Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
- Support of existing NetApp 7 - mode and clustered storage infrastructure.
- Identified and resolved deviations from NetApp recommended best-practices, maintained software and firmware at recommended release levels, resolved issues with over-provisioned volumes which improved NetApp storage efficiencies from 20% available capacity to over 40% available capacity without the purchase of additional storage hardware.
- Attain skills to permit administration of existing SAN infrastructure. HP/3par
- Attain skills, ongoing. To support any future SAN/NAS infrastructure.
- Provided on-call support and after-hours work, as needed.
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
Senior IT Storage Architect
- Acquired significant new knowledge in IBM SVC, FlashSystem, and SAS/SATA storage arrays while architecting and implementing a flash and SAS array storage solution for EPIC and related EHM applications. This deployment was designed, with no reference architecture and little to no assistance from IBM or their delivery partner, on an IBM SVC with FlashSystem900, V8000 and V5000 arrays. EPIC successfully tested and certified this design and installation at 300% of the expected I/O workload. IBM vetted the design after-the-fact with only minimal and minor recommendations for change.
- Obtained advanced-user experience with NetApp OnCommand Insight for end-to-end monitoring of the Confidential VMWare VDI and server virtualization infrastructure as well as for overall health monitoring and incident root-cause-analysis.
- Major contributor of architecture and implementation for the Confidential technology refresh, migrating multiple storage platform data (EMC CAS, NetApp 8 7-mode, HP SAN) to NetApp Clustered OnTap v8.2.
- Project Primary for Datacenter storage migration, condensing 8 hospital-based data centers to two active/active datacenters. Initial second Datacenter buildout was completed, migration about 80% complete.
- Mentored junior team members.
- Evaluated, recommended and specified net new storage hardware and technologies, hardware refresh, and migration methodology from NetApp 7-Mode to Clustered OnTap platforms.
- Provided after-hours support, as needed and participated in the team after-hours on-call rotation.
- Monitored all Confidential storage system health, capacity, and performance. Analyzed issues to provide proactive response whenever possible.
- Documented in-place infrastructure and ongoing design for new projects.
- Performed daily maintenance and major issue resolution in accordance to Confidential change management policies.
- Worked with, specified and created quotes, proposals, and bills-of-material for enterprise storage components, including Network Appliance Filers, SAN, NAS, and Tape.
- Demonstrated and applied expertise with storage architecture considerations, backup and recovery techniques, replication, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting. Created and used complex technical documentation.
- Worked individually and in a team environment with clients and MTM colleagues and provided service delivery and project consultation, as needed.
- Acted as a technical on-call resource for the MTM Managed Services team, helpdesk and internal IT storage systems support.