- Highly motivated technical professional with extensive experience in the IT industry. Proven customer service advocate with an outstanding work ethic and excellent communication, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise includes high aptitude for troubleshooting technologies and root cause analysis for problem resolution.
- Known for being a collaborative team player equally effective working as an individual contributor.
- Commitment to a continual pursuit to recognize innovative ways to improve customer satisfaction and system efficiency while remaining flexible to opportunities for aggressive cost savings.
Hardware: Dell PowerEdge, HPE ProLiant, Cisco UCS, Super Micro, Lenovo System X
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012/2016/2019 , Confidential ESX 3.5/4.0/4.1, ESXi 5.0/5.1/5.5/6.0/6.5/6.7 , Linux, Oracle VM, PFsense
Software: Microsoft Hyper - V, Confidential vCenter, Confidential SRM, Confidential vSphere, Confidential vSAN, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Tivoli Storage Manager, Veritas Netbackup, Remedy, MessageOne OneSwitch, ServiceNow, Zenoss, Evault, Snort, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Extensive experience managing and troubleshooting Confidential products, including ESXi 5.0 through ESXi 6.7.
- Performed live troubleshooting of Severity 1-3 problems within customer environments.
- Developed documentation detailing the build and deployment process for Sungard AS managed cloud VMs.
Technical Support Engineer
- Resolution of storage All Paths Down (APD) and Permanent Device Loss (PDL) events.
- Recovery of virtual machine VMDKs due to snapshot related issues (too many snapshots to consolidate and/or corrupt disk descriptors).
- Diagnosis of storage outages due to upstream issues in storage fabrics and/or networks.
- Performed Root Cause Analysis of storage and network outages, and ESXi Purple Screen (PSOD) events.
- Extensive experience with ESXi, the ESXi command line, and of ESXi’s log structure.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Provided escalation path for Tier 1 and 2 engineers.
- Live troubleshooting of production outages.