Recognized for solving problems and reducing debugging time for software developers by leveraging extensive background with full software development lifecycle. Skilled at coordinating and managing partnered resources to successfully drive the project though all test and development milestones.Expert in writing comprehensive test plans, designing procedures, system and integration tests. Develop strong client relationships using excellent interpersonal communication skills. Coordinate and manage partnered resources to successfully drive the project though all test and development milestones.
Languages: Assembler, Clist, REXX
Platforms: IBM z13/z9, 209,9672 R25 - R55, ES9000, 30XX, 43XX, 370/360 series, PR/SM, z/OS, MVS/SP/XA/ESA, SYSPLEX, MONPLEX
Applications: JES2/3, SMP/E, VTAM, WLM, HCD, IOCD, RMF, RMM, TSO/ISPF/PDF, ICF, VSAM, JCL, ACL, CLIST, TMONMVS, SDSF, ACF/NCP, TCP/IP, OS/UTILITIES, CA-Unicenter products, RACF, File-Aid, DFSMS, ISV products, DFHSM, VANGUARD, HEALTH CHECKER, TRACKER, FDR,UNIX, Windows 7/10, PC diagnostics, performance, networking, hardware & software upgrades, Outlook, Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, SCCM and Active Directory
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
z/OS Systems Programmer
- Provided support for z/OS Sysplex operating systems at the Social Security Administration in several areas; from vendor products, dasd clean-up, parmlib updates, systems alerts, suggestions and recommendation to system components; direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, implementation and testing of releases and upgrades.
- Primary supported for assigned ISV products.
- Diagnosed z/OS platform systems and products issues and follow up with root cause analysis.
- Analyzed performance issues.
- Supported technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams.
Confidential, Gary, IN
- Provided computer and software repair / upgrade assessments for clients with desktops and laptops.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office 2010, Windows 10/7, PC hardware, Printer configuration.
- General understanding of area networking.
- Arranged with the roll-out of Windows 10 project for Confidential .
- Deployed Deskside Support for disaster relief project.
Confidential, Ithaca, NY
Lead Computer Technician
- Provided computer repair assessments for clients with desktops and laptops within Tompkins County.
- Managed and complete all computer repair projects assigned by the Head of IT.
- Supervised computer technicians within the lab at Southside.
- Directed the afterschool computer lab programs for youth ages 7 to 14 years.
- Co-Facilitated the Build It and Keep It computer program within the lab.
Confidential, Ithaca, NY
System Programmer / Programmer Analyst
- Customized and created service policies, resource groups and goals under WLM.
- Acted as project leader in system migration.
- Trained NOC staff in using system procedures.
- Managed backup, security and user help systems, ensuring tasks were completed.
- Supported /upgraded systems software by using SMP/e in the z/OS environments, installed new OEM products (ASG-TMON, and Vanguard (RACF), used WLM and Health Checker to monitor the performance. Maintained two z/OS 1.11 LPARS images, one 1.11 was production MVSPROD and test MVSTEST.
- Participated in series of migration of hardware from 9272 R25 to z9 209.
- Upgraded hardware by creating a new IOCP and loading/copy to the new processor thought HMC console.
- Moved data from RAMAC to SHARK. Added Virtual Tape Library (VTL), to take advantage of new technology in the way we backup and restored our volumes and user data sets; the addition DASD and VTL; DFSMSHSM was re-config to expand upon DASD and TAPE utilization. This allowed point and time to backup volumes. The VTL addressed our Disaster Recovery plans, which was documented and tested.
- Upgraded systems software from R2.8 through 1.11.
- Responded to users call to Help Desk for problems.