Certified IT professional with 10+ years’ experience of design, deploy, troubleshoot and optimize enterprise network, Collaboration/Voice and Data Center. Seeking a Senior Network / UC/Data Center engineer position.
- 10+ years’ experience as a R&S/Collaboration/Voice /Data Center/Cloud computing Engineer in large enterprise environments, 8+ years’ experience on Cisco Data Center /SDN/ACI/NSX integration with OpenStack, VMware virtualization and SAN storage infrastructure. 6+ years’ Collaboration/Voice/Video testing experience.
- Double CCIE#15107 (Routing & Switching, Data Center)
- Design, implement and troubleshoot Cisco Data Center solution, UCS platform infrastructure Integration WebEx cloud and Cisco Collaboration/Voice solution, VMware,Hyper - V, VCE, HyperFlex and enterprise class (EMC/NetApp) SAN storage. Backup and replication solutions (Veeam, Commvault).
- Design, configure and troubleshoot BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP for enterprise LAN/SDWAN/WLAN network.
- Configure testing and troubleshoot Collaboration/Voice solution including CUCM/CUBE/Expressway C&E,Voice GW.
- Great experience in Microsoft Active directory, Exchange. Linux/UNIX. Familiar with Python/Java Script and puppet tool.
Cisco platform: Nexus 9k/7k/5k/2k/Cat 6500/6800/4900/3700 Cisco IOS/NX-OS based router and switch product family ASR1006, ISR3900/3800 etc... Cisco Data Center load balancer ACE/NetScaler, ASA firewall. Cisco UCS (Unified Computing System),HyperFlex. WLAN controller, SolarWinds/Nagios monitoring tool.
Routing & Switching protocols: TCP/IP, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, Multicast, MPLS, LAN Switching, Trunking, Spanning Tree, SDWAN, DMVPN.
SAN storage protocols: EMC/NetApp FC, FCoE, iSCSi, NFS.
IP Telephony protocols: VoIP, SIP/H.323, SCCP, MGCP, Cisco CallManager, CME, CUBE/Expressway, Voice Gateways, Gatekeeper, IP Phones. MeetingPlace, MPE, WebEx, Unity.
Virtualization platform: VMware, Hyper-V,Citrix and Redhat Openstack.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer/Architect
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Lead technical projects to design, develop, test, deploy and support a Cisco Virtual Cloud engineering infrastructure across 5 global and 3 domestic data center sites.
- Centered on Cisco Nexus 9K/7K/5K/2K/1K including Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect 6248UP/6140XP, Cat 6500/6800/4900/3700 , ASR1006, ISR3900/3800, ASA1000v, ACE/Citrix Netscaler MPX/SDX 11520 load balancer.
- Participate in VMware ESXi 5, 6 deployment and vCenter server configuration.
- Interface with EMC and NetApp reference the best practice solutions to meet internal engineering project requirements.
- Integrate and configure SAN storage with Nexus to archive optimal performance.
- Configure testing and troubleshoot Collaboration/Voice solution including WebEx/Jabber/CUCM/CUBE/Expressway C&E,Voice GW
- Lead 3 China sites’ network migration projects, including OSPF/BGP re-design, MPLS planning and implementation.
- Coordinate the engineering OpenStack infrastructure design and deployment.
- Deploy RHT OpenStack in SDN/ACI and non-SDN environment.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
- Designed, implemented and troubleshoot Data Center testing environment for QA teams, that was based on Cisco Nexus 7K, including Nexus 5K, 2K, VMware and EMC/NetApp SAN Storages.
- Participated as technical project lead for Software QA of IP Communication Voice/Video Collaboration products.
- Designed test strategies and test plans, based on Product Requirements Documents, software functional specifications, and understanding of our major customers deployment needs.
- Regularly assess progress and prepare test status report for management.
- Supported the technical marketing, system architects, and development engineering teams in refining requirements, and debugging issues.
- Lead cross-platform test efforts of software and hardware release.
- Designed products’ regression test strategies to ensure sufficient negative test coverage.
- Defined comprehensive test strategy based on evolving and changing product specifications.
- Interface with internal and external cross functional engineers to understand customer problems and requirements in provide technical support of the products.
- Participated in Cisco VoIP conferencing products (MeetingPlace, MPE. IP Phone, Call Manager, CIPC, CUVA) video feature and regression testing.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
Customer Support Engineer
- Provided second level (Escalation) customer and TAC support for Voice products including Cisco MeetingPlace, MeetingPlace Express, Cisco Unity and Unity Connection.
- Designed, installed and troubleshoot Voice related products in lab environment to re-produce customer problems and determine possible solutions.
- Worked on complex problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors involve network and application behaviors
- Troubleshoot complex customer environments to quickly resolve critical outages.
- Developed expertise in specific technology / product areas. Transfer this skill in order to mentor colleagues and/or customers via presentations or documentation (technical tips, etc...)
- Provide guidance leadership to less experienced engineers
Network Consulting Engineer
Confidential, Concord , CA
- Worked on client projects (SharperImage, San Francisco), designed and implemented secure, scalable and high available solutions in LAN, MAN, and WAN environments. Job duty includes solution design and review, configuration, test and troubleshooting of Cisco routers and switches, Cisco PIX/FWSM, Netscreen Firewall, VPN, Cisco Secure ACS, and Cisco IDS. VoIP/QoS support on Cisco switches. Client communication, project implementation and documentation.
- Worked on NetApp project for network OSPF/BGP improvement and planning and implement MPLS.
- Worked as a network engineer for Confidential optical department on the corporate core network.
- Provided network support for development labs users.
- Installed, configured and troubleshoot Passport 8000/Baystack 450, Cisco 2600/7200, 2900/5000/6500 routers and switches.
- Manage and assign IP/MAC addresses/subnets/VLANs.
- Monitor and troubleshoot network problems through HP-Openview and CiscoWorks.
- Collaborate with customers, field engineers to resolve P1network issues.