- Around 8+years of IT experience wif profile of DevOps, Software Configuration/Build/Release Management and Continuous Integration
- Skilled in automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS and Azure cloud environments and in Data centers.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems such as Git, Tortoise Subversion (SVN), IBM Clear case and Perforce.
- Improved continuous integration workflow, project testing, and deployments wif build automation tools like HUDSON/Jenkins. Implemented code coverage and unit test plug - ins wif Maven in Jenkins.
- Transformation of traditional environment to virtual environments wif, AWS-EC2, S3, EBS, EMR, ELB, EBS, chef, Puppet, JIRA, Ansible, Dockers, OpenStack and VMware.
- Extensive experience in network, OS, and application security testing, tool construction, and design of custom protection architectures.
- Experience wif virtualization and cloud infrastructure which includes VMware, AWS, Rackspace, OpenStack and Azure.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Puppet Server. Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Puppet.
- Experience in system monitoring wif Nagios.
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of source control management concepts such as Branching, Merging, Labeling/Tagging and Integration.
- Deft at using MAVEN & ANT as build automation tools for building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Experience in administering and supporting the CM tools including Subversion & CVS in LINUX environment.
- Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging / deployment / release methodology, and application configurations.
- Experience wif Infrastructure Development & Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, EMR, VPC Auto scaling, Cloud Front & Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SNS
- Worked wif Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups.
- Performed Backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Created SCM Processes, policies, procedures and Release Notes to follow Development and allow SQA teams to Release or Deploy highest quality product for the enterprise.
- Extensively worked on Continuous Integration tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Team City and Bamboo and for End to End automation for all builds/Releases/Deployments.
- Wrote deployment Automation scripts for multiple JAVA/J2EE Applications.
- Expertise in Configuring & Deploying Enterprise Applications in Apache Tomcat and Jboss application servers
- Used Chef and Puppet as configuration management tools, to automate tasks, deploy critical applications, & manage change.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis techniques - Check styles, Find Bugs wif CI tools.
- Knowledge about Jenkins non as continuous integration tool often referred as deployment tool enables deploying scripts to launch virtual machines through VMware, Vagrant, and Dockers.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of Linux/UNIX /windows servers, debugging OS failure.
- Knowledge about Microsoft Azure in creating cloud environment and managing the application servers across Microsoft managed global data centers.
- Worked wif System Engineers, QA, business and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated wif the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Expertise in working wif different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA, Clear Quest and Quality center.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server.
- Experience in Log Insight and Cloud watch services to diagnose problems and configuring alerts.
- Setting up Auto scaling of the instance group using AWS command line tools and AWS cloud environment for Dev/QA environments.
- Written multiple manifests and also customized facts for efficient management of the puppet clients.
- Experience setting up and maintaining auto-scalingAWSstacks (using cloud formation and scripting).
- Experience in managing DNS using Route53 of AWS.
- Experience in administering and deployment of Sun Solaris, Red Hat (Linux) & AIX servers via VMware.
- Kicking off builds and in case of failure, try to resolve the issue. Worked as a part of Release management.
- Published build & release for daily in QA environment. Maintained QA and solved issue of QA and maintain DB version according releases. Also published code and DB on production and staging as per business requirement.
- Excellent communicative and interpersonal leadership skills. Capable of working efficiently both independently and in team
Operating systems: Windows, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Unix, SUSE.
Area of Work: Continuous integration/Delivery/DeploymentDevOps, cloud release management, Migrations, Environment management.
Version control tools: SVN, Git lab, Stash, Git hub.
Build/CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Build Forge, Udeploy.
Management Tools: Jira, Remedy, Confluence, Service Now.
Framework: C#.NET, Java/J2ee.
Data base: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
Web Technology: XML, HTML.
Application Servers: Oracle WebLogic 9.x/10.x/11g/12c, Tomcat 7.0.x/8.0.x, Web Sphere.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios
Containerization Tools: Docker, kubernetes, vagrant
Configuration management: Chef, Ansible
Scripts: Shell script, YML, Ruby, Json
IDE: Visual Studio 2005/2008/2015 , Eclipse
Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, SNMP, SMTP, TELNET File Systems
AWS: EC2,S3,IAM,ELB,VPC,CloudWatch,Cloud Formation,RDS,DynamoDB,Route53,SQS, SES, SNS, Auto scale.
Confidential, Pursia, PA
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloudinfrastructuresutilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS), including EC2, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, Cloud Watch and IAM.
- Performed configuration, deployment and support of cloud services including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Experience working wif IAM in order to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and backup onAWS.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, Ruby, Python & Perl scripts.
- Strong experience creating ANT/ MAVEN wifChef/Puppetbuild script for Deployment.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Built Continuous Integration environment and Continuous delivery environment using Jenkins.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Involved in DevOps processes for build and deploy systems.
- Grasp the Technical aspects from High level to create Deployment plans, Contingency Plans and which direction to go if they hit a snag.
- Troubleshoot the automation of Installing and configuring applications in the test environments.
- Planned release schedules wif agile methodology & coordinated releases wif engineering & SQA for timely delivery.
Environment: Git version Control, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Maven, Nagios, Subversion, Jenkins, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Albany, Ny
- Being a part of implementation team, worked wif several teams like Network, Storage, Data Center team.
- Configuring NFS, NIS, DNS, Auto Mount & Disk Space Management on SUN Servers.
- Experience in Configuring and Managing Virtual Disk Mirrors & RAID Levels.
- RHEL 5.x/6.x and Solaris 9/10/11 servers administering and monitoring the performance of all systems.
- Storage Provisioning, Volume and File System Management using LVM on HPUX/Linux/Sun Solaris OS in a SAN environment.
- Created a deployment procedure utilizing Jenkins CI to run the unit tests, build documentation using NaturalDocs, and create RPM packages for installation and setup the application and its dependencies.
- Working on Linux LVM troubleshooting.
- Used LVM to configure volume group, logical and physical partitions, expanding volumes and importing new physical volumes.
- Support of Applications like Apache Tomcat and Java based applications running on Linux machines for multiple clients.
- Involving and working wif other team on Data Base / Application Refresh based on software life cycles.
- Manage user accounts for the team access for Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated storage requirements for applications.
- Functional & non-functional requirements analysis, work estimation and prioritization.
- Involved in 24*7 Production support, Build and Migration Assignments.
- Managed Network troubleshooting applications TCP/IP including Ethernet, IP addressing & Sub netting, routing.
Environment: RHEL 5.x/6.x/7.x, Solaris 9/10/11, Linux, VMware, Web Servers, Jenkins, Puppet, Nagois, Lvm/Veritas, Java, Maven
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Responsible for day today Build and deployments in pre- production and production environments.
- Deployed Puppet, puppet Dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Designed and coded Business logic and Database layers in C#, XML, C++ and python.
- Creating Private networks and sub-networks and bringing instances under them based on the requirement.
- Built DNS system in EC2and managed all DNS related tasks. Managed the configuration of the applications using chef.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Install and configure Amazon command line interface tools Performed migrations of virtual servers from Ubuntu OpenVZ physical servers to AWS EC2.
- Creating snapshots and amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled wif load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and on Git Hub.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments
- Performed Server configuration management viaPuppet. Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) implementation.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in Amazon cloud Services, integrating it wif Puppet.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using virtual private cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate wif the networks.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Developing automation scripts using EC2 commands. Designing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) High Availability.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic.
- Developed and supported the Red Hat Enterprise Linux based infrastructure in the cloud environment.
- Managed the configurations of the instances using Opscode Chef. Written and modified various Cookbooks/Recipes for better management of the systems.
Environment: Java, Linux, Maven, Nexus, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker, Nginix, Nagios, GIT, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, EMR, Auto scaling, ELB, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux.
Confidential - Irving, Tx
- Responsible for maintaining Infrastructure in AWS (Amazon Web Services Cloud) by migrating Physical Linux servers to Cloud.
- Initiating Amazon EC2CloudInstances (Linux/ Ubuntu) using Amazon Web Services and managing and configuring launched instances wif respect to specific applications.
- Installed and configured Bamboo server for CI to automate the release management for applications, and created a continuous delivery pipeline.
- Created and managed S3 buckets for Artifact management and Storage of batch files for multi cluster batch application.
- Configured Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) wif both public and private subnets, NAT instances, and Elastic Load Balancers.Implemented VPC peering to ensure communication between instances in separate VPCs.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems, by creating and managing security groups and network ACLs to ensure controlled access to instances and subnets respectively.
- Managing MultipleAWSinstances, assigning the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and AMIs.CreatedAWSSecurity groups which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or moreAWSEC2 instances.
- Created IAM policies, providing access to different AWS resources, designed and refined the workflows to grant access.Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and customizing the JSON template and Glacier for storage and backup onAWS.
- Created release pipelines using GIT, Chef, and HP operations orchestration tool for automatic workflow.
- Designed and implementedGITmetadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS and Configurationmanagement using Ansible.
- Responsible for writing bash shell scripts to automate day to day tasks such as backup, synchronization, systems health, monitoring etc.
- Set up Splunkto capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Web servers andapplication servers.
- Encrypted EBS volume via KMS to monitor, create alarms & notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloudwatch.
- Set up and builtAWSinfrastructure wif various services available by writingcloudformation templates in JSON.
- Developing and managing Puppet enterprise manifests and modules using puppet DSL to automate infrastructure provisioning and configuration automation across the environments.
- Building deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from the source code using the build tools like ANT.
- Build application and database servers usingAWSEC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS for Oracle DB.
- Setup the Python scripts to create the snapshots on AWS S3 buckets and delete the old snapshots.
- Managing and optimize the Continuous Integration using Bamboo and troubleshoot the deployment build issues using the trigged logs.
- Worked for Creating the Software Configuration Management Plan. Managed all the bug changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Configured and troubleshooting NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, FTP, LDAP, and Samba, Apache servers inLinuxServers.
Environment: LINUX, Unix Platform, AWS, Bamboo, ANT, Puppet, GIT, EC2, TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, Route53, DHCP, S3, IAM, Cloud watch, JIRA, Python, Shell.
Confidential, Rochester, MN
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for designing and developing new back-end services, maintaining and expanding AWS infrastructure and providing mentorship to others in my team
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude applications utilizing almost the entire AWS stack (including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SWF, SQS, IAM, and EMR) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling.
- Used Load balancer, Auto scaling, Security groups and NACLS to manage network security.
- Performed continuous integration and deployment, promoting Enterprise Solutions to target environments
- Design roles and groups usingAWSIdentity and Access Management (IAM)
- Created automatic backups for all backend EC2 instances using cloud aware
- Created alert policies for cloud watch metrics using stack driver.
- Document system configurations, Instances, OS, and AMI build practices, backup procedures and troubleshooting guides.
- Transferred data from Dynamo DB to Red Shift.
- Used puppet and Chef Automation tools to perform configuration management
- Provided guidance for the architecture, development best practices for application hosting, and infrastructure deployment for each application.
- Created users and groups using IAM and assigned individual policies to each group.
- Involved in designing and developing Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Simple DB, Amazon RDS, Amazon elastic Load Balancing, Amazon SWF, Amazon SQS, and other services of the AWS infrastructure.
- Involved in writing Puppet manifests in Ruby for deploying, configuring and managing metric collections
- Configured load balancers for incoming loads and instances
- Implemented and enhanced the already existed Shell/ Perl /Ruby and Python scripts
- Management and development of the Amazon Web Services environment, covering multiple services ranging from EC2, EBS to Route53
- Analyzed the build logs and performed root cause analysis for various issues encountered on daily basis
- Utilized the automation platform Chef to make changes to the environment
- Created AWS Multi-Factor Autantication (MFA) for instance RDP/SSH logon, worked wif teams to lockdown security groups.
- Monitored Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and other factors important for deployment
- Troubleshoot and performance tuning issues wif applications like Oracle 10.x, 11.x, JBoss 5.x, WebLogic 11.x, 12.x.
- Installed and deployed various applications on Apache, JBoss 5.x
- Supported the java based applications running on Linux machines and also the applications running on Apache Tomcat.
- Storage Provisioning, Volume & File Management using LVM/Veritas on HPUX/Linux/Sun Solaris OS in SAN
- Work wif F5 load balancers to load balance & reverse proxy servers. Work wif CloudTrail, CloudFront, & Glacier
- Manage network using Security Groups, NACLS, & IAM. Use Amazon RD & MySQL for database administration.
- Utilized Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances wifinAWS.Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
Environment: AWS, EC2, S3, VPC, Auto scaling, Chef, Puppet, ELB, Red Hat EL 3/4/5/6, Shell scripts, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, EBS, Linux, Directory Services, Route53, MS SQL 2012, SQL Server Mirroring, Active Directory, DFS
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, NFS server and clients, Assigning IP addresses to client hosts, and performed Troubleshooting.
- Administered Red Hat Linux 5.x/6 servers for several functions including managing ApacheTomcat server, mail server, MySQL database and Firewall in both Development and Production.
- Worked on Linux Logical Volume (LVM), created volume groups, Logical volumes, file systems, and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for package management like installing, updating and removing different packages using RPM and YUM to update specific packages.
- Worked on Updating and developing new scripts using Grep, AWK andregular expression as per the requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining security on RedHat Linux and provided support to various Linux users.
- Experienced in monitoring system performance and check the status of the system using utilities such as SAR, VMSTAT, IOSTST, NETSAT etc.
- Responsible forActivedirectory, GPO, Domain users, Administrating users and groups and given appropriate permissions and privilege to access our LAN and Domain environment including shared files.
- Worked on changing the application run time process using python scripts for WebLogic configuration and shell scripts for database configuration.
- Coordinating users for any server activities which may involve major changes on software or any hardware related issues.
- Configured all the autantication information needed at the time of operating system installation in Kickstart file.
- Migrated large amount ofLDAPdata across the environment to create identical production environment to support load testing.
Environment: Linux, RHEL, Microsoft Windows, RPM, YUM, DHCP, NFS server, TCP/IP, SVN, .Net, Jenkins, Java, Oracle, Web Logic, GIT, LDAP, My SQL, Subversion, Solaris, Apache, JBOSS, Shell scripting, Bash Scripting, Python, Perl.