- Over 7+years of experience as a Build and Release Engineer with DevOps Methodologies as primary focus on CI (Continuous Integration), CD (Continuous Delivery), Pipeline, Build and Deploy automation.
- Very good understanding of DevOps concepts and a critical thinker of its different application areas.
- Good experience in Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Packaging Quality Control, Source Code repository & Environment management.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management ( SCM ) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Develop, enhance and maintain the build, deployment and configurations for continuous integration and automate regression and acceptance testing.
- Automate the Build and deploy of all internal Java & .Net environments using various continuous integration tools and scripting languages (Python, Shell, Powershell).
- Build clouds with AWS, AZURE and Rackspace.
- Experience with Build Management tools like Ant and Maven along with ability to create, debug, diagnose and troubleshoot build scripts.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Experience in Linux/Unix environment ( RHEL, CentOS , and Solaris ).
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins , Hudson, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet and Sonatype Nexus .
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, GITHub, Subversion (SVN), TFS Microsoft Visual Studio and Perforce.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Datadog , Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Logstash.
- Database ORACLE 10g/11g, MS-SQL SERVER, MS ACCESS, Amazon Redshift
- Experience In designing, Architecting and Implementing scalable cloud-based web applications using AWS and GCP.
- Experience in Issue Tracking tools JIRA, Remedy, Service Now and HP Quality Center
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby and XML .
- Expertise in Enterprise repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc.
- Maintained local team repositories and Organization's central repositories for Maven .
- Supported Deployments into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with multiple Application server technologies like WebLogic, Jboss& Apache Tomcat .
- Experience with Server Automation and Configuration Management Tools like Puppet, Ansible, and Chef.
- Building and maintaining systems in Windows Azure for development and production systems. This applies to standard VMs as well as other Azure services.
- Develop and configure of Continuous Integration (CI) scripts for releases and Enhancing/Maintaining to suite the request from teams across the organization.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef and Jenkins.
- Worked on Java and .net applications by automating their build from end to end, even by integrating test tools like SonarQube and Visual Studio using Jenkins .
- Expertise in trouble shooting the problems generated while building, deploying and also in production support.
- Experienced in supporting database systems including Oracle, MySQL on Linux/Unix , and Windows environment.
- Experience in writing shell scripts to automate the administrative tasks and management using cron and at.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
Redhat: 5/6/7, Ubuntu 14/16, CentOS 5/6/7, Sun Solaris 10/11.2, HP-UX 11i V2, IBM-AIX V7.1, Debian 6.0.
Configuration Management: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Kickstart
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
Content Management: Adobe CQ5, Adobe AEM 6.4.x
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Services
CI/CD Tools: CloudbeesJenkins, Bamboo
Scripting Languages: Shell, Python, Perl, YAML, RUBY, JAVA
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, AWS CloudWatch, AppDynamics, Elastic search, Log stash, Kibana, New Relic, Pager Duty
Source Code Management: Subversion, GIT, GitLab, SVN, Bitbucket, TFS
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Security Tools: Nessus, Fortify, Vera code
DevOps Tools: Docker, Jira, Bugzilla, helm charts, Kubernetes, Terraform
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, Oracle, Application Server, Nginx
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Senior DevOps Engineer
- As a DevOps Engineer, I am responsible for design, build, monitor, and enhance services and production environment.
- Developed and implemented an Agile SDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management ( SCM ) infrastructure.
- Installed, Configured, administered, monitored Azure, IAAS and PAAS, Azure AD.
- Designed, automated, containerized cloud application platform solutions, with a focus on application concerns, including cloud ready, distributed application architectures, migrating workloads to containers, containerized, development workflows, and integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration CI and continuous delivery CD pipelines.
- Learn new technologies quickly, including topics like container orchestration, container registries, container build strategies, and micro-services on container platforms
- Expert level experience writing scripts for automation and advised other teams on Kubernetes best practices.
- Migration of the Source Code from Apache Subversion (SVN) to GIT HUB , and the migration from GIT Hub to BIT Bucket .
- Configured deployment agents to deploy from VSTS to Azure.
- Worked on google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- Setup GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's Instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically Improving user experience and latency.
- Worked on source controller tools like GIT, GITHub, Subversion (SVN), TFS Microsoft Visual Studio VSTS.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managedKubernetes manifest files and Managedreleases of Helm packages.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Managed OpenShift command line tools.
- Involved In developing the Azure Solution and services like Iaas and Paas.
- Set up Containerized SAAS, Docker Incentive Pusher for Bench-mark among among hypervisor-less Docker, and hypervisions with KVM, Xen, ESXI & Hyper-V.
- In OpenShift, Configured Kubernetes containerized applications across a set of containers or hosts and provides mechanisms for deployment, maintenance, and application-scaling. Docker packages, instantiates, and runs containerized applications.
- Documented process documents for Jenkins, Bit-bucket, CD Pipeline and Code deployment guide for Developers, Testers and Production Management.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS , Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Configured Docker and OpenShift to manage micro services for development and testing
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Finally reach continuous delivery and Build clouds with AWS.
- Design and developed business logic using C# and VB.NET.
- Implement CI using Cruise Control .NET and evaluate TFS 2010 for migrating from existing version control system.
- On the other hand, also achieved building of .NET application by integrating Visual Studio with Jenkins.
- Management and design of integrated build pipelines using continuous integration and continuous development workflows such as Jira , GIT, Jenkins and Chef .
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline .Implemented scheduled downtime for non-prod servers for optimizing AWS pricing.
- Configured monitoring of AWS Instances regularly using Ops view and New Relic tools.
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Setup Alerting and monitoring using stackdriverIn GCP.
- Created Chef manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef recipes, Chef files for managing the configurations across various nodes using RUBY.
- Involved in Automation of regular administration tasks with the Shell Scripting and Configuration management tool such as CHEF.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef client nodes for provisioning; Created roles, cookbooks, recipes, and data bags for server configuration, Deployment and app stack build outs.
- Automated the monitoring, Configuration Management, Log Aggregation of the Systems and Centralizing SIEM with AWS Cloud Formation, Chef, Nagios and Elastic Search .
- Working on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry ( Artifactory ) .
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories , views, and the access control strategies
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, MySQL and custom tools developed in Python and Bash.
- Used a micro service architecture, with Spring Boot -based services interacting through a combination of REST and MQ and leveraging AWS to build, test and deploy Identity microservises.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Setup a centralized login mechanism (ELK with Filebeat) based on Docker.
- Deployed the built Docker image on Mesos using Marathon. Using a multi-container setup deployed on Mesos.
- Integrated Maven with Subversion to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/Maven files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Involved in migration of Bamboo server , Art factory& GIT server.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Extensively used Maven tool to do the builds, integrated Maven to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Created analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets.
- Involved in checking the quality of the code by using SonarQube.
- Used configuration management tools Chef and CF Engine.
- Analyzed and gathered user requirements using Rally and assigned velocity points for iterations.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Created deployment workflows in Nolio, which includes pre release, release and Post release steps.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Management of Red Hat LINUX user accounts, groups, directories, file permissions and Sudo rules.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained, APACHE, TOMCAT and JBOSS servers in Red Hat LINUX environment.
- Experience in Configuring and deploying to Application servers Web Logic and Web Sphere.
- Hands on Experience on Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL, NO SQL , Cassandra and SQL Server.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Configuring, maintaining network and troubleshooting such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, NFS, Web, Mail, FTP and SNMP.
- Involved in 24/7 support for production environments.
Environment: Unix/Linux, AWS, Jenkins, Chef, AWS, C#, .NET, Ruby Scripting, Python, Cmake, Shell Scripting, Subversion, Serena, SonarQube, Maven, Ansible, Perforce, Jira, Bamboo, Nolio, TFS, Docker, VMware, Splunk, GIT, Web Logic, J2EE, Web sphere, Apace, Tomcat, JBoss, Network Protocols LDAP, DNS, NIS, NFS, Cassandra and SQL Server.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Site Reliability Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Created a tool (in golang) that allowed secure bootstrapping of systems from s3. This meant we were able to keep secrets out of plaintext repositories and into s3 buckets protected by IAM / bucket policies.
- Developed an osquery table extension that allowed the collection of AWS tags through the use of a role. This allowed our AWS tags to be ingested into our security event system.
- Configured and used Actimize for the workflow and validations.
- Managed the Actimize RCM to configure queries and user permissions.
- Developed multiple bots using AWS lambda functions with API gateways for various different functions
- Developed processes and procedures for off-boarding users. Often was responsible for off-boarding employees with production access.
- Used JSON schema to define table and column mapping from S3 data to Redshift.
- Wrote scripts and Indexing strategy for a migration to Confidential Redshift from SQL Server and MYSQL database.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Git repositories, views, and the access control strategies and Managed Git repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion ( SVN ).
- Managing the code migration from TFS and CVS to Subversion repository.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Expertise in working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, managed and upgraded Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Involved in headmost Automation Deployment Team by working with Puppet . Created snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Hands on Experience in maintaining Puppet modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Utilized Puppet to oversee Wed Applications, Configure Files, Data Base, Commands, User Mount Points, and Packages.
- Integrated Puppet with Active directory to maintain users.
- Followed agile principles and used JIRA for maintenance and Bug development tasks.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA ,GitHub.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT and production according to the build life cycle.
- Written make, Maven and Ant build tools for application layer modules.
- Worked on other Visual Studio Team System tools during the build process, including version control, work item tracking and Build tracking.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Build a CI/CD pipeline to automate the process using the python and Bash script.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Tomcat web application servers.
- Configured and worked on static code coverage tool like SonarQube .
- Configured TFS builds with continuous integration and build notifications.
- Implementation of TFS and Visual Studio integration along with Microsoft Test Manager.
- Configured users and permissions for TFS , SharePoint portals and Source Control Explorer folders.
- Developed custom solutions in C# and PowerShell to validate availability, consistency, and compliance of environments.
- Reviewed reports from QA team and other reports from automated tools like SonarQube .
- Build automated set up for cluster monitoring and issue escalation process.
- Backup and recover an Azure Virtual Machines from a Recovery Services vault.
- Worked on Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications, Docker swarm to host cluster and container scheduling, Docker compose to define multiple container applications.
- Developed Python and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Jenkins CI Automation.
- Experience working with SonarQube a code quality control tool .
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Managed CI/CD model from VSTS to Azure App service.
- Jenkins used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Created cookbooks and recipes in Chef for continuous deployment.
- JIRA is used as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, MS Azure, CHEF, TC Server, Tomcat, Python Scripts, Shell Scripts, Ansible, XML, UNIX, SonarQube, Windows 7, Oracle, JIRA.
Confidential, Addison, TX
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedure. Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion ( SVN ) source control.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN .
- Working with various Devops tools such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins .
- Automate deployment process using configuration management tool Puppet .
- Worked on Ruby to write GIT applications.
- Worked on Nagios for monitoring the systems.
- Created automation tool using Anthill Pro of daily weekly quarterly admin activities, build, patch and package tasks using Anthill Pro .
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Performed application server builds in EC2 environment and monitoring them using cloud watch.
- Utilized CVS and ClearCase for maintaining build andrelease strategies.
- Extensively used ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Setup GCP Firewall rules to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's Instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN to deliver content from GCP cache locations drastically Improving user experience and latency.
- Deployed Java applications into web application servers like JBoss.
- Used Docker Container to package the applications and deploy them on the web logic server.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data base, Commands, Users Mount Points,Packages.
- Involved In migrating the existing Oracle packages and Stored Procedures to the Amazon Redshift database.
- Effectively communicate the differences between Azure and on-site technologies and the benefits of each type of deployment.
- Designing and Implementing Cloud Orchestration Solution Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure and AWS EC2.
- Experience in building and deploying Java & SOA applications and troubleshooting the build and deploy failures.
- Worked on system configurations in SALT -STACK environment.
- Utilized Apache Kafka to capture and process real time and near-real time streaming data.
- Effectively communicate how Azure and on site technologies can work together.
- Used JIRA custom workflows to track issues and Jboss app server to deploy the application.
- Implemented a continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS .
- Linking Development, QA, Engineering, and Operations more closely to user experiences through APM, operational insights,continuous feedback to CD & CI.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Installation, configuration and administration of VMware and automation of jobs through crontab and autosys.
- Responsible for defining Branching & Merging strategy, check-in policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Check-ins, defining backup and archival plans.
- Troubleshoot Build and Deployment issues, with little downtime.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with Product Development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
Environment: RHEL, Java, WebLogic, Artifactory, JIRA, Nexus, uDeploy, Team city, Windows Server 2005/2008, SonarQube, ELK stack, Docker, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, GITHUB, Chef, Shell, Python, Ruby.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Linux System Engineer
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Used Ant scripts and Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Developed UNIX and Perl Scripts for the purpose of manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Managed and reviewed Kafka logging and transitioned application from MSSSQL-based logging
- Synthesized Apache Storm and Apcehkafka to gather logging information and deliver data to HDFS
- Automated the process of deployment to Apache Tomcat Application Servers by developing Perl Scripts.
- Deployed the static content into the web servers like Tomcat, IPlanet , and IBM HTTP Server .
- Used SOAP UI and REST to test request/response of the web service functionality, also verified using assertions.
- Creating Automated build process by using Jenkins CI tool and Cruise Control .
- Used Perforce for the purpose of Software Configuration management and maintaining the versions of the Symantec’s Website Code.
- Used Maven and Gradle as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Deployed the Java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers .
- Executed the planning of product software releases.
- Performed clean builds according to scheduled releases.
- Design and document CI/CD tools configuration management.
- Involved in Administrator Activities.
- Performed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Production Environment.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.