Languages/protocols: C/C++, Java, Android/SDK JSON/REST, Python, Bash, Perl, Verilog, make, ant
Network/Communication protocols: TCP/IP, SPI, I2C,RS232, RS422, GPIB
Microcontrollers: Atmel AVR (mega32) Motorola mc68332 Intel 8552/8051/8031 MicrochipPIC 16C73/16F877 Cirrus ARM, EP9302
Programmable Logic: Spartan2/3 (FPGA), Atmel ATF1504/8 (CPLD)
Operating systems: Linux, Embedded - Linux, UNIX, Android/AndroidX86, Windows RTOS: RTEMS, VxWorks, ROS
Platforms: VME, PC104, Linux/PC, Sun MicroSystems, Android, SGI
Electronics: Microcontroller/embedded system design and development Digital/Analog circuit/system design and development
- Worked on a small team to port a proprietary c++ library, and develop a c++ application for an aviation based embedded linux system.
- Linux sandbox provided REST web services as an application interface.
- Unit tests for automated testing (with GoogleTest), c++
- Test Driven Development employed
- IoT System development tools evaluation for embedded linux sbc devices development work flow sbc target evaluation using linux/windows as a development platform c/c++ programming language eclipse IDE
- Board level repair, of discrete digital, and embedded processor systems, incorporating processors such as i960, 68000, z80, with dynamic code evaluation using a logic analyzer, oscilloscope, etc.
- Developed software tools for diagnostics and system refactoring using Linux host c and assembly language
- Electromechanical repair on various devices such as Juke Box loading/unloading mechanisms
- Ported an existing Engineering app from iOS to Android using the ant build system and REST, JSON, and GoogleMap api's.
- Using a linux development platform java, openGL-ES
- Developed control linux based software and electronics for a diagnostic system used to evaluate an acoustic sampling device.
- Implemented a gpib control framework for remote operation of a Tektronix oscilloscope c programming language
- Tracking Control System (tracking system project)
- Developed both software and hardware for an experimental optical tracking system
- Developed RealTime control software using RTEMS (realtime OS), and embedded C
- Integrated VME components to form the control system hardware
- Developed remote control, and diagnostics system using RPC (remote procedure call) api
- Developed hardware and software to migrate an old ISA based timing/control system to a system using FPGA logic and Linux.
- Implemented a remote link between an embedded Linux pc104 computer and the FPGA timing system using SPI, and a custom command protocol
- Developed hardware, software to migrate an old ISA based timing/control system to a system using FPGA logic and Linux.
- Developed a camera simulator which fully simulated camera protocols and *logical* behavior (used as a stand in for low lifetime intensified camera)
- Incorporated *camera link* interface chip, an FPGA, and an AVR atmega132 microcontroller
- Developed hardware and software to implement a telescope dome controller
- Used network link to get telescope azimuth data to track telescope position
- Adapted an embedded Linux processor for servo loop control and IPC link to the controlling computer
- Supported project by developing a custom digital synthesizer board
- Incorporated the ad9854 direct digital synthesizer ic
- Wrote a Linux device driver to interface to the board and the plx9030 pci io interface ic
- Developed electronics, software, and integrated cots hardware to implement a motion control system for a large Heliostat device.
- Developed an operator GUI using IPC to link with the remote embedded Linux motion control unit
- Specified and integrated pc104 modules to make up the hardware platform servo loop controller