- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology industry in various roles with excellent experience in Software Configuration Management (SCM)& Development. Extensive experience includes SCM, Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management.
- Experience at Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code and BAR files to IBM Brokers (WMB and IIB).
- Extensive experience in understanding high level technical aspects to create Release Plans.
- Experience in coordinating with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) between application and infrastructure.
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat and Ubuntu).
- Experience with DevOps methodologies implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Pipelines using tool sets like GIT, Jenkins, Rundeck, AWS and chef.
- Configuring, automation and maintaining build and deployment CI/CD tools Git/GitLab, Jenkins, BuildForge, Docker registry/daemon, Nexus and JIRA for Multi - Environment (Local/POC/NON-PROD/PROD) with high degrees of standardization for both infrastructure and application stack automation in AWS cloud platform. Orchestrating CI/CD processes. CI/CD tools Dockerized and infrastructure setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Work with Docker and help improve our (CD) Continuous Delivery framework to streamline releases and reliability.
- Extensively worked on Hudson and Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS, IBM Clearcase and GIT.
- Used PLSQL to connect to various databases and to check for the invalid objects after and before each release.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Good command in working with Tracking Tools JIRA, Remedy and IBM Rational Clear Quest.
- Good understanding of Operating Systems like Linux, UNIX, Windows.
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Well Adverse with the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Worked in SCM tools - Ansible and Chef for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Experience in software Build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Hands-on Experience of theJ2EEFramework and its components as related to Java build, test, deployment and release management initiatives.
- Experienced in handling Release Management activities.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/XP/NT// 98/2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, LINUX, RHEL.
Source control tools: Git, Subversion, clear case and Perforce.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven.
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, AnthillPro, and Build Forge
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory.
CM Tools: Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
Languages: C, C++, Perl scripting, Shell scripting, Python, SQL, Java/J2EE.
Tracking tools: Jira, Remedy, Bugzilla and Clear Quest.
Web servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat and JBOSS.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MY SQL, DB2.
Cloud environment: AWS cloud environment.
OS level virtualization: Docker
Confidential - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Extensively worked in Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, and IAM through AWS cloud Formation templates and used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Configured the Ansible-Repo, Setup multiple Ansible Work stations
- Launching AWS EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Installed application on AWSEC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Playbooks and uploaded them to Ansible -server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Ansible as well asAWSfor EC2/S3&ELB with Ansible Playbooks.
- Troubleshooting, event inspection and reporting of various Ansible issues and starting/restarting of chef enterprise services.
- Involved in Linux administration activities like troubleshooting of regular issues, configuration issues, applying patches, kernel upgrades, package management, diagnosing resource utilization and file system issues.
- Deployed and troubleshoot of various Jenkins issues. Installed and uninstalled, upgraded and downgraded various plugins in Jenkins.
- Created build slaves, configured and maintained build jobs for build automation and release process in Jenkins.
- Worked with Git, GitHub and Maven projects configured in Jenkins.
- Written several Docker files to create tomcat along with required version of jdk container images.
- Worked with Docker Trusted Registry as repository for our docker images and worked with Docker container networks
- Dockerized several services like SSH daemon service and familiar with several docker command line utilities.
- Utilizes Several Docker best practices to create base images from scratch and to create clear, readable and maintainable clean docker files
- Involved in Jenkins backups and restores.
- Proposed branching strategies for using Version Control Systems like GIT, GitHub& Subversion.
- Created branches, performed merges in version control systems GIT, GitHub, SVN and Perforce
- Managed and maintained Ant and Maven for performing the builds.
- Managed Nexus repository for the current project created a new repository and provisioned it. Co-ordinate with QA to integrate test data management processes and test suites into the build environment.
Environment: Ansible, Linux, CentOS, Jenkins, Tomcat, WebSphere, Git as source code repository, GitHub, Bash, ANT, Maven, AWS, Docker, JUnit, Cobertura, Nexus, IBM HTTP Servers, LDAP, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Java, J2EE.
Confidential - San Ramon, CA
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure. Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Building and monitoring in the project has been done continuously with a CI Tools like Jenkins.
- Deployment of the Business processes by creating JAR, WAR and EAR files to IBM WebSphere application servers.
- Built, configured and supported Application team environments.
- Used Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Designed a Configuration Management solution using Chef
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Chef.
- Used Atlassian JIRA as ticketing tool.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus and Continuous delivery environment (Chef, Yum, rsync Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and Chef.
- Debugging Chef Recipes and their execution trying to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used andmodified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like Chef.
- Involved in two production windows per week and monthly on-call support.
- Daily routine is to deploy the code to the lower environments, automating the deployments.
- Implemented Subversion branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
- Responsible to maintain ANT Build Scripts and tweak if changes in the requirements.
- Worked with the Automation Team to Automate the Windows and Linux Deployments.
- Configured and Maintained the Jenkins build and automation jobs.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat
Environment: Subversion, Jenkins, Chef, Java/J2EE, Maven, JIRA, LINUX, XML, IBM Web Sphere, Oracle, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
- Expertise building and monitoring software projects continuously with CI Tool Jenkins or other similar tools.
- Create and maintain build scripts for J2EE(Maven)applications.
- Expertise in using Maven to manage a project’s build, reporting and documentation.
- Create and maintain deployment scripts of Java/J2EE Applications to Web Logic Application Server.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies. Designed and implemented SVN metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Experience writing implementation plans for installing software components on build agents, and working with application services team to execute the install.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Puppet, for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Provided configuration management expertise to all software development projects using Enterprise Puppet
- Support QA regression deployments, monthly and weekly releases of applications
- Extensive experience with Maven builds process and repository managers like Artifactory and Nexus.
- Working knowledge of Windows batch scripting, LINUX Shell scripting, ANT, Perl, shell and beanshell
- Integrating the code quality analysis tools like Cobertura, Find Bugs, JUnit, PMD, and Checkstyle into the projects
- Worked with JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments
- Participate in release coordination and communication to stakeholders.
Environment: SVN, Jenkins, Puppet, Maven, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Web Logic, JIRA.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, INT, QA and Production.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/Maven scripts for build and release tasks.
- Used IBM Rational Clear case as source code management tool.
- Participated in Branching and Merging.
- Created Release Branches for Parallel development.
- Involved in creating new elements in VOB’s.
- Modified Maven scripts to build the JAR’s, Class files, WAR files and EAR file from VOB’s Configurations, setup and building of interfaces and modifying the flow to give the opportunity for re-use scalability and functionality.
- Configured the different (Hosted, Proxy and Virtual) repositories based on the requirements to share artifacts with in company.
- Used IBM Web Sphere as web application server for deploying artifacts.
- Writing shell and Perl scripts for automated deployments especially in handling all the tasks before kicking off WSADMIN scripts or admin console deployments.
- Performed database deployment activities like execution of Database scripts.
- Performing clean builds according to the schedule published for a given release.
- Used IBM Build Forge to kick off different Build Jobs based on the requirements.
- Scheduled different automated Builds to run in the off hours.
- Verifying that the methods used to create and recreate software builds are reliable and repeatable
- Research the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Used Remedy for tracking changes.
Environment: Unix, Windows, Clear Case, IBM Build Forge, Clear Quest, ANT, Test Manager, CVS, Web Sphere.
Build and Release Engineer
- Installation and Configuration of RedhatLINUX server.
- Installation, configuration and management of Apache and Tomcat servers.
- Setup of build scripts, systems and infrastructure to enable build and release process.
- Build C++ and Java files using ANT/MAVEN build tool.
- Implemented MAVEN builds to automate artifacts like jar, war and ear.
- Implemented continuous Integration using tools such as Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Designed and developed Bamboo Build deployments.
- Managed nexus MAVEN repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
- Experience in managing source control systems GIT and SVN.
- Designing, creating and maintaining GIT repositories to client specifications.
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Worked on Apache and Tomcat servers for hosting web apps.
- Created and maintained Subversion repositories, branches and tags.
- Designed a Configuration Management solution using Puppet
- Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Branching and merging code lines in the Subversion and resolved all the conflicts rose during the merges.
- Hands on writing Shell scripts and Perl scripts for compilation deployment processes.
- Communicating with all levels of engineering, management, and developers, testing teams.
- Hands on trouble shooting skills, project documentation
Environment: Oracle Enterprise Linux, Solaris10, Puppet, ANT, MAVEN, Apache & Tomcat, GIT, SVN, shell & Perl scripting, Subversion, Bamboo.