- Skilled Professional with 8+ years of experience in IT industry with major focus on Azure, Aws Cloud/ DevOps, Continuous Integrationand Continuous Delivery (CI/CD pipeline), Build and Release management, Linux/Windows administrationand support.
- Experienced in using various AWS Services including Computing, Networking, Database, Storage, Monitoring and Security services such as EC2, EBS, S3, CLI, VPC, RDS, S3, SES, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, API Gateway, Directory services, Cognito, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB etc.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates and used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS. Restoring existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWSOpsWork stacks.
- Experience in Infrastructure on AWS using IAM, API Gateway, CloudTrail, Cloud Watch, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), AWSKinesis, Lambda, NACL, Elastic Beanstalk, Redshift andCloudFormation.
- Experience on Jenkins/Hudson, Subversion (SVN), TFS, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Eclipse, Red Hat (RHEL), Shell script, UNIX, Linux, and Windows Server.
- Experience on AWS, focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling using Terraform templates, Along with (CI/CD) with AWS Lambda and AWS Code Pipeline.
- Expert in severalAzure services like Compute (Worker Roles, Web Roles), Caching, Azure SQL, NoSQL, Storage, and Networkservices, Azure Active Directory, API Management,Scheduling, AzureAutoscaling, PowerShell Automation, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure search, Azure DNS, gateway of Azure VPN.
- Expertise at Windows Azurein a .NETstack of technologies,Proficient in Windows Azure deployments, incident management, production support for Azure components, IIS/SQL server, IT maintenance and administration, Project Management, PowerShell scripting, live site incident management.
- Expertise in Azure Development services like Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure AD, Azure search, Azure DNS, Azure VPN Gateway,Notification hub.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues for customers to a great extend focused around Azure VMs, Azure App Services, Azure SQL Databases, Application Gateways, VPN Gateways, Azure AD, and Azure migrations
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration from pulling up the code from version control tools like GIT, SVN, CVS, IBM Clear Case and building Artifacts using build tools like Ant, Maven and Gradle. And deploying them into artifact repositories like Nexus and Maven.
- Developed Maven and Gradle Scripts to automate the build process. Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Experience with ticketing & Project Management tools like JIRA, Azure DevOps, Bugzilla, ServiceNow and HPQC.
- Experience working with Java, Python, scripting languages (such as BASH & PowerShell) and complementary programming languages, operating systems and supporting software.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the container registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Hands on expertise in working Splunk to analyze & visualize the servers by obtaining the huge volume of data logs. Worked in the agile environment of JIRA refactoring existing components & widgets to keep in sync with the emerging trends of AEM.
- Experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting WebLogic, Apache Tomcat and security software’s in Linux.
- Authored Playbooks in Ansible using YAML scripting and Manifests in Puppet using DSL to provision Nginx, ApacheSpark, ApacheWebservers, Tomcatservers. And custom modules with Ansible Playbooks to automate in AWS services like Launching EC2, Provisioning IAM, Configuring VPC.
- Experienced in Installing, Configuring and Managing Docker Containers, DockerImages for Web Servers and Applications servers as Apache, Apache Tomcat using Docker and integrated Amazon MySQLRDS database.
- Expertise in Build and Release Management with Jenkins, ANT, Maven, SVN, Junit etc. Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments. And Worked with Continuous Integration tools likeJenkins.
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins/ Hudson. Worked with multiple DevOps methodologies and tools Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery tools (Jenkins) Infrastructure.
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, worked with Terraform. Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Expertise withDocker images using a Docker file, worked on container snapshots, removing Images and managing Docker volumes. Orchestration of Docker images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating master and node.
- Implemented Docker-Maven plugin and Maven POM to build Docker Images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker Images from the java jar files.
- Good hands on with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes, experience with RedHat OpenShift Platform as a Service product.
- Experience in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins. Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Implemented and administered Continuous Integration process using Jenkins, Bamboo and Team City.
- Experience working with log monitoring tools syslog and ELK Stack (Elastic search, Log stash, Kibana), also used Cloud Watch, Nagios and Splunk for monitoring.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scriptinglike Shell, Ruby, Groovy, Python, Perl, and XML. Utilized MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB and Elastic cache to perform essential database administration. Profusely worked on Installation, Configuration and Management of RDS and NoSQL tools such as SQL Server MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, and Cassandra.
- Profusely worked on Installation, Configuration and Management of RDS and NoSQL tools such as SQL Server MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, and Cassandra.
- Experience in working on Configuration Management Tools like Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
- Designed and implemented Software configuration management (SCM) and change management (CM) solution using Ansible, Jira and Jenkins,ConfiguredSonarQube for code coverage.
- Extensively worked on Puppet configuration management tool which includes installing Puppet master, agents and writing manifests from scratch and pushing them to agents for CI & CD.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server less architecture, deployed via Terraform and AWS Cloud formation.
Ansible:, Chef, Puppet
Jenkins:, Hudson, Bamboo, ANT, Maven
GIT:, Subversion (SVN),Bit Bucket.
Nagios:, SPLUNK, ELK, New Relic, Graylog, Graphene, Zabbix.
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, J2EE
Databases: MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elasticache.
Application servers: Web Logic Application Server 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere /4.x/5.x6.x/7.x/8.x, Web Logic (8/9/10)
Docker:, Docker Compose, Docker swarm, Docker Mesos, Kubernetes
Linux: (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9, HP-UX 11.23, 11.31, (4.3/5.x/6.x/7.x), Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT /2000/2003, DEBIAN.
Scripting Languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP, Bash, Power shell.
Atlassian Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo.
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SAMBA
DevOps & Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Baltimore, Maryland
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks, subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, security policies and routing. Also, deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure Virtual Networks and subnets.
- Responsible for all AD, IIS, SSL, SSO, SQL, Load Balancing, NSG’s, and VPN configurations for Azure.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure, Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365. Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure Power Shell and Portal.
- Created, validated solutions for data center migration to Azure cloud environment.
- Created different templates of ARM under platform of Azure.
- Expertise in Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Azure Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets, designed VNets and subscriptions to conform to Azure Network Limits.
- Configured applications that run multi-container Docker applications by utilizing the Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config-Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Architected, planned, developed & maintained Azure Infrastructure using Terraform templates to build staging and production environments.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages. Established a local dev workflow that centered around minikube to validate deployments in Kubernetes.
- Using Docker and setting Azure Container Registry with Docker and Docker-compose and actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Used Azure Terraform to deploy the Azure infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project.
- Experience on Jenkins/Hudson, Subversion (SVN), TFS, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Eclipse, Red Hat (RHEL), Shell script, UNIX, Linux, and Windows Server.
- Created several SQL scripts as part of bug fixes to provide immediate solutions for some of the common issues on Windows machines. Created Shell and Python Scripts to automate creation of AMI’s through preboot and bootstrapping techniques. Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on LINUX environments using shell scripting.
- Experience in JIRA for ticketing and as well as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub, Maven, Azure.
- Installed and configuring of Chef Server, Chef-solo along with creating ChefCookbooks and implemented latest releases of Chef- Solo, Compliance, Habitat. CreatedChef Recipes to install and configure Nagios for monitoring Infrastructure.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring and Cloud Watch and ELK to monitor OS metrics, server health checks, file system usage etc.
- Experience in installing, maintaining and troubleshooting WebLogic, Apache Tomcat and security software’s in Linux.
- Integrated Ansible with Jenkins to provide automation, continuous integration through Jenkins and Implemented Jenkins Workflow and Plugins for repeatable deployments of multi-tier applications, artifacts and services to Docker.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Artifactory and Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI
- Jenkins server
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including MSSQL, MySQL, Cassandra and MongoDB in AWS.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Created continuous integration system using Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Ansible, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deploying with MCollective,Hiera, Custom Ansible modules.
Environment: LINUX, Azure, Chef, Maven, Jenkins, Ruby, SHELL, TFS, Jira, Python, Tomcat, Web Logic, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Mongo DB, Java, Ansible, YAML, Nagios, ELK, Terraform.
DevOps & AWS Engineer
Confidential, Alexandria, Virginia
- Designing and architecting multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS.
- Architected and configured hosting infrastructure in AWS, this includes configuration of Hybridcloud environment, connecting on Premise data center to AWS VPC's using Redundant AWS direct connect, configured Secure VPN connection with subsidiary companies
- Configured virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, inbound and outbound Security Groups, Route Tables.
- Processed data streams in AWS kinesis using AWS Lambda.
- Experienced in creating custom Build & Deployment automation solutions in scripting languages including Python, Shell, UNIX shell, Ruby, Perl and PowerShell.
- Expert in converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via AWS Cloud Formation template and Terraform.
- Experience in development and configuration experience, LAMP setup on RHEL with software provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet and SaltStack wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S#/Route53 &ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as WAR & EAR from source code.
- Granting security user access and limits using AWS identity and Access Managing by creating new profiles policies for user management in JSON.
- Configured AWS Multi Factor Authentication in IAM to implement 2 step authentication of user’s access using Google Authenticator and AWS Virtual MFA
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, DataBase, Commands, Users Mount Points, Packages Developed build and Deployment Scripts using ANT and Maven as Build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Trouble-shooted CI and automated deployment and management using Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Ant, Docker or comparable tools.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using Docker containers and Chef. Deployed Java/J2EE applications through Tomcat Application servers.
- Created Ansible Playbooks and Chef cookbooks to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx, Apache Spark and other applications.
- Coordinate with developers establishing appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control and analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Creating and branching and merging strategy with multiple branches and used Git as source code management repository to keep track of version changes.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using splunk, Cloud watch using ELK Stack Elastic Search Log stash.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms RedHat Linux, Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration
- Managed Kubernetes using Helm charts. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes pods, created nodes and replicated them and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Configured JIRA workflows according to the needs to the CM team and integrated the project management features of with the build and release process.
- Worked on Docker and Ansible in build automation pipeline and Continuous Deployment of code using Jenkins and wrote Playbooks to automate Ansible servers using YAML scripting and Developed an Ansible role for Zabbix-agent which will be integrated into the to the CI/CD pipeline.
Environment: AWS, VPC, AWS Lambda, AWS AMIs, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Git, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Saltstack, SonarQube, Ansible, Nexus, Artifactory, Splunk, ELK, Tomcat, Nginx, JIRA, Shell scripts, Python, YAML, Ruby, Groovy, Perl, NoSQL, UNIX, Linux.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Monitored resources and applications using AWS cloud watch including creating alarms to monitor metrics such as EBS, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3 and configured notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
- Expert in monitoring systems performance, Backing up and restoring files, Troubleshooting Linux network and security related issues.
- Created and Configured Red Hat Linux Environment and Solaris Virtual Machines in AWS.
- Worked with Docker file to build docker images and delivered micro services applications successfully.
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and images in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch using Docker file.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, the Docker container leverages Linux containers.
- Implemented testing environment for Kubernetes and administrated the Kubernetes Clusters, Deployed and Orchestrated the applications with Kubernetes.
- Created Python Scripts to Automate AWS services, ELB, Cloud Front Distribution, ECS, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
- Created artifact files by using jar files and POM.xml files and used Apache Tomcat application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Built scripts using Maven in Jenkins and Sonar to move from one environment to other environments. Deployed Applications into PROD and Pre-Prod environments with various Application server technologies like Weblogic, Jboss&Apache Tomcat.
- Created build and deployment jobs in Jenkins for various components.
- Experienced in setting up Jenkins for an project and also used the Jenkins command line features and the REST API within an automation. The Jenkins REST API xml Output was integrated with MySQL database using Shellscript,PHP and PHP-MySQL.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of GIT metadata Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Developed automated processthat run daily to check disk usage and performance cleanup of file systems using Shell scripting.
- Written Shell scripts and Ansible playbook to manage the alerts of the running services.
- Installed and configured Nginx for the running services.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT repository, setup SCM polling for immediate build with maven and maven repository (Nexus Artifact) and deployed apps using custom Ruby modules through puppet as a CI/CD process.
- Strong exposure to configuration management tools such as terraform, Ansible and Puppet.
- Created custom Puppet modules for bootstrapping new servers with required application dependencies and packages.
- Worked on chef recipe for automating spring Boot application deployment in AWS EC2.
- Created CHEF manifests and modules to automate system operations. Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef recipes, Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes using RUBY.
Environment: LINUX, AWS, SHELL scripting, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Tom Cat, Nginx, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Python.
Build and Release Engineer
- Maintained and Administered GITHUB Source Code Tool.
- Created Git repositories and specified branching strategies that best fitted needs for the client, created hooks and managed permissions on the branches for Git.
- Involved in migration of code from SVN to Git
- Responsible for managing and administering multiple instance of Git and develop server-side scripts/SW to customize Git and to tie in with other tools such as Gerrit/Jir, Jenkins/Hudson.
- Created Jenkins pipelines involving several Downstream/Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other applications & based on Release methodologies.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven.
- Responsible for build, design and maintain the platform automation infrastructure using Chef.Involved in setting up Chef Workstation, Nodes, Cookbooks, and Recipes using Ruby Scripting.
- Implemented Test Driven Development (TDD) approach for writing Chef Cookbooks using Test-Kitchen, Berkshelf, FoodCritic, ChefSpec.
- Managed Nexus Maven repositories to download the artifacts during the build. Used Nexus tool to manage the repository in Maven and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on AWS using EC2,S3 and EBS.
- Installed and administered Atlassian tool se including JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo.
- Integrated Build dependencies and dependency blocking strategy in Bamboo and expert in building and monitoring software projects continuously with a CI tool, Bamboo,Hudson.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x, Windows Server 2003 Active Directory.
- Composed shell, Python and PowerShell scripts to automate manual tasks in Linux and windows environment. Kernel tuning, Writing Shell scripts for system maintenance and file management. Handled LILO to resolve server issues using rescue mode, and single user mode.
- Developed UNIX and Shell, Perl Scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed. Maintaining production critical servers running Solaris UNIX, Linux supporting Oracle database, DB2 and Webservices
- Expertise in Linux backup/restore with tar including disk partitioning and formatting. Handling the day-to-day Operations, Troubleshooting& Solve Server Problems in LINUX.
- Assisted project management team with design issues, troubleshoot technical issues, rotating on-call pager, Install OS patches, NFS mounts and Auto mount.
- Installed/configured/maintained the Linux servers NIS, DNS, NFS, Send mail, apache, ftp, ssh. Installed host firewall IP tables for Red hat Linux.
- Administered and supported application servers, responsibilities included troubleshooting and monitoring servers using Nagios.
Environment: IP tables, firewall, TCP wrapper, NMAP, Kickstart server, VMware ESX server, Solaris UNIX, Oracle database, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, HP-UX, SSH, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, TCP/IP, Nagios, Shell Scripting, Python, Power Shell, RedHat.