- 9 years of System Administration and IT experience in multiplatform VMware, Windows with hands - on expertise in networking and system integration.
- Accomplished systems administrator managing server infrastructures and data-center operations across multiple platforms (Windows, VMware).
- Effectively plan, build, install, configure and optimize the IT infrastructure to consistently achieve high availability and performance.
- Extensive experience in design, configuration, implementation, security, troubleshooting, maintenance and documentation of windows servers, hardware products and VMware Product Services.
- Experience in installing and managing production, test and development environments.
- Experience in migrating from development to production environment.
- Experience in performing System Integration/Administration for Microsoft Windows 2003/ 2008/2012/2016/2019 Server,
- Hands on Experience in performing hardware analysis, installation, managing operating systems and end-user software.
- Extensive understanding of networking concepts which includes Configuration of networks, TCP/IP, VPN, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel virtual networking, wireless networks & Cloud computing .
- Administration of Active Directory in Windows 2003/ 2008/2012/2016/2019 environment. Managing Active Directory issues such as: Logon Failures, Account Lockouts, Group Policies, Network Connectivity, DNS and WINS Name Resolution, Authentication Problems, File and Printer Permissions etc.
- Experience in working with systems and network administration running Windows Server with IIS 6/7/8.0
- Experienced in performing network and security audits.
- Experience in patching windows servers 2008/2012/2016/2019 up-to-date.
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting windows servers.
- Experience in recommending, scheduling and performing software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations and purchases.
- Expert in managing the Active Directory forest and domain environments including users and groups.
- Experience in Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery.
- Experienced in managing the server cluster environment including configuration, shares and permissions.
- Hands on Experience on Dell XC740XD, XC940XD, HP BL460c G6/G7/G8 servers & Cisco UCS B230 M2 /B200 M3 blades and C Series.
- Experience in VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization technologies.
- Experience in installing, configuring, monitoring/managing VMware ESX 6.0/6.5/6.7 infrastructure.
- Experienced on VMware View (VDI) Implementation.
- Experience in implementing and managing High Availability (HA) / Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) /clustering environments.
- Experience in creating and managing VM snapshots, data stores.
- Knowledge and experience on Datacenter Virtualization resources like Compute, Network and Storage
- Experienced in managing NAS and SAN storage solutions.
- Experience in evaluating and architecting SAN policies and procedures to help customers improve their existing SAN infrastructure.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance DNS servers, Mail servers, FTP servers
- Developed backup and recovery procedures for recovery from loss and destruction of data.
- Proven skills in developing backup and disaster recovery protocol.
- Excellent team player with good communication and leadership skills.
- Experience in working as a part of a highly cross-functional and global team.
Virtualization Software: VSphere 6.0/5.5/5.1/5.0/4.1/4.0 , VMware ESXi server 5.1/5.0, VCenter 5.1/5.0, V Motion, Storage VMotion, VMware Update Manager, VMware Tools, Vcloud automation,VMware Converter, DRS, HA and FT, Load Balancers, DMZ Environment, VMware vCenter Operations manager, VMware orchestrator, vFabric Hyperic,OVM,OEL, VMware vCenter Chargeback Manager, Cisco UCS Manager 2.1, vCloud Director 5.0, System centre operations manager(SCOM),System center configuration manager(SCCM).
Storage: NAS Filers, VPLEX, SAN, Storage Replication and ISCSI, VMAX, VNX,Hitachi Storage
Operating Systems: Windows - XP, Vista, 7, NT, Server 2000, Server 2003, Server 2008,Server 2012,Server 2012 R2, windows 2016 r2, 2019,Hyper-V
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, VPN, DNS, NTP, WINS, FTP, SSH, WinSCP and Telnet.
Hardware Implementation: Cisco UCS B series, C SERIES, DELL XC740XD, XC940XD, HP ProLiant gen7 /Gen8
Confidential, Irving, TX
Sr. System Engineer
- Worked as a part of a team to migrated 50,000 VDIs from Citrix to VMware horizon including dynamic and persistent machines.
- Troubleshooting and solutioning operation issues in the horizon environment and worked with the engineering team to resolve issues.
- Analyzed exiting citrix environment in terms of application and user profiling based on business sectors and performing the planning and solutioning the challenges of horizon migration.
- As L3 operation administrator, designed the BAU process for horizon operation support to L2 and L1 team, transitioned them from Citrix to Horizon support
- Automated different activity such as health check, quality check for provisioned persistent VMs, spec upgrade, user entitlement etc
- Installation and configuration of connection and composer servers and managing the PODs
- Created and managed linked clone pools for Dynamic and manual pools for persistent VDIs
- Provisioning the persistent horizon VDIs and migrate from Citrix VDI
- Manage the capacity for the dynamic and persistent VDI pool and building it
- Configured event SQL Database, Composer Database for the VDI environment.
- Creating Global Entitlement and associating with pools
- Optimized the Golden win 7 and win 10 Images to the company requested standard.
- Creating master images, updating it, taking snapshot and managing versions of it for linked clone
- Recomposed the dynamic pools with updated master images during change windows
- Opened ticket with VMware vendor and Troubleshoot issues coming in horizon VDI desktops
- Managed Virtual Machines using Virtual center and web access
- Leading the charge for the Datacenter Workload Migration, new Public / Private Cloud Solution using VMware Identity Management Solutions (IDM) technical delivery implementations
- IDM Account creation, management & troubleshooting
- Experience in implementing Single Sign on (SSO) access between two applications using Active Directory Federation Service (ADFS)
- Responsible for scheduling monthly patches on windows servers and coordinating with offshore team to make sure the patches are applied on all servers.
- Experience working with multiple teams to troubleshoot network, application related issues on windows servers.
- Responsible for leading offshore team and coordinating the project with them and serve as POC for any major issues.
- Monitored and resolved customer and system generated incidents in Service Now following service level agreements.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Sr. VMWARE Admin /Windows System Admin
- Hands on experience in building, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining windows 2008/2012/2016 virtual as well as physical servers.
- Hands on experience in building, configuring windows 2008/2012/2016 servers using Hyper-V converged infrastructure.
- Experience in installing SSL s for the web servers, bind the certs to websites as well as load balancers.
- Building, maintaining and configuring cisco b200 m3, m4 blade server, C240 standalone server, HP ProLiant GEN 7, GEN8, DELL XC740XD, XC940XD physical servers.
- Hands on experience in creating computer objects, service accounts, updating passwords to service accounts, unlocking service accounts in active directory.
- Hands on Experience in creating group policy objects and providing permissions based on the requirement in quest tool as well as legacy tool.
- Experience in patching windows servers through WSUS and keep the servers up-to-date on windows 2008/2012/2016.
- Hands on experience in adding space to VM, increasing CPU and MEMORY, adding hard disks to a VM, changing network adapters in the vSphere vCentre 5.0,5,5,6.0,6.5 as well as automation portal.
- Hands on experience in building, configuring Internet (DMZ) based windows servers.
- Hands on experience on monitoring databases in Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCOM).
- Experience in opening soft firewall as well as hard firewall for the application, database ports and verify the connectivity from app to database on windows servers.
- Experience in troubleshooting firewall, network as well as load balancer issues on windows 2008/2012/2016 servers.
- Experience in adding internal DNS to the servers as well as troubleshooting DNS issues on windows servers.
- Hands on experience taking snapshots through vCenter.
- Hands on experience in performing vmotion and storage vmotion on VMS.
- Hands on experience in P2V and V2V migration using VMware converter.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting Citrix receiver issues
- Provided 24*7 oncall support in the production data centre.
- Installed memory modules, HBA’S, raid controllers on cisco b200 M3,B200 M4 cisco blade servers.
- Day to day experience in using service now tool to create and update incidents and tickets.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
VMWARE/Windows System Admin
- Installed and upgraded VMware vSphere ESXi in a total of 1000+ Servers.
- Coordinating with Offshore and responsible for Maintaining, configuring and Supporting VMware Virtual Infrastructure.
- Implemented the datacenter upgradation and maintained virtual environment using VMware and provided technical guidance in Datacenter operations.
- Installing and configuring windows 2003 and windows 2008 server.
- Installing latest support packs releases and hot fixes from Microsoft by using WSUS.
- Installing and configuring Antivirus on all the servers.
- Experience on working with windows clustering which pro0vides single administrative interface and data consistency across all nodes.
- Managed users, groups, and computer accounts for the enterprise network using AD
- Deployed the Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system using a Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK).
- Hands on wide experience in Upgrading Vcenter to including the Vcenter Update Manager (VUM) and configuring the same Version of Vcenters in the linked Mode.
- Troubleshooting the issues related to storage and networking.
- Performed troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP, IIS and Active directory.
- Installing and configuring SQL 2008.
- 24/7 production support.
- Installing and configuring the VMware VSphere and creating clusters for High Availability (HA) and Dynamic Resource Scheduling (DRS).
- Worked extensively on live migrations Using Double Take by taking minimum downtime for P2V and V2V Migrations.
- Configuring and Maintaining active directory, WINS and DNS servers.
- Interacted and coordinated with end users to solve their issues and help them in getting their system working.
- Was responsible for researching, evaluating, testing, recommending, communicating, and implementing new solutions available in the market.
- Scheduling and performing upgrades, patches, reconfigurations of the systems.
- Implementing and managing backup and restore solutions.
- Providing day-to-day onsite support for networked systems, hardware and related infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting the above systems in case of issues.