- Linux System Administrator with over 5 years of experience. I am currently certified as a Red Hat System Administrator (RHCSA).
- I have great hands - on experience in building servers on VMware environment and managing servers(RHEL 6 /7, Centos 6/7, Windows server 2012,2016, promoting a standard Windows server to a Domain Controller, setup Active Directory, configured and join windows NOS systems to a domain controller.
- I am Proficient in maintaining and optimizing mission critical deployments/infrastructure performance and synchronization across multiple platforms while ensuring clear communications with senior engineers, project managers and third-party vendors.
- Centos 6x/7x/8x; RHEL 6x/7x/8x; RedHat Satellite Server
- VMWare ESXi 5x/6x;Oracle Virtual Box; Windows XP/7/8/10 Professional;
- JBOSS; Windows Server 2008& 2012 R2, 2016
- Bash, Bourne, Korn shells, and PowerShell
- SAN, NAS, LV, BackupExec, NetApp
- TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, HTTP, SSH, AD
- SSH, Sudo, RBAC, SELinux, Firewall, SSL, Nagios
- MySQL, MariaDB
- VMware, VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual Box, KVM, Bash Shell Script
- Account Management, LVM, SVM, SCP, SFTP, FTP; WINSCP, TCP/IP, DNS
- DHCP, HTTP, SSH, Sudo, NFS, ZFS,CIFS, Samba, Remedy, ServiceNow
- Remote Desktop Connection. Tectia SSH, Tectia Secure Transfer, Cisco AnyConnect
Linux Systems Administrator
- Install, configure and maintain server operating systems, including RHEL 6/7, CENTOS 6/7, Windows server 2012R2, 2016.
- Retrieved, troubleshoot and fixed high priority tickets to keep systems up and running and minimize downtime.
- Perform Systems Hardening to meet compliance requirement with DoD Stigs, including Systems hardening: hardening systems to prevent unauthorized access. Encrypt the Grub so that any intruder with physical access to the Server console will not be able to edit the Kernel parameters or access the system in Single User mode. Disable Terminal root access in Linux servers; setup SElinux to enforcing mode, configured solid password policy, password complexity and aging rules.
- Perform log management on Linux, and Windows servers, including processes, crash and swap management, and performance tuning.
- Assists in developing recommendations for improvements and the development of technical standards
- Provides support to investigate and resolve problems, inefficiencies, which will require shift work or after hours call in to meet customer SLAs
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and Networking services including DNS, DHCP, Samba, NFS
- Configured DNS (Domain Name System) in windows and Linux/Unix systems.
- Monitoring system resources and perform users management.
- Patch systems to increase OS performance and fix security vulnerabilities issues. Patch Linux systems using the yum tool.
- Creating documentation resources to aid in future troubleshooting issues, to interact with users and business partners to design solutions for current and future business problems.
- Participate in daily scrum to improve system performance, and automation capabilities.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop strategies for effective use of disaster recovery, and business continuity.
- Working with Dev team, making modifications on the code using Git to clone, add, commit and push codes from local and master branches to central repositories.
- Create new Ansible YAML Play-books, and bash shell scripts to automate systems patching, performance monitoring.
- Collaborate with Development and Production teams to ensure smooth running of the pipeline.
- Deploy snapshots of application codes to Dev and SIT/QA environments using Ansible playbooks.
- Research emerging technologies and make recommendations based on future business needs.
Linux Systems Administration
- Primary responsibility for setup, installation, integration, monitoring, documentation, and maintenance of all Linux-based systems in a centralized Vmware environment.
- Installed and Configured LDAP for identity management, LAMP Server for web development.
- Users Management in Linux/Unix: Created and managed user accounts in Linux, created groups and added users to groups, configured password policy, password complexity and aging rules.
- Configured files ACL (Access Control List): Regulated access to system resources by configuring ACL permissions in Linux/Unix, give and restrict users’ access to resources.
- Backup experience: Performed full backup and incremental backups using tools such as Tar or CPIO.
- Volume Management: configured Logical volume manager (LVM) in Linux and SVM volume manager in Solaris to optimize file system.
- Automating tasks using the Cron job tool to run bash shell scripts for patching systems, application deployment. In windows, mapping Network drives using the netuse command to automatically map users to drives at login.
- Work closely with team members on integration of Linux systems into a MS Windows Active Directory environment.
- Work with Windows System Administrator on centralized system administration responsibilities, including support of MS Windows servers and Active Directory services.
- Responsible for providing help desk support and troubleshooting issues.
- Troubleshoot and fix problems associated with software and hardware, operating system recovery, fixed OS blue screen of death in windows 10.
- Hardening systems, remove malware, download and install patches, install Malware byte security, increase the performance of systems by uninstalling junk files.
- Provide support to users as needed, setup computers workstation.
- Follow maintenance protocols to ensure systems are secure and ready for users.
- Self-starter, dedicated to learn new skills and advance my career as an IT professional.