- More than 20 years in Information Technology Systems Administrator experience. Including 15 years of Sun Solaris Unix, 15 years of Linux and more than 10 years of Windows Systems Administration experience in Sun Solaris, Red Hat, Cent OS and Fedora Linux, Microsoft Windows 2003 & 2008 Servers.
- Managed more than 5000 servers and desktops in both office and data center collocation for staging and production systems in the IT Operations department.
- Automated Unix Jumpstart and Linux KickStart Cobbler, Puppet for installation and configuration process.
- Implemented multiple platforms such as Red Hat, CentOS, Fedora Linux, SuSE, Solaris Unix, and Converted Windows XP, Windows 2003 servers, Red Hat servers to VMware Esxi servers as an instance.
- Organize and optimize tickets or any internal/external customers’ requirement systems as a lead/manager.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as oral and written skills.
Operating Systems: RHEL 4/5, CentOS 5/6, Fedora 10, SuSE 10/11 Linux, Sun Solaris 8, 9 & 10 Unix. Windows 2003 Server Active Directory, XP and Vita Pro, Mac OS X, iMac, VMware Esxi 3.
Hardware Devices: Dell PowerEdge servers 1950, 2950, R300, R900, M950, MD1000. IBM System xSeries, Cisco routers and switches Catalyst series, F5, AX2100 Load Balancers, NetApp Filer View.
Application: MySQL Enterprise, JAVA, JBoss, ANT, F5 Load Balancers, Nagios, VMware, Symantec NetBackup, Ghost, Altiris Clone, Linux Kickstart, Solaris Jumpstart, Cobbler, Puppet, GIT, SVN.
Project Management: Computer Lab or Office Move, Name Address Book and Visual Voice Mail project with Apache and BASH Shell scripting. Proficient using Microsoft Project to manage projects.
Transferable Skills: Communication, ability to work with a diversity of people, ability to plan and organize, time management, analytical problem solving, customer service skills.
Sr. Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
- Administer a small, uniform group of infrastructure components or assists in the administration of a larger system of infrastructure components. Act as a tier one interface to IT/non - IT users, troubleshot/resolved tickets from both OpsJira and Marval also dispatching complex tickets to the appropriate IT Specialists.
- Participate as a project team and deliver infrastructure components according to requirements and timelines.Manage Network users through Active Directory conversion project for PROD/LABS domain.
- Point of contact for Production, Development and Engineering customers. Provide updates and status to management and stakeholders on incidents and application services & Bi-weekly Maintenance activities.
- Perform System & Network Administration activities on AIX, Sun Unix, Redhat Linux systems, Windows.
- Support various web services including Apache, Tomcat, Tomcat Jenkins, WebLogic, and JBOSS.
- Manage AWS/Openstack and install web s (SSL, Client Authentication s).
- Maintain and use tools like Splunk, Keynote, Puppet and Nagios for troubleshooting and reporting.
- Be security conscious in all the system administration, development and tools configuration/management.
- Perform system administration activities such as provisioning and troubleshooting on the following OS platforms: Redhat, CentOs, Ubuntu Linux, Microsoft Windows, IBM AIX and Solaris UNIX.
- Complete and submit daily shift-end reports to peers and management. Complete and submit incident reports on a timely manner. Should track and document all tasks, resolution provided for incidents, issues and work status. Use Perl, Bash, Python shell scripts to modify tools and automate systems admin tasks.
- Perform support and maintenance activities of Production, Pilot, QA, MySQL DB and Dev systems. Manage and document all work through appropriate work management and change control systems.
- Support systems handling credit card data, supporting DoD, SVN, Git version control and confidential & proprietary information such as source code as wells as taking care of Veritas NetBackup weekly.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Sr. Unix/Linux Systems Administrator contractor
- Install, configure and upgrade VMware vSphere Exs/Exsi 4 & 5 servers and Redhat Enterprise Linux servers and also responding to Data Center Ops team for servers move, decommission Unix/Linux old hardware and outage troubleshooting. Including Hitachi, EMC, NetApp Storage solution troubleshooting. Participate in on-call duties on a Bi-weekly rotational basis.
- Duty including installing, Puppet automation configuration, troubleshooting and VMware management cloning, data migration servers as well as Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins, MySQL, Oracle Database, etc.
- Implement and maintenance Veritas NetBackup and EMC SMC VMax, VNX Luns configuration.
- Setup and configure sFTP servers systems by implementing one Dev system with 2 load balanced production servers all from the virtual servers within 60 days.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
- Configure and Automate CentOS Linux install by Cobbler and responding to Accenture VM servers. Duty including troubleshooting MySQL, Oracle DB/App servers Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins, and Puppet Labs, etc.
- Implement and maintenance Backup/Storage solution by conferencing better system performance tuning.
- Watch and monitor the health of server/desktop systems by configuring Nagios and Splunk that indexes IT data from application, server or network device for QA & Developers systems performance/uptime/logs.
Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
- Install, configure Rocks Cluster, CentOS Linux cluster and responding to servers outages. Duty including the procurements, troubleshooting and management server room power/temperature problems.
- Implement and maintenance RAID array storage systems by fine tuning Bash/SH scripts and adding cron jobs to better system performance tuning. Help implement Mac notebook with OS X Apple OS.
- Applying government security requirement to harden Linux by patching and removing, users, services.
- Watch and monitor the health of server/desktop systems that setup Ganglia to see clusters’ performance.
Confidential . Santa Clara, CA
Unix/Linux Systems Admin contractor
- Initiated Setup and Configure Red Hat Kickstart server and install clients for Linux systems in the data center and labs for QA and development engineers with NIS domain and Nagios monitoring tools.
- Implement and maintenance corporate production Solaris UNIX and Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora Linux 500+ Servers, Enterprise & Engineering servers, backup by Veritas NetBackup and storage systems by NetApp.
- Coordinated with ClearCase admin to setup/configured files and update packages to meet the requirements.
- Install, configure and maintain Servers on Fedora 13, Red Hat 5 Linux with Yum and Xen, VMware Esxi.
- Managed and monitor daily 10+ ticket requests for performance and resources by BMC Remedy.
- Rewrite Add/Remove users Shell scripts and accomplished 70+ users IDs conversion within 2 months.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
SDS Unix/Linux Systems Admin
- Setup Red Hat Kickstart for IBM x/iSeries and Intel server hardware setup and configure Linux with Backup and NetApp Storage in the data center and labs for QA testing and development engineers.
- Coordinated with DB2/Oracle DBA to configure SWAP files and update packages for the requirement.
- Install, configure and maintain more than 1000 xSeries on SuSE 9, 10 & 11 Red Hat 4 & 5 Linux, VMware Esxi server administration and manage NFS mount, plus document Inventory for the Security team.
- Managed and monitor daily 20+ tickets for performance and resources by Rational ticketing system.
- Successfully setup, configured, and documented 100+ new Linux systems within a couple of weeks.
Colo/Data Center Linux Systems Support contractor
- Setup PXE boot Kickstart server, manage HW mount and install, configure CentOS Linux in data center.
- Coordinated with MySQL DBA for Data Center HW location and manage to faster way to update database.
- Install, configure and maintain hardware on CentOS Linux, VMware Esxi server administration.
- Managed hardware mount with monitor and systems performance and resources by using Avocent KVMs.
- Successfully setup, configure more than hundreds Linux hosts and assigns servers into F5 Load Balancer.
- Install and setup CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu, RedHat Linux and perform systems administration daily tasks.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
IT Operations Systems Administrator
- Manage projects such as NAB (Name Address Book) on IBM System x3550/x3650 and System zSeries. 24/7 Production Server Support. Participate in on-call duties on a Bi-weekly rotational basis.
- Setup Kickstart RedHat, SUSE Linux installation, VMware Esxi3 installation/configuration to perform load Maintain and rewrite Bourne shell scripts and cron job for Linux servers attached to NetApp View Filer.
- Setup and tune Apache, Tomcat Java, JBoss, Ant, MySQL, and Open Source application packages.
- Implement Nagios and SiteScope monitoring tools for monitoring and eliminating systems downtime.
- Setup and implemented Open Source applications such as Apache, Oracle (SunOne) Java, MySQL, etc.
Software Group - Unix/Windows Systems Contractor
- Support SW Group for Solaris Unix, RHEL, CentOS, and Fedora Linux, and Windows servers, desktop.
- Accomplish and deploy Unix patch upgrades, enhancements, and configuration changes for Security Audit.
- Proficient device drivers such as Dell PowerEdge, IBM x, z Series or Sun Ultra, and updated patches.
- Accomplish Setup SW and configure on VMware Esx servers for supporting cell phone customer vendor.
- Produced Linux server enhancements and DNS /DHCP configuration in timely matter.
- Troubleshooting and perform tuning and configuration for Engineering systems in their server rooms.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
IT Technical Support Windows/Linux/Unix Consultant
- Consulted and Coordinated with many mid-size high tech companies for company’s network from beginning and supported Solaris, FreeBSD, and NetBSD Unix, Red Hat, CentOS Linux and Windows.
- Deployed and managed company website with performance tuning that saved outsourcing fund.
- Implement Solaris 2.6, 2.7, 8 & 9 with Oracle server to evaluate Sun One products.
- Implement Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris Unix, and Windows NT/2000, and email applications.
- Configured and maintain network setup Windows 2000 server with Oracle 9i installation and configuration.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
IT Unix/Linux/Windows Systems Admin, IT Operations
- Achieved QA Labs iPlanet move for desktops and servers, Multiple Linux platforms, Sun Solaris Unix, Veritas Volume manager, NetBackup and Oracle 9i in Solaris servers.
- Successfully upgraded and implemented QA Lab and Data Center systems with the move team.
- Responsible for server room systems Sun hardware, OS and software implementation.
- Implemented Web server and LDAP server on X86 on Solaris Unix systems to validate the client-server.
- Automate Windows NT and LDAP Unix account creation using Perl shell scripts.
- Set up test environments under Microsoft Windows 2000 with Linux and Sun Solaris Unix systems.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes