Professional DevOps Engineer with 7+ years of experience in architecting and optimizing mission critical deployments over large infrastructure. Building highly efficient CI/CD pipelines for developing and deploying software. Excellent communicator and highly motivated team player, recognized for managing multiple teams to improve the software release process.
Operating System:: Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, Windows and CentOS
Cloud Environments: AWS, Azure
Automation Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Container Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, ECS
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Ngnix, Apache httpd, JBoss, Web Logic
Monitoring Tools: ELK, Cloud Watch, Splunk, Nagios, Grafana, Prometheus
Version Control:: GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket
Scripting Languages: Python, Shell, Bash, Ruby, Groovy
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Designed and implemented CI/CD for the development teams using GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible and AWS EC2.
- Used GitHub as a SCM tool for developing applications and implemented Gitflow workflow, which helped teams to use merge requests for code review and improved the time to release software.
- Dockerized all the services and applications.
- Used Docker Swarm to run applications as service and easy replication.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks that run as a Jenkins job to automate the deployment /installation of software on AWS EC2 virtual machines.
- Worked on AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom - sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Worked on tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Ops Works, RDS, ELB, EBS, Route53, SNS, SQS, KMS, Cloud Trail, and IAM.
- Worked with several AWS services such as Route53 in setting up access control layers and setting up VPC peering particularly related to network Route Tables and configuring them.
- Written Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Used Terraform for coding AWS infrastructure to build staging and production environments. Collaborate in the automation of AWS via Terraform and Jenkins.
- Created alarms and SNS notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Used Dynamodb to store the data for metrics and backend reports
- Used JIRA for project management and bug tracking.
- Worked in an agile and scrum environment which includes daily standup and bi-weekly sprint planning.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Experienced in setting up the infrastructure using the Amazon Web Services including the ELB,EC2, ECS, S3, Auto scaling, S3, IAM,VPC, RDS,VPC, Cloud Trail, Elastic Cache, Lambda (Server less), Cloud Watch, Kinesis, Glacier, SNS,SES, Cloud Formation, Code Commit, Storage Gateway, Code Deploy and the code pipeline.
- Created S3 buckets and also managed policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) with EC2 auto scaling groups.
- Managing CDN on Amazon Cloud Front to improve site performance.
- Implemented the Micro services based on Restful API utilizing Spring Boot with Spring MVC.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Ansible and used CI/CD system of Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build and test and deploy.
- Integrated Junit and SonarQube plugins in Jenkins for automated testing and for code quality check.
- Built a deployment pipeline for deploying tagged versions of applications to AWS beanstalk using Jenkins CI.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with Python SSH to manage configurations of the nodes in the server and tested the playbooks using python and ran the Ansible scripts on the Dev servers.
- Used Ansible server to manage and configure nodes. Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Created Ansible playbooks to provision Apache Web Servers, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Used ELK Stack (Elastic search, Logstash and Kibana) for monitoring the servers using Metric beat daemons that collect metrics from the server, drop it in Elastic search or Logstash, and analyze that metrics using Kibana.
- Used Kafka to aggregate log data into HDFS. Developed a stream filtering system using Spark streaming on top of Apache Kafka.
- Experienced in using the monitoring tools like ELK stack and Dynatrace for the logs and the performance of the application.
- Followed agile methodology and attended daily scrum meetings.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Implemented continuous integration by using Jenkins. Configured and installed Jenkins for Automating Deployment. Administered and maintained GitLab source code tool.
- Improved scripts to build and deploy using ANT and MAVEN as Jenkins build tools for moving from one environment to another.
- Installed and Configured the JFrog Artifactory and Mission Control.
- Worked on setting up new tools such as Kubernetes with Docker to assist with auto-scaling, continuous integration, rolling updates with no downtime.
- Worked on configuration management tool Chef for the Continuous Delivery (CD). Rewritten recipes for new environments. Used to write an install script in the ruby using the extra helper functions from the chef.
- Worked on Chef Cookbooks for the various DB configurations to modularize and optimize the product configuration. Converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using the Chef Recipes.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, and Rundeck and deployment automation.
- Managed the Chef server to push the infrastructure change to client nodes, monitor logs and security.
- Create release pipelines using GIT, Chef for automatic workflow.
- Experienced in Administrating, troubleshooting, configuring and deploying enterprise applications in Web Sphere, Web Logic and Apache-Tomcat.
- Written Shell scripts to manage the alerts of the running service.
- Configured GitLab with Jenkins and scheduled jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Managed GitLab repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Worked on Splunk to monitor the infrastructure implementation.
Build and Release Engineer
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application and re-engineered the setup for better user experience.
- Installed and administered Bitbucket source code tool and designed the branching strategies for Bitbucket as well as ensured the reliability of the application.
- Integrated Jenkins with Bitbucket for continuous integration.
- Installed and administered Nexus repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Configured application servers like Apache Tomcat, JBoss to deploy the code.
- Integrated SonarQube with Jenkins for continuous inspection of code quality and analysis with SonarQube scanner for Maven.
- Developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Worked on Puppet Dashboard and the Puppet DB for the configuration management to the already existing infrastructure.
- Managed Puppet classes, resources, packages, nodes, and other common tasks using puppet console dashboard and live management.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Used monitoring tools like Nagios to make sure the servers and applications supporting the build pipeline are running smoothly.
- Used JIRA for project management and bug tracking.