Application Servers: Jboss EAP, Apache - Tomcat, Active MQ
Platforms: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7, Ubuntu-x86 64 platforms
Cloud Computing: Amazon web services. (AWS) and Azure
Languages: Bash/shell scripting
Other Techs.: Atlassian Tools, TCP/IP, SMTP, NFS, FTP, Nagios, BMC Remedy, LVM
Confidential, Greenbelt, MD
- Supports migration of multiple applications including installation, configuration and deployment as required
- Create Terraform Template that provision AWS cloud infrastructure/services
- Automate applications deployments to webservers such as tomcat and Jboss
- Create and update reusable Terraform module across environment
- Used Packer to used AWS amazon machine image (AMI)
- Support Python, R and SAS installation and configuration
- Support DevOps onboarding for different applications
- Write Jenkins pipeline script that run Ansible playbook, and Terraform template
- Automate different stages of cloud setup such Cloud VPC setups and EC2 instances provisioning using tools like CloudFormation and Ansible
- Installed and supported Jfrog Artifactory HA Application
- Create Jenkins files (Pipeline script) for Apps deployments
- Setting up AppDynamics and using it to monitor EC2 resources
- Automate all kinds of application tasks that are repeatable
- Write ansible playbook using ansible modules, roles, variables and galaxy
- Integrating various applications and middleware to MySQL and Oracle databases
- Installation and configuration of MySQL, Postgress, and integration with other Applications
- Create project and template in Ansible Tower that runs and checks playbook in version control
- Uses Ansible tower and Github to manage CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with Web Application Servers, like Apache Tomcat, Jboss, and ActiveMQ
- Hands on experience administering continuous integration, delivery CI/CD and build automation tools GitHub, Jenkins
- Comfortable in writing ansible playbook
- Development build and automation using Ansible
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Create ansible playbooks for infrastructure and application
- Use ansible to Start and Stop relevant services, deploy and update applications/packages
- Extended experience with AWS cloud Engineering and Administration .
- Extensive knowledge in migrating application from on-premise hosting to AWS Web Services.
- Configured, maintained and upgraded Atlassian JIRA/Confluence/Crowd/Bamboo/HipChat
- Worked with customers to design and configure the Jira and Confluence applications (e.g. projects, workflows, screens, fields, permissions, plug-ins and confluence spaces).
- Installed and maintained Jira, Bamboo, Crowd and Confluence systems in a Linux environment.
- Installed and maintained MySQL databases used by Jira, Bamboo, Crowd and Confluence.
- Responsible for bug tracking, issue tracking and project management tool.
- Supported, compiled and, troubleshoot Atlassian tools.
- Using Amazon S3-bucket to solve problems of storage in Linux Ec2-instance using S3fs to mount s3 in Linux ec2-instance installed, configure and used Tenable Nessus scanner.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, AutoScaling, CloudFront, CloudFormation, ElasticCache, CloudWatch, Subnets, Routing tables, Internet gateways, SNS, DynamoDB, AWS Import/Export and VPC peering
- Supported migration project of Red Hat Servers to the Elastic Cloud. Autoscale to spin over 50 EC2 instances when some are down to create high availability
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS.
- Created Highly Available Environments using Auto-Scaling, Load Balancers, and SQS.
- Assigned and managed roles for users and groups by defining policies via Identity and Access Management.
- Expertise in migrating key systems from on-premise hosting to AWS Web Services.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks and Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface.
- Jira and confluence administration (Atlassian Administration)
- Atlassian product installation; Jira software, confluence, Crowd, Bitbucket installations and configuration.
- A perfect knowledge of deploying application with Jboss EAP
- Support Application using Jboss EAP 6/7
- Install and troubleshoot Jboss EAP 6/7
- Develop concise, detailed documentation for new and existing environments
- Excellent knowledge of Client/Server architecture, OSI layers, TCP/IP networks.
- Good Knowledge of using different protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, and HTTPS
- Create AMI images of critical EC2 instances as backup.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 auto scaling groups.
- Utilize EBS to store persistent data and mitigate failure by using snapshots.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Jenkins and Jenkins plugins installations/configuration for deployment and automations.