- Possess 20+ years of professional experience designing and developing programs and application systems with Confidential Access.
- Over the years I have focused on building database solutions.
- The solutions were implemented using Confidential Access, SQL Server or Confidential back end databases.
- The user interfaces were created using the Confidential Access architecture.
- I have a working knowledge of all aspects of the database development cycle. My experience includes requirements analysis, creation of specifications (system, programs, and modules), database design, application packaging and deployment, upgrades, maintenance and support. I make extensive use of the Structured Query Language (SQL) and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- The finished solutions have incorporated conditional processing, robust error handling and the ability to read from and write data to other databases and applications.
- I am a creative, extremely motivated and versatile individual using the Confidential Access development environment and the Confidential Office Suite of programs.
- I posses the skills to evaluate a system(s), identify weaknesses, recommend and implement the proposed solutions to enhance the company environment.
- I am a very positive individual who is well suited for complex problem resolution in fast paced environments.
- I have excellent communication skills and work extremely well with others.
- Functional Skills: I possess the skills to work with company/business owners to capture and translate company information needs into system requirements, modifications and enhancements. I have the ability to act as the liaison to management, users and any other personnel required to participate on the project. I possess the abilities to manage projects, control project schedules, assign tasks and report project statuses to management to assure that project goals are met as scheduled. I possess the skills and knowledge to train staff on the use of Confidential Access applications and the Confidential Office suite.
- Technical Skills: Skilled in the use of the Confidential Access environment in the creation of Tables, Forms, Modules, Reports, Queries and Macros. I have proven expertise in the use of code using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in the development of Confidential Access applications. I have the ability to program in Visual Basic suite of environments. I am proficient in the use of the Structured Query Language for Confidential SQL Server and Confidential . I possess the skills to create Transact - SQL and PL/SQL stored procedures and triggers. Confidential Access Application Development, Rapid Prototyping using Confidential Access Environment, Database Design Data Transformation/Loading (cleaning/scrubbing) Requirements Definition, Program Specifications (system, application and modules), Technical Support/Administration for the Confidential Windows Operating Systems (server and desktop), System Deployments (installs, upgrades and patches) User Technical Support, and Mentoring
- Data Analysis Experience with relational database technology. Experience as a database designer, analyst and application developer. This includes related experience with extraction transformation and load methods, data cleansing and validation, data integration, data flow modeling, and other complimentary skills.: Development: Fluent in programming in the Confidential Access environment, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and Visual Basic.
Access Development / VBA
- Developed a Voter Application Database System for District 8 of Prince George’s County Maryland.
- A Confidential Excel spreadsheet was provided which contained the residents for the County from 2002 through 2010.
- The system was developed to provide the Council candidate with the names and addresses of residents who voted in the 2002 and 2006 elections.
- The system was developed with Confidential Access.
- Once requirements were defined and accepted the database schema was created and the data loaded from the spreadsheet.
- Date entry forms were developed for the district8, user and state tables.
- The system provided the capability to produce reports and labels by selecting criteria defined by the Candidate.
Access Development / VBA
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) was tasked to provide current information regarding contract s (funding, length, status, etc.) to other Federal agencies and stakeholders (i.e. Congress, SBA, etc.).
- I was ed the contract to develop a system in an environment consisting of a Windows servers and desktop operating systems.
- I was granted administrative rights on the Windows servers to create the users and set rights/permissions to the data repository on the network.
- I created the database schemas and SQL queries to create the tables and load data pulled from multiple federal resources into the following databases ( Confidential SQL Server, Confidential Access and Confidential ).
- The system provided the capability of printing forms (e.g. SF294, SF295, and OF312) directly from the Confidential Access database on demand.
- I created detailed system and user documentation (hardcopy and incorporated in application).
- I provided three (3) days of formal to the users and application support group in the use and management of the application using Confidential PowerPoint.
Confidential Access Development / VBA
- The Department of Consumer Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) had been deficient in collecting funds for licenses and renewals into the Treasury.
- I was ed a contract to design and develop a system to operate on a network using Confidential Windows Servers and Desktop operating systems. Applications were developed for the following business units in DCRA; Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC), Business System Division (BSD) and the Office of Adjudication (OADJ). Each of the applications would have the capability to prints bills and licenses directly from the back end data repository. Interviewed DCRA staff to define requirements for the applications. Developed the applications using MS Access and MS SQL Server, MS Access and Confidential as the back-end data repository.
- Designed and implemented new database schema. Developed extensive data conversion modules to convert data from a WANG Pace and ADABAS databases to a SQL-based data repository.
- Developed modules for the extraction and verification of data, generation of billing and renewal tables for collections and forecasting modules (projected revenues for DCRA based upon user supplied criteria) for the Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) and Business System Division (BSD).
- I was provided with Administrative rights/privileges across the network to multiple Windows servers in different domains to create the groups, policies, users and assign rights to the resources.
- I was responsible for the day-to-day operation and administration of the application environment from the production release for three months.
- During this period of time I developed written processes and procedures for the maintenance of the application and trained the DCRA system support group.
- I developed an application to deploy the DCRA systems Confidential Access system environment on the servers and workstations.
- The procedures included the steps to define users on the distributed server environment and backup procedures of the data repositories.
- Created application and system documentation and formally trained users in the use and support of the applications