A hands - on Senior IT Manager with extensive experience in managing large, mission critical Cloud Migration (AWS & Azure) initiatives. In-Depth background in Enterprise Systems development, Program management, Product Management, Infrastructure Management and Security Management. Strengths include implementing IT Transformation Initiatives, Process improvement, Team Development and Risks Management. Adept Confidential working in fast paced, budget-oriented environment. Efforts regularly save expenses, resources and time while building a long-term relationship between business and technology towers.
Business Skills: Program and Project Management, IT Risk Management, Strategy Formulation, Enterprise Architecture, Resource Management, IT & Business alignment, Financial Industry, Business Process Outsourcing, Disaster Recovery/Resiliency, ITIL, Agile and Waterfall methodologies
Technology Skills: AWS and Azure Public and Private Cloud Implementation, Microservices, Kubernetis, Dockers, Virtualization, Big Data Technologies, Web Applications, Multi-Tier architecture, Virtualization, Information Security, Data Warehousing, Mission Critical Applications, Data Center Operations
- Lead Modernization of Legacy application using LiftnShift, Replatforming and Reachitecture engagements.
- Experience running modernization offerings, delivery framework and the processes, tools/techniques needed to address the project's delivery
- Ensure Active involvement with Cloud Providers solutions and delivery decisions with Vendor Architects, Developers by understanding the solution's technology components
- Experience leading technical discussions with the team, supporting and resolving technical issues.
- Create and promote architecture standards and strategy for the Public, Public-Private cloud-first organization
- Align IT Strategy with AWS and Azure Cloud architecture and best-practices
- Keep abreast of cloud technology trends and competitive forces
- Shape and guide the development of services offered by the cloud-first organization
- Guide and influence the future cloud service offerings based on business demand, industry trends, and cost pressures
- Engage with vendors and partners to assess new tools, emerging technologies, software / hardware solutions to understand their role in an evolving cloud environment
- Actively engage and communicates with Development, Infrastructure and IT Operations lead to understand and measure status of services delivered
- Work with Project Sponsors and Data Scientists to understand the business requirements, value proposition, budgetary implication, market research and vendor proposals to create a conceptual model of the project.
- Identify Stakeholders, finalize business requirements, work with internal SMEs and vendors to complete a buildout of Data Lake with sample data while keeping focus on finalizing the architecture, budget and test cases. Measure and calibrate the incoming data from various feed sources in real time or in batches and ensure that the design is scalable.
- Work with global project team members & vendors to complete the development activities in Agile methodology. Lead scrums, ensure test cases are well defined and signed-off by the users in due course of time. Complete thorough Unit Testing, System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Work with the operations team to transition the data lake while training the Ops resources. Provide parallel support to the user community while providing data stewardship by assisting Ops team in day-to-day operations of Data Lake Feed ingestion process. Ensure that the focus is on improving the workflow processes and ensuring compliance with corporate guidelines. Assist in monitoring of optimal functionality of the Data Lake infrastructure. Work with feed owners to setup monitoring logic so any abnormal pattern or data transfer issue sends automatic notification for further action. In case of feed issues, work with publisher side to recover data.
- Lead team of Architects and software engineers with clear responsibility to make a change to the application development paradigm by embracing “Big Data”, “Mobile First”, and “Prototype driven development” methodologies, Enable the team to build an enterprise wide Big Data Framework using Open Source Software in Hadoop Framework.
- Provide end-to-end guidance to delivery teams while ensuring that IT solutions adhere to the firm’s long-term vision.
- Coordinating with Business, Technology and leadership team with the objective of ensuring and reporting that projects are on schedule and within budget.
- Develop IT roadmaps which aligns business vision and IT capability catalogue. Act as a leader to technology delivery teams such as build, testing, infrastructure architecture, shared services and systems support.
- Ensure solutions adhere to firm’s architecture standards with special focus on moving towards building shared and reusable components. Ensure Assessment of Options, Architectural Blue Prints and other governance artifacts are in line with firm’s SDLC requirements.
- Act as a bridge between Business Owners, Dev Leads Managers and Shared Services Platform Owner to ensure that business expectations and technical delivery are meeting each other’s expectation.
- Championed the efforts to design, deploy and support the Deposit Operations (Day 1 and Day 2) from an IBM mainframe-based system to smaller and cheaper Blade servers, achieving savings of $2MM annually; faster speed servers provided ability to run the process twice a day achieving higher efficiency.
- Led the architecture and design to consolidate multiple deployments of Branch Deposit and transaction database spread across various geographical regions into a single data warehouse system. This consolidation to a single platform enabled a centralized fraud reporting platform that allowed real-time enterprise views for senior management by reducing data redundancy and enhancing efficiency.
- Lead and manage a team of IT architects and Software Engineers to deliver highly visible, mission critical enterprise wide programs.
- Regularly interface with business and IT stakeholders and plan, prioritize and establish scope, budgets, and timelines.
- Responsibilities include team development, Architectural portfolio management of projects, customer support, adherence to corporate standards and management of budget and resources.
- Build consensus across leadership towers on the new initiative for mission critical IT projects. Use analytical skills and learning abilities to align technology and business.
- Created and implemented a solution for high visibility, Confidential 100 clients in the Global Commercial Bank Web based liquidity management system which managed $100B+in transactions monthly with a $6MM project budget and 5,500 project hours, integrated the client’s IT system with the GCB application
- Pricing direct provides Independent Market Insight, End-of-the day NAV to other insititutional advisors in accordance with Confidential ’s requirements for valuation of financial securities and other non-equity instruments
Director, Distributed Systems Architecture
- Championed the efforts to design, deploy and support the Financial Management System (FMS) from an IBM mainframe-based system to smaller and cheaper Sun blade servers, achieving savings of $2MM annually; faster speed servers provided ability to run the process daily instead of weekly.
- Led the architecture and design to consolidate multiple deployments of HR and compensation database spread across various agencies into a single data warehouse system. This consolidation to a single platform enabled a centralized reporting platform that allowed real-time enterprise views for senior management by reducing data redundancy and enhancing efficiency.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Led migration of the Risk Calculator from an SGI platform to an Open Source platform, achieving savings of $4MM annually and doubling the computation throughput.
- Designed and implemented the Market Risk Calculator’s contingency site Confidential Delaware Data Center. Planned and executed dress rehearsals for business continuity.
- Enhanced production and disaster resiliency by upgrading the platform to the latest technologies for data replication in real time reflecting less than 3 seconds of data loss in case of a disaster to meet a critical recovery point objective.
- The application failed over to contingency site with zero data loss when data center Confidential 60 Confidential data centers were shut down as a result of 9/11 terrorist attack.