- Qualified DevOps/Cloud engineer having close to 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of Linux System Administration, DevOps Engineering, automating, building, releasing of code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers. Considerable experience includes SCM, AWS, DevOps, Build/Release Management, Cloud Management and Containerization.
- Seasoned on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability using EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto - scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Terraform, Security Groups. Well versed with Openstack based cloud infrastructure.
- Developed Docker based micro services, deployment modules with Jenkins, Kubernetes and Ansible based pipelines/frameworks.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build test and deploy.
- Experienced in branching, merging, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Git and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Integration, deployment and automation of application servers Tomcat, WebLogic across Linux platforms.
- Considerably worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for end-to-end automation for all build and deployments. Created pipeline in Jenkins by integrating Git and Maven plugins.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife and Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Expertise in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure Automation, it includes Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, and Git Hub.
- Migrated on-perm data centers to cloud providers on AWS.
- Writing Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Experience with AWS instances spanning across Dev, Test and Pre-production and Cloud Automation through Open Source DevOps tools like Chef, Jenkins & Docker.
- Complete application builds for Web Applications, Web Services, Windows Services, Console Applications, and Client GUI applications.
- Worked as DevOps engineer in field of automation.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for deployment of builds on internal data center servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Used Ansible as powerful tool for creating infrastructure and deployed on servers.
- Expertise in writing Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Expert in Source Code Management SCM tools like Subversion SVN, GIT.
- Created CI/CD pipelines and setup auto trigger, auto build and auto deployment with the help of the CI/CD tool like Jenkins.
- Extensively worked on Hudson and Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate the installation and configuration for a broad range of services.
- Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools Splunk and Nagios.
- Experienced with server log monitoring using Elastic search Log stash Kibana(ELK) with Log spout.
- Handled installation, administration and configuration of ELK stack on AWS and performed Log Analysis
- Served the ELK stack community with use cases and logstash plugin and actively participated in blogs and QA.
- Having experience in understanding of Splunk5.x and 6.x product, distributed Splunk architecture and components including installation of Search Heads, Indexers, Forwarders, Deployment Server, License Model and Heavy/Universal Forwarded.
- Practical knowledge in using Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center.
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), methodologies & validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Expertise in creating Active Directory and Network Fundamentals, Protocols such asTCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/NT/2000/2003, UNIX, LINUX, RHEL 7, Solaris, Mac OS X
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, SNS, SQS and EBS.
Version Control tools: GIT, Subversion, Perforce
Build tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
CI tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson
Configuration tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Containerization/Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK
Repositories: Nexus and Artifactory
Languages: C, C++, Java, J2EE
Tracking tools: Jira, ClearQuest
Web Servers: Web Logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
Networking Services: FTP, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, NFS, SAN/NAS, RAID LEVELS.
Confidential, Rhode Island
AWS & DevOps Engineer
- Working in implementation team to build and engineer servers for Linux & AIX operating systems. Working on AWS cloud to provision new instances.
- Migrated and maintained build and test environments into the Cloud Infrastructure.
- Wrote scripts in Terra form to spin up EC2 instances.
- Developed Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
- ConfiguredAWSIAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Managed network security using Load balancer, Auto-scaling, Security groups and NACLS.
- Used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Managed storage inAWSusing Elastic Block Storage, S3, created Volumes and configured Snapshots.
- UtilizedAWSCLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- UsedCloud Frontto deliver content fromAWSedge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using Cloud Watch.
- CreatedAWSRoute 53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Mesos, Marathon and Kubernetes.
- Deployed applications in Docker containers and managed the containers in enterprise level.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of Git, Stash Repositories, views and the access control strategies.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Git source control.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Scripting of administration tasks using CLI, Power Shell, Shell and Ruby. Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Automated the deployment process by writing Perl, Python scripts in Jenkins.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and also integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Configuring Jenkins as a common CI engine to build and promote applications to DEV, QA and STAGING to Linux environments.
- Refined automation components with scripting and configuration management using Ansible.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Implemented Nagios integration with Ansible for automation in server monitoring.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker imagesfor isolation, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes
- Implemented Auto-Scaling with Chef and Assign chef roles to EC2 instances.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning.
- Worked on integrating Git into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins, Cruise Control and Subversion. Configured the services using modern DevOps tools, like Ansible.
- Developed Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Created Splunk dashboards, reports, scheduled searches and alerts related to the installation.
- Responsible for Operational intelligence using Splunk.
- Built and engineered servers on Ubuntu and RHEL Linux. Provisioned virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers using vCloud.
- Managed and architectured more than 3000 virtual servers. Monitored server traffic through Nagios. Administered web servers on Apache and Nginix. SQL queries and administration.
- Evaluated existing JIRA instance and resolved performance issues.
- Installed and configured network infrastructure using routing and switching strategies.
Environment: & Tools: Java, RHEL 6/7.2, Python, Maven, Nexus, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Nginix, Nagios, Git, AWS EC2, Route 53, S3, VPC, SQS, Auto-Scaling, ELB, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment.
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers.
- Performed all Linux operating system, disk management and patch management configurations, on Linux instances in AWS.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using the almost all the AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, Route 53(CNAME), VPC, RDS, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch.
- Performed log analysis using ELKstack and created monitoring charts.
- Involved in building own PaaS with Docker; deployed various applications through Dockers containers.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Used Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Worked collaboratively with development teams and performance test engineers for EC2 size optimization and Docker build containers.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion on Linux platforms.
- Administered, deployed and managed RedHat, Ubuntu and CentOS servers.
- Deployed EC2 Container Service plugin in Jenkins, which automates the Jenkins master-slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Used MySQL, Dynamo DB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins for deployment and build management system.
- Used build automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle for building applications.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and Chef Cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Actively involved in standardizing SplunkForwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across various Operating Systems.
- Created Regular Expressions for Field Extractions and Field Transformations in Splunk.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, Configuring and deploying various enterprise applications in WebLogic, WebSphere and Tomcat.
- Good Knowledge in Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure Service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD. Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD Integrating on-premises identity with Azure AD.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
Environment: & Tools: AWS(EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), GIT, VPC, EBS, SQL, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Docker, Jira, Azure, AWSCLI,AWSAuto-Scaling, Unix/Linux, RHEL 5/6.8, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Worked on Apache and Firewalls in both development and production.
- Established version controlled software deployment for clients and Servers using Git and Jenkins.
- Manage installer releases for Client-Server based tablet supported on all UNIX and Windows environment.
- Introduced and established new process for code coverage analysis of java based module using Emma and created reports.
- Worked in VMware enabled environment.
- Improved the SCM processes and followed scrum and agile methodology in the project.
- Contributed to Release management and developing build scripts in ANT. Resolved many days to day issues on typical software configuration and code management activities.
- Taking care of Configuration Management Activities for multiple projects (production release & deployment).
- Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at different stages of agile development.
- Implemented lightweight process for communication of software releases to production & maintain Sprint release notes to client & server.
- Streamlined the process to support sprint based releases to production and improved current state of release management using Git & Jenkins.
- Collaborated with different teams by providing internal training on technical knowledge for operations and post-release support.
- Retrofitted the production deployment process to QA, Dev & Product teams.
- Managed merging, branch creation and tagging for Git based code repository.
- Performed exploratory testing to expose defects/issues not discovered with unit tests or automated testing.
- Assist Customer Support team to analyze and resolve tier 2 issues by using remote management software such as log mein, Team Viewer.
- Installed and configured Infrastructure Automation tool Ansible.
- Configured Chef-Server, Chef-Analytics, and Chef Workstation, used existing recipes from Chef.
- Used Ansible cookbooks to automate in AWS features like EC2, IAM, VPC, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling, IAM, S3 and general knowledge in Kubernetes.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services specifically on AWS EC2.
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Implemented scheduled downtime for non-prod servers for optimizing AWS pricing.
- Monitoring system performance, Server load and bandwidth issues.
- Closely worked with development, QA, and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: GIT.
- Provide stable build environments for product development.
Environment: & Tools: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, VMWare, Nagios, Splunk, Python, VMware ESX, MS-SQL
Confidential, Appleton, WI
Build / Release Engineer
- Installed and deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using Git, Jenkins, MySQL and custom tools developed in Python and Bash.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3, ELB and EBS Etc. with Opcode Puppet modules/manifests.
- Responsible for Co-ordinate with Development group and testing teams.
- Responsible for branching and merging of code.
- Designed effective planning for SCM and implemented the setup of the Environment.
- Maintained Subversion repositories on Windows.
- Maintained and version controlled Backend database using SVN/Ant scripts.
- User support for Subversion/SVN issues.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Adopted Install Shield scripts, written scripts and used them to package builds and releases for different environments as defined in SDLC.
- Written Perl scripts for the automation of daily support tasks.
Environment: & Tools: ANT, Subversion, Jenkins, Python, Perl, Script, VMware, AWS, Linux (RedHat) and Puppet.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, QA and Production.
- Performed Software configuration management strategies for various applications in the agile development.
- Responsible for the build and Release management process.
- Installed and administered Build Forge CI for ANT builds.
- Experience in user management for build forge CI.
- Implemented LDAP authentication for Jenkins.
- Responsible for Automated Build Scripts.
- Used Perforce for Source Control.
- Involved in creating and maintaining Branches and Tags based on the requirement and schedule.
- Coordinated with development teams to perform builds and Resolve Build Issues.
- Used Cruise Control for automation and CI related build and deploy activities.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes on Solaris.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure that code is deployed in the production environment.
- Involved in editing existing ANT build files as per changes in the project requirements.
- Used Remedy for IM/CR/SR tickets.
- Used HP QC for ticket tracking and Change management.
- Deployed artifact into Web logic Servers.
Environment: & Tools: Perforce, ANT, Web logic, Cruise Control, Java/J2EE, UNIX, Ubuntu LINUX, Windows XP.
Linux System Administrator
- Installed and configured Redhat Linux 4/5, Solaris 8/9 operating systems.
- Managed user accounts and groups on Solaris / Linux and NT / 2000 servers.
- Configured Samba server for interconnectivity between Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Configured Linux firewall with IPCHAINS and IPTABLES.
- Performed automation of job scheduling using Cron in Linux based systems.
- Disk and File System management through Solaris Volume Manager, Logical Volume Manager and Veritas Volume Manager.
- Built high-end servers, creating and loading images on Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers using System Imager tool.
- Configured and managed Jump Start Server on Solaris and Kick Start Server on Linux.
- Installed and configured Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) in Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers.
- Created, configured and managed clusters in RedHat Linux Servers using GFS.
- Installed, configured and managed RedHat Cluster Suite in Linux servers.
- Planned and implemented migrations from lower end to higher end in OS level and Hardware level in Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers.
- RPM package administration using RPM Build.
- Performed Data Backup and Recovery using Veritas Net Backup (VNB).
- Update the systems using RedHat Enterprise Network (RHN), Managing and monitoring through RHN.
- Worked on installing and configuring VMware/ESX Servers for virtualizations.
Environment: & Tools: Solaris 8/9, RedHat Linux 4/5, HP-UX 11i, AIX, Sun Enterprise servers E5500/E4500, HP blade servers, Dell blade servers, IBM RS/6000, VMware ESX server.