Emphasize over twenty years of continuous and growth that couples a thorough knowledge of micro - computer-based network design and installation with an in-depth understanding of LAN/WAN Design, Scripting, OS Deployment\Upgrades and Data Protection. Most of my professional time was spent migrating and implementing large scale Microsoft and Novell Networks.
- Document migration process to migrating existing VMs to new vSphere 6 Unified Compute environment.
- Install and Maintain Cisco UCS B and C series servers.
- Create and update Monthly Virtual Metrics report to upper Management.
- Document Cisco UCS standard installs and Firmware upgrade procedures.
- Greenfield install of VMware 6.0 and migration of systems to new environment. (HCI).
- Create PowerCLI Scripts, functions and modules to administer very large ESXi and VM environment.
- Utilize VMware’s Site Recovery Manager (SRM) in the execution of Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Team upgraded VMware hosts and vCenter from version 5.1 to 5.5 update 3 for all 5 vCenter environments.
- Worked with a number of IT Groups to perform a datacenter migration.
- Troubleshoot ESXi hosts, VMs, Physical servers to resolve technical issues quickly and efficiently.
- Redesigned VMware View 5.0 VDI solution allowing it to run faster with PCoIP protocol and resolving many of their current desktop issues. (Kubasiak, Fylstra, Thorpe & Rotunno. PC)
- Added all View desktop fixes into current image and performed saved for future updates.
- Upgraded Cisco UCS blade system with new chassis and 2 half height and 1 full height blade. (Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company)
- Upgraded Cisco UCS firmware.
- Performed VMware vSphere upgrade from version 4.1 to 5.1. (Adrian Smith & Gordon Gill Architecture LLC)
- Determine need and responsible for installing and configurations of server\host operating systems.
- Wrote batch and Powershell\VBScripts for computer systems automation and information gathering.
- Review computer systems performance and identify, recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Document server design run books and mentor others with less experience.
- Build Operating system patch deployment schedules to efficiently execute mass patch deployments.
- Responsible for storage configuration and complete understand of SAN storage and tools.
- Participate in the execution of Disaster Recovery exercises and own specific server\host tasks.
- Full understanding of server hardware components, including blades, enclosures and physical servers.
- Change control process utilizing CASD and Remedy change solutions for our customers.
- Worked on team to support VMware\Windows Servers for 13 customers 10,000 servers under management for server hosting storage, data protection and security/compliance.
- Migrated servers using load and ship, P2P, P2V and V2V migrations with PlateSpin and VMware Converter.
- Updated project Run Book with updated steps and procedures to perform P2P, V2V and P2V migrations.
- Updated server checklist to better account for what was performed on the servers and by whom.
- Developed VBScripts to streamline the migration process and reduce configuration errors.
- Troubleshot and resolve all after migration and test migration issues related to Windows environment.
- Performs all Windows Server installs, Patches and upgrades.
- Server consolidation to VMware ESX servers to create a green datacenter.
- Administration for 540 Microsoft Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008 Servers.
- Document Windows server build process for HP and IBM servers.
- Implementing a project to move a Windows 2000 cluster to VMware guests in a Windows 2003 cluster.
- Administrator for 3 Citrix server farms utilizing MetaFrame XP R3, Presentation Server 4.0 and 4.5.
- Develop VBScripts to Document environment and to perform large scale password changes.
- Team project to remediation NT due to cost of support from Microsoft.
- Perform in one weekend 37 HP server builds to migrate the VRU systems Confidential OPC datacenter.
- Install of 26 IBM servers to migrate the VRU system Confidential CHIRR datacenter.
- Created server build documentation for HP, IBM and Dell servers.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Performed an Confidential health check and used dstrace to resolve issues found.
- Migrated to MPLS network with IPsec VPN connection to each remote site.
- Performed Active Directory Cleanup utilizing ADSIEdit, NTDSUTIL & NETDOM.
- Migrated companies from NetWare\GroupWise to Windows 2003\Exchange.
- Implemented WSUS for Server and Workstation Windows Update distribution.
- Designed, Implemented and managed server backup, recovery and offsite retention.
- Implemented Symantec Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam solutions for servers and workstations.
- Developed scripts to perform migrations and new implementations using VBScript and WSH.
- Implemented a three office Asterisk Voice-Over-IP solutions utilizing SIP and IAX2 protocols.
- Implemented a Point of Sales (POS) system for eCommerce company using PCChargePro and Paymentech for the merchant account.
- Migrated customers from a Novell Netware 5.1-6.5 environment to Microsoft 2003 R2 environment.
- Implemented blade servers, switches and routers.
- Migrated Netware 5.1 server to version 6.5 on new Dell PowerEdge servers.
- Install Novell’s Patch Management Server and configured desktop patch management clients.
- Created meta-tree using NetWare 6.5 & DirXML for Web based authentication of employees & partners.
- Implemented iPrint solution to replace Queue based printing
- Installed a remote office of 25 users running NetWare 5.1 SP4, GroupWise 5.5 and ZENworks v4.0
- Merged newly acquired sites Confidential trees (Morristown, TN and Greenfield, IN) into the corporate Confidential tree.
- Upgraded Confidential to version 8.5.
- Installed WebAccess for remote email retrieval using only a browser.
- Upgraded GroupWise to the Enhancement pack version.
- Migrated two sites from cc:Mail to GroupWise v5.5.
- Upgraded and configured ZENworks v2 to v3.2.
- Migrated desktops from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 utilizing ZENworks and Microsoft’s SYSPREP.
- Developed over 100 ZENworks distributed application packages.
- Migrated GroupWise from version 4.1 to GroupWise 5.5 EP with Law School GW in separate tree than the rest of the University but sharing the same address book.
- Installed and configured BorderManager 3.5
- Moved all internet connections (Web-Access e-mail, Web page & GroupWise Internet mail) behind Firewall and setup BorderManager as a proxy server.
- Installed ZENwork and created application packages for distribution to workstations.
- Developed custom applications to help speed the migration of 3000 employees to the new operating system.
- Mayer, Brown & Platt - Travel to 6 sites in the United State and 1 in London with a team of 10 techs to migrate NOS, document management software and documents.
- Designed and setup VPN dial-up solutions using Confidential & Confidential WorldNet Service.
- Tested and documented procedures to migrate from Novell NetWare 3.12 to NetWare 5 and from NetWare 4.11 to NetWare 5.
- Upgraded 8 servers’ hardware to Compaq 2500R and 850R.
- Migrated NetWare 3.12 NOS to NetWare 4.11.
- Installed, configured and trained employees on the use of ManageWise 2.5.
- Installed and documented NT and NetWare backup solutions.
- Reconfigured Domain Controllers, WINS and DNS NT Servers.
- Third level Novell support of 500+ servers.
- Altered Novell’s install scripts to allow the installation of Business application, E-mail and third party utilities during the installation of the NOS.
- Installed new software and Maintain updates to all software that is a part of the server load.
- Part of a team that designed NetWare 4.11 migration process.
- Proposed, designed, installed, and troubleshot Novell networks in a Frame Relay environment for our customer base in North America.
- Diagnosis of system problems, hardware and software procurement, cabling, and configuration of system. Documentation of the installed network.
- Established standards for network use, including naming conventions for the various systems, username, volumes etc.
- Created administrative documentation that outlines duties of the network administrator and gives step by step instruction on performing basic tasks such as creating a new user, redirecting print queues, creating the new users mailbox, etc.
- Documented all basic network policies and procedures.
- Distributed these documents to all network users.
- Modified network and applications according administrators requests.
- Found other productive uses for the network and propose them to clients.
- Trained administrators on how to maintain their LAN and its different components.
- Piloted new software for approval to be used on the network.
- Provided for general hardware and data security.
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Proposed, designed, installed, and troubleshot Novell networks for our customer base throughout the Midwest.
- Diagnosis of system problems, hardware and software procurement, cabling, and configuration of system.
- Documentation of the installed network.
- Established standards for network use, including specific supported applications, a standard user interface and hierarchical user privileges.
- Created administrative documentation that outlines duties of the network administrator and gives step by step instruction on performing basic tasks such as creating a new user, redirecting print queues, etc.
- Instructed users in network and application functions and solve end user issues.
- Documented all basic network policies and procedures