Multi - faceted Systems Engineer and DevOps Consultant. History of re-working existing systems to improve and modernize. Expertise in infrastructure and platform technologies and specialized in Linux, virtualization, cloud, networking, automation, and most recently in containers and distributed systems.
Senior Cloud Native Field Engineer
- Primary role is to help customers with the adoption of Kubernetes, how to operate cloud native based infrastructures, and how Kubernetes works and how best to use it. This may include running POCs and pilots, crafting solutions, integrating existing systems.
- Work with customers to discover and internalize how their current infrastructure works and what goals they want to achieve with Kubernetes, then design a plan to achieve these goals.
- Customers’ engagements include:
- Installing and optimizing Kubernetes clusters on prems (bare metals or virtual environments) and on public clouds (AWS, GCP a Azure).
- Deploying and automating multi-cluster kubernetes operation using VMware TKG and TKGI/PKS on vSphere 6.7/7 and AWS environments.
- Using CI/DC tooling (Jenkin, git, helm,Terraform,etc.) to intergrate container application builds and improve kubernetes cluster lifecycle management.
Senior Cloud Technical Account Manager
- Helped customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Confidential Hybrid cloud technologies (RH OpenShift, Ansible, CloudForms, etc.,).
- Performed technical reviews and share knowledge to proactively identify customer’s issues.
- Troubleshot technical issues and guided issue escalation with Confidential ’s customer teams.
- Collaborated with Confidential Engineering, Product Ma nagement, and Technical Support teams to debug, test, and resolve issues.
Senior Cloud Consultant
- Implemented and delivered private and hybrid cloud solutions at scale at customers’ site.
- Provided technical guidance and engineering support with a focus on cloud automation, primarily Confidential CloudForms, Ansible and Ansible Tower, and Openshift to customers.
- Worked with customers to design and deploy high availability Confidential CloudForms, orchestrate and manage IAAS Cloud Infrastructures: AWS, GCP, OpenStack, Azure, RHV and vCenter.
- Created/Developed catalogs, Ansible playbooks and Ruby scripts for self-service VM/Instance automation provisioning in Confidential CloudForms for customers.
- Integrated with and containerized CloudForms in OpenShift to help customers monitor OpenShift nodes, pods, services, and container metrics and logs.
Confidential, Chevy chase, MD
Senior Systems/Infrastructure Engineer
- Designed, built and managed 9+ Cisco UCS Domains to support the provisioning of VMware vSphere 5.5/6.5 clusters and bare metal Oracle Linux server infrastructure environments (2500+ Physical and virtual Linux servers).
- Automated scripts using PowerShell, PowerCLI and Cisco UCS Power Tool to cut down ESXi hosts deployment time on Cisco UCS blades.
- Built over 300+ ESXi hosts on Cisco UCS blades to replace existing ESXi hosts on HP blades, migrated 2300+ VMs, phased out and decommissioned HP blades, and significantly reduced server hardware lease extension by 98%.
- Developed Puppet manifests/modules to update legacy build methodologies from using scripts to using configuration management and eliminating configuration drift and manual processes for both Linux Application and Oracle Servers.
- Leveraged Git and Jenkins for CI and for end to end automation for all builds.
- Installed, configured and managed SUSE/RHEL Linux on bare metal servers/VMs including and leveraging SuSe Manager for patching.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Configured and managed Cisco routers, switches, (ASR 100/3900, 1800 router series, and 3750 switch series).
- Designed and implemented VLANs using Cisco Layer 3/2 switches for a campus of 1500+.
- Managed firewall rules, configured/troubleshot Site to Site VPN and GRE tunnels with our clients using Cisco ASA 5500 Platform.
- Installed & configured both Windows server 2k8 and Centos on Dell Rackmount; managed AD and created & managed Group Policy Objects.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Computer Operation Technician
- Managed computers, users, and printers with Active Directory and created Group Policy Objects.
- Imaged, deployed and supported Dell & HP desktop and laptop throughout the campus (1000+ PCs).
- Led a team of three to create a login application for the campus computer labs using Visual Basic and MS Access.
- Provided technical and instructional support to faculty teaching classes and students.