- A true Site Reliability professional with almost 11 years in IT industry comprising of Linux System Administrator, DevOps, Build and Release Engineer in automating, building, deploying, managing, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Experienced in AWS Cloud Computing services, such as EC2, VPC, ELB, Auto - Scaling, Security Groups, Route53, IAM, EBS, AMI, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, and Cloud Front.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates (CFT) to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Expertise in building of artifacts such as war, jar, and ear from source code using Apache ANT and Maven.
- Worked on creating repositories, Plugin management, snapshots, and deployment automation in Maven.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experienced in writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Developed and version controlled of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Good knowledge in Troubleshooting issues on Puppet master and agent.
- Application of Puppet deployment and system patching using puppet manifests.
- Experienced in writing Puppet modules for installation and configuration of various deployments on third party applications and knowledge on Vagrant.
- Installed, configured, and administered application servers like WebLogic, WebSphere, Jboss and Tomcat of application servers.
- Experience in virtualization technologies like VMware infrastructure, including ESX/ESXi and, vCenter, vSphere and associated VMware products and creation of VMs, Cloning and migrations of the Virtual Machines on VMware vSphere.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as (Configuration of networks, router configuration and wireless security, TCP/IP, VPN, Content Filtering, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WLAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel, and wireless networks.)
- Designed and added new features to Elasticsearch's Kibana plugins in Java script.
Site Reliability Engineer
Confidential, seattle, washington
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as Elastic Cloud Computing, Simple Storage Services, Cloud Formation, Glacier, Block Storage, Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Lambda, Virtual Private cloud, Load balancing, Relational Database Service, and Cloud Watch.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), public subnet and private subnet and route out the private subnet using NAT Gateway.
- Responsible for testing and production of web application in TEST/STG/PROD environments.
- Deploying the JAR, WAR, and EAR files to the Application servers for continuous integration and delivery process.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP (Google Cloud Platform). Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Involved in development of test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- R efactoring of monolithic applications to a Microservices and Component based architectures.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the micro services to pull image from the private docker registry and deploy to docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP
- Worked with OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization and maintained Docker Images and containers.
- Implemented and managed Dynatrace on business social critical desktop and mobile applications.
- Resolved 30+ customer complaints everyday related to Jenkins, Git, Clearcase, Nexus, Sonar, Java.
- Managed the Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child POM files to relate between projects.
- Utilized Configuration Management tool Ansible Tower and created Ansible Playbooks to automate system operations.
- Knowledge Jenkins workflow plugin to help CI-CD pipeline process via container-based deployments using tools like Docker.
- Evaluated and designed the software and the infrastructure for the company-wide public container cloud solution based on Elastic Kubernetes Service.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CICD process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Build the deliverable artifacts using Maven as a build tool in Jenkins for Java applications and deploy them to various environments.
- Created Python Script using AWS API calls to manage all resources deployed on AWS.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins, Cruise Control and Subversion. Written scripts to containerize Ansible using Docker and orchestrate it using Kubernetes.
- Written Ansible Playbooks for various DB configurations to modify and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Ansible.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto scaling, and incorporating Ansible using AWS OpsWorks on the JSON Cloud Formation scripts for the configuration deployment onto the nodes.
- Used Maven Dependency Management system to deploy the snapshots and release versions of code to the Nexus repository.
- Used ReactJS to create views to hook up models to the DOM and synchronize data with server as a Single Page Application (SPA).
- Configured Apache web server in the Linux AWS Cloud environment using Ansible Automation and Hands on experience with Ansible and OpsWorks in AWS cloud environment and knowledge on writing and deploying cookbooks in Ansible.
- Implement solutions using Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Java API, etc. Work closely with the business and analytics team in gathering the system requirements.
- Load and transform large sets of structured and semi structured data. Load data into HBase tables using Java MapReduce.
- Worked closely with Git for different projects for build and release SCM effort like Branching, Tagging and Merge.
- Maintained Jenkins continuous integration and deployments automated releases to DEV/TEST/STG/PROD environments.
- Configured S3 to host static web content and also Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Developed Java API to connect the Amazon S3 service to store and retrieve the media files.
- Utilized Cloud watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon to design high availability applications on AWS across availability zones.
- Elasticsearch (ELK) for deep search and data analytics
- Created and maintained Python scripts for automation build and used Ansible to maintain configuration on LINUX servers and also created Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) to launch the stacks.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Expert Knowledge in Bash Shell Scripting, Automation of Cron Jobs.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication.
Environment: Dynatrace, AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, Auto scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic File system, RDS, VPC, Route 53, PostgreSQL, Agile, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, IAM, SNS, Maven, Docker, JIRA, Shell scripts, Jenkins, Ansible, Python.
Continous Delivery Engineer
Confidential, Reston, virginia
- Proficient in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes IAM, EC2, AMI, EBS, ELB, VPC, RDS, S3, SNS, Route 53, AWS Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Front. And configured notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
- Created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Worked with networking team to build out an edge security design consisting of separate VPC's for HCI, IP, or Internet facing EC2 instances.
- Developed an AWS security roadmap which included the AWS Services and 3rd party tools to be utilized in the AWS Cloud for Security monitoring.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP.
- Streamlined installation of OpenShift on partner cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure.
- Utilized Kubernetes for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Designed and Implemented MVC architecture using Spring Framework, which involved writing Action Classes/Forms/Custom Tag Libraries & JSP pages.
- Configured the Docker containers and created Docker files for different environments.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging, and pushing the images.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Experience in branching, tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments working on Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Administered and Implemented CI tool Jenkins for automated builds.
- Installed Jenkins on Linux machines and created master and slave configurations to implement multiple parallel builds.
- Application deployment and configuration for enterprise scale infrastructure using Jenkins.
- Implemented a continuous Delivery pipeline with Jenkins and GitHub.
- Experience with software Build automation and standardization tools like ANT and Maven.
- Developed Build using MAVEN as build tool and used CI tools to move builds from one environment to other environments.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Installed Chef server Enterprise on premise/workstation/ bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/Chef spec.
- Experience writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Developed Puppet manifest to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Experience in setting up Puppet dashboard and ensuring that Puppet master can communicate to Puppet client.
- Designed, implemented, maintained, and troubleshooting of High available critical applications running on Apache and MySQL/PostgreSQL database.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi, vSphere and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
Environment: Linux, Cloud Watch, EBS, Chef, Docker, VPC, WebLogic, JBoss, Apache, WebSphere, GIT, Maven, ANT, MySQL, Ansible, ELB, EC2, S3.
Configuration Management Engineer
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux) and configuring servers for specific applications.
- Design AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates, security product templates.
- Managing security groups on AWS and custom monitoring using cloud watch.
- Worked on Jenkins to build and test the applications.
- Adding patches to keep the servers updated against bugs present in the operating system as well as other applications like VERITAS Storage Foundation, Web Sphere and Oracle.
- Worked on VERITAS NetBackup 6.5 which includes installation, creating policies, configuration and upgrading servers.
- Creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 3.5 and migrating servers across ESX hosts.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Developing AWS cloud formation templates and setting up Auto scaling for EC2 instances.
- Automation of configuration and management through Puppet.
- Setting up of private networks and Sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes onto different environments like DEV, QA, UAT and PROD.
- Hands-on experience in mobile development with Java using Eclipse IDE.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Involved installing and managing different automation and monitoring tools on Redhat Linux like Nagios and Puppet
- Load-balancing with ELB.
- Researched and implemented an Agile work flow for continuous integration and testing of applications using Jenkins. Experience with apache, Puppet for automation of repetitive processes.
- Installed Puppet client software on RHEL 6.x servers and established a communication between master and client through SSL certification.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for Red hat Linux using kickstart.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Handling operational tickets. Resolving day-to-day trouble tickets for operating systems, applications, printers, and network problems.
- Perform upgrades, patch updates to hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Responsible for Data center management & migration planning, build plan, cut over strategy, test strategy & plan, configuration changes.
Environment: Puppet, Jenkins, DEV, QA, UAT and PROD, Python, EC2, AMI, NAT, VERITAS Storage Foundation, Web Sphere and Oracle, Veritas NetBackup 6.5, ELB, RHEL