- Over 7+ years of IT experience specialized in LINUX/UNIX System Administration working on server - based operating system; kernel configurations on Redhat Linux, CentOS, SUSE, Debian 7, Ubuntu 12.x/13.x in a DevOps Environment with CI/CD as an Iterative process.
- Networking, kernel Parameter & Tuning, Trouble Shooting System & Performance Issues, Package Management (YUM/RPM), Patch Management and Development Operations.
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of VMware, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, SMTP and AmazonLinux instances.
- Experienced with AWS EC2, Route53 DNS, ELB, EBS, AMI, VPC, Cloud Formation Templates, Cloud Watch Monitoring and used Chef with OHAI Orchestration to leverage and manage AWS Instances.
- Experienced in Setting up Chef Server/Workstation and Bootstrapping Nodes. Wrote Wrapper cookbooks, recipes and utilized community cookbooks as well. Performed testing with Kitchen and Unit Testing.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Worked with Ansibleplaybooks forvirtual and physical instanceprovisioning, configuration management, patchingand software deployment.
- Extensively worked With VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5/6.0, vCenter Server, Host Clustering with HA, DRS, Replication Manager 5.x/6.0, Site Recovery Manager, vMotion, Physical to Virtual Migration and Managing SAN Datastores with, iSCSI, NFS & FC.
- Proficient in Linux Utilities: KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, AUTOFS, Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Installed Puppet Master, Agent, Managed Puppet DB, Apache with Passenger & MCollaborative for Orchestration. Wrote Modules and Manifests manually and used Puppet Forge to download Modules as well.
- Expertise in writing Shell Scripting using Ksh/Csh/bash and Perl to ease administration tasks.
- Experience in Installing, configuring and maintaining apache/tomcat, samba & send mail, and Jboss Application Servers.
- Deployed Java applications/Web-services using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Puppet in standalone and clustered environments.
- Experience at DevOpsEngineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Experienced with continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous deployment and continuous monitoring.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Setup code repositories Like GIT, SVN, Tortoise SVN and managed plugins for Jenkins for scheduled automatic checkout of code.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Implementation, up-gradation, Maintenance and Creating and maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Configured Networking Concepts DNS, NIS, NFS and DHCP, troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP, providing support for users in solving their problems.
- Capacity planning & Performance Analysis, Uptime & Response time analysis. Expertise implementation and maintenance of NFS, & Apache SMTP.
- Administering Storage Foundation Cluster File System and its components.
- Efficiency in installing, configuring and implementing the RAID Technologies using various tools like VxVM, SVM and LVM.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP, providing support for users in solving their problems.
- Good presentation, customer support and trouble shooting skills & experience in providing 24x7 supports.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux ES & Centos OS 4.X, 5.X, 6.X & 7.X, Ubuntu 10.X, Solaris 9,10, 11, Windows 2K, XP, 2003, NT, 2008, 2012 and 6, AIX 7, Confidential -UX 11.23
OS Administration: RedHat 5.X 6.X,7.X Linux administration, Solaris 9, 10 Administration
Scripting Tools: Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby
Scheduling Tools: Autosys, crontab
Application servers: WAS 7.X, 8.X JBoss AS 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and JBoss EAP 5.x, 6.x
Web Servers: Apache(httpd), apache-tomcat and Apache http server
E-Mail servers: Sendmail, Postfix, Zimbra
Monitoring: Nagios, ZABBIX, Splunk
Networking: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, LDAP
Third Party Tools: Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Various DevOps Tools
Virtualization tools: VMWare vsphere, ESX 5.x/6.0
Hardware: IBM RS/6000 P-Series servers (p795, p770, p595, p590, p570, p550, p520) JS21 and JS20 Blade Servers, Confidential, Sun Enterprise 450/420R/250 server, Sun Sparc Ultra.P
Linux system Administrator
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Redhat, CentOS and Suse Servers at multiple Data Centers.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Proficient in using all Amazon Web Services including EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB.
- Managed VMWARE vSphere HOSTS in a HA/DRS Environment with vMotion/ Site Recovery Manager, Replication Manager vRealize Automation Center and Fiber SAN.
- Experience working with production servers at multiple data centers.
- Implemented Migration from VMWARE to AWS using VMDK Import tools.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Developed and supported the Red Hat Enterprise Linux based infrastructure in the cloud environment.
- Experience in AWS, which included managing application in the cloud and creating instances.
- Developed automation scripting inPython (core)usingPuppetto deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet as a CI/CD Process.
- Logged events from forced crash dumps and troubleshoot server issues.
- Configured yum repository server for installing packages from a centralized server.
- Installed Fuse to mount the keys on every Debian Production Server for password-less authentication.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (PUPPET, Ansible).
- Configured RedHat Kickstart for installing multiple production servers.
- Installed and configured DCHP server to give IP leases to production servers.
- Management of RedHat Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Applied the Clustering Topology that meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Sendmail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Configured, managed ESX VM’s with virtual center and VI client.
- Performance monitoring using Sar, Iostat, VMstat and MPstaton servers and also logged to munin monitoring tool for graphical view.
- Installed packages with yum and rpm.
- Installation and configuration of PostgresSQL database on RedHat/Debian Servers.
- Performed Disk management with the help of LVM (Logical Volume Manager).
- Configuration and Administration of Apache Web Server and SSL.
- Created and maintained network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Redhat Linux.
Environment: AWS, Red Hat Linux 6/7, Postgresql, Windows 2003/2008/2012 servers, SCCM, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange 2003, Patching, Microsoft Office, VMware ESXI5.1/5.5, VCenter Server, EMC CLARiiON, Symantec NetBackup, SQL server 2005/2008.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Linux system Administrator/Devops Engineer
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Designed and implementedChef, including the internal best practices,cookbooks, automatedcookbookCI and CD system. Made use of Jenkins forChefCI, Thor for versioning, Berkshelf for dependency management, and Test-Kitchen for testing and development.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS Etc… with Opscode Chef Cookbooks/Recipes.
- Wrote Python Scripts to Monitor Variety of Services & Perl Scripts with Hash/Arrays to Insert/Delete/Modify content in multiple servers
- Leveraged Docker Engine to run Multiple Tomcat Instances as Containerized AppServers.
- Implemented multi Node OpenStack KILO Architecture on KVM Using Latest Release of Ubuntu with Services like Horizon, Nova, Neutron, Glance, Cinder, Keystone & Swift.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with PythonSSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Openstack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain as a CI/CD process, SVN/GIT with Devel/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository
- Working with the hardware vendors and application team for the faulty replacement and planning the downtimes accordingly
- Creating customized Kickstart profiles for each server and making ISO to build the server
- Applied patches every quarter regularly to meet audit requirements using Oracle Ops Center, Red Hat Satellite server, Up2Date, YUM, RPM tools.
- Performance Tuning and Management for Linux/AIX server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure
- Creating the file systems using Red Hat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux servers.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Scanning the newly assigned LUNs to the serves and assigning them to volume group and increasing the file system using Red Hat volume manager
- Mounting & un-mounting the netapp storage LUNs to the Red Hat Linux servers and troubleshooting the issues encountered
- Planned and performed the upgrades on Linux operating systems and hardware maintenance on Confidential and POWER servers like increasing memory, disk, replacing failed hardware.
- Work with development teams and business areas to plan future capacity requirements and hold regular meetings to review usage as well as create, revise, and report any new measurements required to manage mainframe or distributed environments.
- Provide drill down reporting for application teams to use in monitoring their application resource usage/performance.
- Promote involvement of application development teams to make recommended changes that improve program performance.
- Insure impact of software releases to system performance and resource utilization of distributed and mainframe platforms are acceptable during load testing.
- Doing capacity Assessment for new requests of servers ie calculating CPU and Memory for new servers according to the current/future Applications running on the system.
Environment: AWS, Chef, VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5, RHEL 6/7, OEL, Centos, Docker, Centos, GIT, Jenkis
Confidential, Orlando, FL
Linux administrator/Devops Engineer
- Provided 24x7 on-call supports in debugging and fixing issues related to Rhel, Suse, OEL Installation/Maintenance of Hardware/Software in Production, Development & Test Environment as an integral part of the Unix/Linux (RHEL/SUSE/OEL) Support team.
- Installation Red hat Linux Enterprise Server 5/6 on Dell and Confidential x86 HW.
- Installation of Web logic, upgraded to service pack updates, installed BEA patches, configuring and creation new domain & services starting & stopping.
- Planning and implementing Backup and Restore procedures using Ufsdump, Ufsrestore, Tar” and “Cpio”.
- Installed and configured the Red Hat Linux 5.1 on Confidential -Dl585 servers using Kick Start.
- Monitoring day-to-day administration and maintenance operations of the company network and systems working on Linux and Solaris Systems.
- Configured the NIS, NIS+ and DNS on Red Hat Linux 5.1 and update NIS mapsand Organize the RHN Satellite Servers in combination with RHN Proxy Server
- Installed and configured the RPM packages using the YUM Software manager.
- Configured logical volumes using logical volume manager (LVM) and also configured mirroring.
- Production support of Apache, PHP, My SQL, Tomcat including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Shell (bash, ksh) to automate jobs.
- Defining and Develop plan for Change, Problem & Incident management Process based on ITIL.
- Merged the generated reports as per request. Formatted data into required format using UNIX Shell Scripts, SED and Awk.
- Networking communication skills and protocols such as TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP, NDM, SSH, rlogin.
- Deploying Veritas Clusters and Oracle test databases to implement disaster recovery strategies, ensuring uninterrupted availability of the global systems.
- Configured Logical Storage Manager (LSM) for root disk encapsulation and implemented root disk mirroring for fault tolerance.
- NIS, NFS, AUTOFS, NTP Configuration and Administration.
- Define Mapping Servlets, Filters, and Session Configuration on JBOSS.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting. Installation and monitoring of Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas NetBackup and Veritas Cluster Server on SAN Environment.
- Worked on the administration of the JBoss 4.2.2servers including installation and deployments.
- Extensive experience in Security Patching.
- Coordinating with storage team and networking teams
Environment: AWS, Chef, Windows Server 2003, RHEL Linux 5/6, Oracle 9i, Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas NetBackup 5.0, Docker
UNIX /Linux System Administrator
- Deployment, configuration and administration of VMware VSphere 5.1 environments as well as Red Hat (5.x and 6.x) and Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) environment and installed required binaries and packages.
- Configured and monitored Disk mirroring, stripping using LVM
- Managed Disk File Systems, server Performance, Users Creation and granted file access Permissions.
- Created groups, added Users ID to a group as a primary or secondary group, removing Users ID from a group as well as adding users in Sudoers file.
- Performed administration tasks related to DNS, BIND, DHCP, NIS, LDAP.
- Setup and configured DHCP, Kickstart, and PXE servers for automated system builds.
- Configured servers, install patches, and support the virtual infrastructure
- Configured Resource Pool, V Motion, Alerts, Alarms, NTP, HA, DRS and deployed virtual servers using template.
- Upgrading the Application as per Application team requirements. Scheduling jobs using crontab and at.
- Migrated Physical Servers to Virtual Serves using VMware Converters and migration of Virtual Machines using V-Motion.
- Supported Solaris/Linux servers in production/QA/ Development Environment, includingSolarisZone and RHEL VM's
- Support for Linux/Unix systems administration, operational support and problem resolution for server systems Created shared NFS files system, mounting and un-mounting NFS server, NFS client on remote machine, sharing remote file folder, starting &Stopping the NFS services.
- Done with LAMP Setup in RHEL, MySQL setup, Performance Tuning, Replication, Commands, Backup and overall Administration
- Configuration and Installation of JBOSS 5.x on Linux servers.
- Installation/Activation of F5 Load balancers, configure routing logic, creation of new service pools, members, virtual servers etc.,
- Installed JON Agent and configured dashboards, alerts for JVM monitoring
- Performance tuning included tuning the existing heap values, DB Connection settings etc.
- Migrated VM from one LUN to another LUN using Storage V-Motion, Created Templates from VM’s, deploy VM’s from templates and allocate resources
- Performance tuning of VMware servers, Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between Virtual Machines.
- Managed shared NFS files system, mounting and unmounting NFS server, NFS client on remote machine, sharing remote file folder, starting and stopping the NFS services.
- Worked on configuration and administration of LVM as extending Logical Volume and Physical Volume Size.
- Worked on iLO and iDRAC setup and configuration.
Environment: RHEL 5/6, MySQL, Suse, LAMP, OEL, VMware Vsphere5.1/5.5
- Monitor and analyze servers and resolve any problems, maintain systems reporting, tuning.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File system quota on Linux servers.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Maintaining integrity of security with the use of group policies across domains.
- Supporting users through email, on call and troubleshooting.
- Maintaining inventory of all components including systems and other hardware.
- Performed User Account management, data backups, and users' logon support.
- Maintaining user's data backup by creating particular user folder in File Server and applying security permission on folders.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress and for upcoming changes in environment.
Environment: RHEL 5/6, Centos, Suse, LVM, VMware
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes