- Obtain a position as your Systems Admin, utilizing customer service experience and technical knowledge to provide strong support and triage of issues.
- 10+ years of Linux Administration experience; Experience with AWS and Apache Cloudstack; strong experience with many operating systems and server tools (Linux, Apache, Nginx, memCache, Varnish, ipTables, CentOS, cPanel, Plesk, Virtuozzo, Windows, MAC); skilled with Linux Security, DNS, eCommerce, and adaptable to new programs; detail - oriented with great efficiency and notation
- Assist clients with a wide range of System Administration assistance, from building and installing a server, to restoring and reviving crashed database servers
- Manage clients through Cloudtrek utilizing Apache Cloudstack and AWS implementation
- Maintain an extremely broad and functional degree of knowledge for various types of server configurations, ranging from simple webhosts to mission critical database servers
- Must be able to quickly learn and adapt to new/unknown environments
- Heavily utilize virtualization using Vmware, XenServer, Windows Server using WAC
- Understand, configure, and maintain various storage configurations
- Assist during critical emergencies to restore services in high pressure situations
- Receive and build server hardware, including racking, cabling, and installing servers from bare metal
- Fully design, implement, and provide training for Zabbix Monitoring infrastructure
- Create, Modify, and Restore DNS Bindings for client utilizing our DNS
- Create and maintain scripts for backups for both client and infrastructure servers
- Supervise, Train, and Implement failover/migration services across several large, national client infrastructures using Veeam and Carbonite
Shift Lead / DevOps Support
- Specialized Magento Host, supported thousands of Magento eCommerce sites on a custom-built infrastructure utilizing AWS nodes and technology
- Utilize strong understanding of web-centric platforms; Apache, Nginx, PHP, MySQL for customer sites
- Utilize strong understanding of Storage configurations, routing & switching, virtualization (VMWare & Xen) to maintain server integrity
- Installation, Decoding, Upgrades, and assisting customers in Magento store management
- Maintain server health, including monitoring, backups, and restore systems
- Assist in securing Magento sites with relevant patches and version updates.
- Debug all manner of server admin issues; emails, API integration, CDN, media management
- Troubleshoot all manners of email connection issues, from server-side to PEBKAC
- Maintain local DNS servers/records
- Learn and implement new technologies for a quickly growing webhost
- Specialized in WordPress support, utilizing proprietary backend software, WordPress CMS, MySQL, Apache/Nginx, and Varnish.
- Supported a large customer base via Phone and Zendesk with any issues with their sites or servers, including: outages, tool integration, analytics, firewall/port management
- Monitor our server farm to proactively prevent issues; with a focus on resource allocation management
- Maintain a deep, personal understanding of clients' business needs
- Authored training documentation, for both client and internal usage
- Trained and mentored Level 1 & 2 technicians on job responsibilities, tools, and expectations.