- Database architect with 20 years of experience in high volume transaction processing, e - commence, call center and data warehouses.
- Unusual ability to simplify complex problems and applications. Strong performance tuning and troubleshooting skills. SaaS experience with both AWS and Azure.
- Responsible for tuning multi TB databases requiring millisecond level response times.
- Development and support of multi-tenant databases involving billions of transactions per year.
- Tuned queries ranging from seconds to hours and reduced duration as much as 99%.
- Developed and supported thousands of SSIS packages.
- Onboarding tuning to reduce load times over 70%.
- Reduced complexity of internal reporting system replacing 100+ reports with a multiple level application and a single user interface.
- Architected and created end-user data mart to replace existing customer portal for over 15,000 suppliers to query their invoice and metrics data. Reduced average query time per report from over 5 minutes to 28 milliseconds. Reduced database maintenance by over 90%.
- Performance tuning of multiple CRM systems. Customers were seeing performance degradation and system freezes. Reduced worst query times by 90-99%, reduce heavy locking and deadlocking enabling Fortune 50 company to keep key clients.
- Data modelling work for OLTP and Data Warehouse environments.
- Experience as both a database manager and individual contributor.
SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2
SQL, SSIS, SSRS, C#, Python
Strong Query Optimization Skills
DevOps in AWS & Azure
Development, Monitoring & Tuning
Confidential, Medford, MA
- Develop and support of multiple database platforms including SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and PostgreSQL.
- Databases types supported include Microsoft CRM, home-grown SQL Server data warehouse, Oracle OLTP system supporting over 86% of all Confidential road-side assistance and DB2 database storing real-time data from automotive sensors.
- Databases increase in size by as much as 20GB per day, Cloud platform AWS.
- Created and supported multiple EC2 and RDS instances.
Confidential, Newton, MA
- Database engineer responsible for development, monitoring and query tuning of multi-tenant, multi TB SQL Server databases.
- Cloud platform Azure. jANUARY 2000 to DECEMBER 2006
Director Database Architect
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Database supported over 10,000 retail outlets and 15 corporate web sites.
- Lead engineer developing middle tier to support real-time bundle offers for cable and telecommunications industries.
Principal Software Engineer
Confidential, Lowell, MA
- Lead database engineer developing application for world’s fourth largest call center company.