- Around 10 years of extensive IT industry experience with expertise as DevOps Engineer and as Linux System Administrator which includes continuous integration, continuous deployement and Change/Incident Management performing duties such as monitoring, automation, deployment, documenting, and support and troubleshooting in various domains.
- Experience in System Administration on various platforms which includes Redhat Linux, CentOs, Unix,Ubuntu, and VMware.
- Proficient in Installation, Configuration, Support & Maintenance of various RedHatLinuxServers located at Remote Locations. Deployment of Application Software.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Expertise in designing build/configuring Red Hat Enterprise Linuxserver via Kickstart and Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Dexterous in User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands.
- In depth knowledge in Networking and creating bonding between two interfaces.
- Effective usage in Configure Storage, Disk Management, Logical Volume Management (LVM) and logical partitioning, Raid systems and Patching of RHEL6.
- Expertise to handle tasks in Red Hat Linuxincludes upgrading RPMS using YUM, kernel, HBA driver, configure SAN Disks.
- Expert in File system administration, resolving system errors, crashes and file system errors.
- Experienced in implementing Chef, Puppet and Ansible configuration management tools.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of chef - client nodes for provisioning.
- Created roles, recipes, cookbooks and data bags for server configuration.
- Installed, Configured and Managed: Puppet Master/Agent.
- Experience in creating various modules and automation of various facts in Puppet, adding nodes to enterprise Puppet master and managing Puppet agents. Working knowledge of creating Puppet manifests files, and implementing Puppet to convert Infrastructure as code
- Experience to Build and Continuous Integration with like Ant, Maven and Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experience with Version Control Systems like GIT, CVS and SVN (Subversion).
- Implementing new projects builds the framework using Jenkins as build framework tool in Linux environment.
- Good experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools.
- Experience in using VAGRANT machine to run test environments in different platforms.
- Good working on scripting languages like Shell, Python, Ruby to automate system administrative jobs.
- Experience in using Splunk tools used for Monitoring.
- Effective usage of Nexus, Artifactory and Amazon S3 repositories to store the generated binaries.
- Launching and configuring AWS EC2 servers using AMI's and configuring servers for specified applications.
- Designed and implemented solutions with AWS IAM, VPC, EC2, ECS, EBS, RDS, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling, Route 53, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, and SNS etc.
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Expert in Upgrades, installs, configuration and administration security and monitoring tools on Linux.
- Experience with creating and publishing Docker containers
- Expertise in handling Tickets, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and maintenance & On-Call Pager Duty/Support .
- Ability to work closely with teams, in order to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems.
Operating Systems: RHEL 5.x/6.x,7,Ubuntu,Unix,CentOs,Windows
Build Tools: Ant/Maven/Gradle
Configuration management: Ansible/Chef/Puppet
Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Languages: Shell, Perl, Ruby and Python scripting
Web/App Server: Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere
Version Control Systems: Git, Cvs, Subversion
Cloud Platform: AWS
Other Tools: Splunk, Jira, Office 365
Confidential, Boston - MA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- As a Senior DevOps Administrator, responsible for the day to day administration and administration of RHEL 5, 6/ CentOS which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes.
- Implemented Chef to spawn new servers with right configuration.
- Designed and implementedChef, including the internal best practices,cookbooks, automatedcookbookCI and CD system.
- Made use of Jenkins forChefCI and Vagarant Test-Kitchen for testing and development.
- Deployed applications using Jenkins server and Troubleshoot build & release job failures, resolve, work with developers on resolution.
- Wrote Python Scripts to Monitor Variety of Services & Perl Scripts with Hash/Arrays to Insert/Delete/Modify content in multiple servers.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations on Nodes and Test Playbooks using Python.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain as a CI/CD process, SVN/GIT with Devel/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Planned and performed the upgrades on Linux operating systems and hardware maintenance on HP and POWER servers like increasing memory, disk, replacing failed hardware.
- Doing capacity Assessment for new requests of servers i.e., calculating CPU and Memory for new servers according to the current/future Applications running on the system.
- Backing up the instances by taking snapshots of the required (Important) servers .
- Creating auto scaling groups, Load balancing.
- Configured the users accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins.
- Supported Linux engineers in the use of Puppet infrastructure.
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Hudson/Jenkins to deploy, integratetests and display reports.
- Involved in deploying systems on Amazon Web services Infrastructure services EC2, S3, RDS, SQS.
- Worked on AWS, High Availability practices and deploying backup/restore infrastructure.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Designed and implemented the backup strategy for all the critical systems such as build machines, bug tracking tools, central repositories etc.
- Participated in creating Docker container procedure including using of Docker trusted registry leading to container as a service.
- Worked with Development Team Leads and testing teams to establish a build schedule, execute the builds and troubleshoot build failures, if any.
- Environment: Red Hat, GIT, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, SSH, Ansible, Vagrant Shell Scripting, Ruby,Vmware, AWS.
Confidential, Fort Worth - TX
- Configured and maintained Linux virtualization in test and production environment using VMware vSphere Client for Red hat Linux OS installation.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ with Chef Cookbooks.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant to schedule thebuilds.
- Worked on puppet to create manifests and Modules to automate deployments and install rpm’s.
- Installed Puppet client software on RHEL 6.x servers and established a communication between Puppet Master and client through SSL.
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, install shield and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Provided guidance regarding effective infrastructure automation, test automation and integration.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Migrated applications from SVN to GIT repositories.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Used Puppet, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby for automation of repetitive processes done in apache, managed file and directory permissions in the different environments.
- Worked on setting up Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Webservers.
- Created disk groups, volumes, file systems, resizing the volumes and file systems.
- Supported proactive maintenance on systems by timely upgrading Patches to the systems and applications, Scheduling batch jobs and cron jobs.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Perl, Python, Shell, etc.
- Worked with the developers to configure plugins to develop the code.
Environment: Jenkins, Puppet, GIT, Ansible, Unix Shell script, RedHat 6, Cron, Splunk, Chef, Ant, Maven.
Confidential - NY
- As a DevOps Administrator, I perform few daily tasks for creating user accounts, creating groups, adding user to the groups, generating custom policies, assigning to groups and users. Creating new roles which give accesses to the services etc.
- Working experience in using configuration management and automation tools like Puppet/Chef/Ansible for automating configurations and maintaining stability across several hundred machines.
- Managed a CI environment leveraging Jenkins, Ansible, Linux, Windows.
- Taking an active part preceding over Software Configuration Management Meetings by suggesting branching strategies and best practices to promote Parallel development and Agile development practices.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Created bash scripts and cron jobs that observed and described security issues.
- Provided sudo access to privileged users.
- RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management and experience in using puppet.
- Managingsystemsroutine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enablingsystemlogging,network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Virtual Box and VMware virtual machine for Linux servers.
- Analyzing and monitoring systems performance through tools such as top, sar, free, vmstat,iostat, generating ksar reports for analysis.
- Extensive use of Logical Volume Manager (LVM), creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes and disk mirroring in, AIX and Linux.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud Environment.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups
- Maintaining patch updates, security hardening, and software and hardware updates to provide for a stable infrastructure.
- Involved in writing Perl and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Installed, configured and maintained multiple Red Hat Satellite Servers, and custom repositories.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Environment: Jenkins, Puppet, GIT, Ansible, Shell script, windows, Linux, Red Hat, Cron, Splunk, Chef, Vmware, AWS.
Confidential - NY
- Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat EnterpriseLinux(RHEL) servers.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users & groups.
- Upgrading packages and patching systems to maintain the productive environment using rpm and yum.
- Upgraded and maintained software packages on servers using RHEL Satellite and Repository servers.
- Resizing volumes to meet customer requirement, dealing with Volume Manager performance issues.
- Writing Bash scripts for backup and automation.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS) and file servers on Linux servers.
- Periodic checks of production and development systems; CPU utilization, memory profiles, disk utilization, network connectivity, system log files, etc.
- Performed all System Administration tasks like installing packages, and patches.
- Troubleshooting various problems related to VxVM in initializing, replacing, mirroring, encapsulating and removing disk devices on various Production Boxes.
- Handled effectively Issues related to NFS, NIS, and LVM, configuration & maintenance of RAID Levels.
- Managing and troubleshooting user’s login problems.
- Manage and monitor Active Directory services and group policies.
- Involved in development, user acceptance, and performance testing, production & disaster recovery server.
- Add swap space on disks as needed using Linux utilities.
- Experience in Installation of third party tools using packages on Linux and Ubuntu
- Upgraded and maintained software packages on servers using RHEL Satellite and Repository servers.
- Configured resources such as packages, services, files, directories, notifying users and groups, setting up Cron Scheduler.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Git support, implemented, maintained the Branching, Build/Release strategies utilizing Git repositories.
- Log file was managed for troubleshooting and probable errors.
- Debugged network connectivity issues and involved in trouble shooting activities with commands ping, traceroute, tcpdump, nslookup, netstat, Iostat, top.
- Responsible for reviewing all open tickets, resolve and close any existing tickets.
Environment:, RHEL 4.0,5.0, Unix, Git, VMware, Cron, Bash, Apache, Lvm, Nfs.
- Performs daily duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning and troubleshooting.
- VMware configuration, auto mount, installing Solaris/Linux software and patches, NTP, swap space, memory and capacity alerts.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Creating/modifying host-based firewall rules using IPTABLES.
- Ensured precise, consistent and timely communications with the users and management in creating users accounts, updating users profile, password, set file permissions on files.
- Experienced with the installation, configuration and volume/File system management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM).
- Disk Management like adding, deleting, and replacing of hot swappable drives on existing servers, partitioning per requirement, creating new file systems
- Writing scripts in PERL and SHELL to automate the process.
- Installed/configured RAID configurations.
- Backup done with tar, gzip, bzip, star and gunzip utilities
- Creating virtual machines using Xen hypervisor on xen servers, installing Redhat, CentOS using kickstart .
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Installed, configured and administered Apache and Apache Tomcat on Redhat .
- Performed Patching and upgrades (release), on stand-alone servers (using single user mode), and live upgrade of servers in production andLinux using YUM update / RPM manager from repository or RedHat subscription management service (RHSM).
- Work with security team to modifying application users' password policies, group policy, UID and GID assignment policies.
- Performed deployment, ongoing maintenance & configuration of systems for maximum availability, security, performance, and documentation in a Linux based production environment.
- Troubleshoot various systems problems such as application related issues, network related issues, hardware related issues etc.
- Monitoring system and configure to available network through NFS.
- Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
Environment: s: RHEL, RedHat Satellite Server, Apache Tomcat, Kickstart, Xen, RAID, Lvm, Nfs.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes