- 9 years of experience as a Solaris System Administrator, implementing, configuring, administering, monitoring, supporting, troubleshooting and fine - tuning of Infrastructure.
- Proficient in Solaris 8/9/10/11 administration, Migrations, Virtualization, LDOM, Zones, ZFS, Snapshots, SMF, Performance analysis, Capacity planning, System security, EMC Networker backups, Recovery procedures and Oracle Management tools.
- Proficient in administration of Oracle Engineered Systems - Super Cluster, M Series, XSCF, T Series, ILOM, OBP, Storedge modular tape libraries and the legacy Sun hardware.
- Experience in Hitachi VSP administration (Hitachi Command Suite and Tuning Manager), HORCM management and Brocade products.
- Experience in Linux, AIX, Basic Shell Scripting and Middleware tools.
- Skilled in Service Continuity management, SOX Audits, Data Center processes, Safety and Disaster Recovery implementation.
- Proficient in ITIL processes and BMC Remedy - Change management, Incident management, Problem management and Configuration management.
Operating Systems: Solaris 8/9/10/11, Linux and AIX
Hardware: Oracle Super Cluster, ZFS appliance, SPARC T5-8, T4-4, T5240, M4000, M3000, Sun Fire servers 15K, V1280, V890, V880, V440, V480, V280R, V240, Enterprise E4500 and E450 servers, Hitachi VSP, Hitachi 9985V and 9990V, IBM Sequent Servers, SL500 and SL150 tape libraries, Brocade and InfiniBand Switches.
Networking: NFS, DNS, SSH, Telnet, Rlogin, SAN and Send Mail.
Tools: Ops Center, SGD, OEM, HCS, HTnM, Keon, Autosys, Remedy, GSMS, Cfgdist, Slog, Auto-migrate and Opsware.
Sr. Solaris Administrator
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Requirement analysis for server consolidation, archival and migration from T 5240’s, T 4-4’s, M4000, M3000 to Oracle Super Cluster T 5-8’s.
- Participate in planning and POC (proof of concepts).
- Consolidate development and test containers followed by production.
- Build new global zone and Solaris 10 containers for archiving old databases.
- Brainstorming sessions with Oracle and Hitachi to understand the lift and shift methodologies of Solaris 10 containers onto Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 LDOMs.
- Conduct timing tests of various migration methods.
- Patch administration and compatibility checks.
- LDOM configurations and container builds.
- Hitachi Command Suite 7 administration - LUN creation, dual presentation and performance monitoring
- Business communications on the migration plan and outage details.
- Migrate production containers using dual presentation and ZFS send/receive using incremental snapshots.
- LTO6 tape labeling and SL150 tape library configuration.
- Tweak Memory, CPU and other system parameters to obtain optimum performance.
- Preparation of Disaster recovery plan and implementation of DR test.
- Log Oracle platinum gateway support cases for issues.
- Representation in change advisory board (CAB) meetings.
- Ensure all the incidents and service requests are raised according to the priority and resolved within the SLA’s.
- Log problem tickets for repetitive incidents.
- Represent RFC’s in the CAB meetings and ensure all the production changes are done following the implementation plan and remediation plan if required.
- Trained and certified in the FI Datacenter HSSE policies and processes.
- Arrange permits and security clearance for the vendor engineers and the goods.
- Ensure that the tape handing process follows the chain of custody.
Environment: Solaris 10/11, Oracle Super Cluster, ZFS appliance, T 5-8, T 4-4, T 5240, M4000, M3000, LDOM, ZFS, Zones, Snapshots, Hitachi VSP, SL150 tape library, LTO6 tapes, Ops Center 12c, SGD, HCS, Brocade ICX 6450, Oracle InfiniBand switch, Legato Networker.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Team lead for the Unix team and responsible for the delivery of production support.
- Solaris 8 and Solaris 10 zones and ldoms administration.
- Build and decommission of Solaris containers.
- Install standard software’s as per the client requirement.
- Troubleshooting of OS issues.
- Zpool and ZFS administration.
- Snapshot management.
- Managing System Services using SMF.
- Performance monitoring, analysis and administration.
- Perform online/offline memory and CPU allocations.
- Troubleshoot disk performance issues.
- Analyze CPU and memory utilization.
- Capacity planning - Storage, CPU and Memory.
- Package and patch administration on Solaris machines.
- Physical-to-Virtual and Virtual-to-Virtual migrations.
- Systems security and SOX audits.
- Hardware replacements - Oracle, Hitachi and Data Center co-ordinations.
- Create and assign LUNS.
- HDT and DP pools performance monitoring.
- HORCM management - PVOL and SVOL’s
- SAN administration and management (Brocade switches).
- Legato Networker administration.
- Jukebox administration and management.
- Tape handling and capacity planning.
- Backup and recovery using customized Legato Networker and troubleshooting backup issues. Tapes and save set cloning.
- Perform DR test (D3+) every 12 months and ensure that the RTO and RPO are met.
- Act as the test administrator to engage all the technical and application teams and ensure that the documentation is up to date.
Environment: Solaris 8/9/10,T 4-4, T 5240, M4000, M3000, LDoms, ZFS, Zones, Snapshots, Hitachi USP-V, SL500, OEM, Ops Center 11g, HTnM, Legato Networker, Keon.
- Build new servers for applications in development, QA, production and DR environment.
- Software and application package administration and troubleshooting at user level and deployment management.
- Manage shared NFS files system, mounting and unmounting NFS server, NFS client on remote machine, sharing remote file folder, and managing the SMF services.
- Responsible for daily tasks such as user setup, group setup, install and upgrading Solaris servers.
- Patch management, Package management, and User administration.
- Supported development groups, application support teams and various external groups to resolve production issues.
- Write small shell scripts to automate administrative work.
- Work with legato networker tool to backup/retrieve the logs and transfer to FTP server at the request of the development to further investigate the incident.
- Tune kernel parameters based on the application/database requirement. Regularly monitored system performance with the help of system utilities.
- Responsible for conducting post incident review (PIR) meetings and to make sure to have RCA (root cause analysis) and permanent solution for incident.
- Follow ITIL Processes for Incident management, Change management and problem management.
- Administration of Solaris Zones, UFS and ZFS.
- Worked with the vendors on hardware replacement, microcode upgrades and firmware upgrades.
- Resolve tickets within the SLA.
- Raise RFC for changes in the production environment.
Environment: Solaris 6/8/9/10, T 5240, M4000, M3000, V1280, V890, V880, V440, V480, V280R, V240, ZFS, Zones, Snapshots, Hitachi USP, SL500, Legato Networker, Keon, Cfgdist, Slog, Auto-migrate.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of Solaris, AIX and Linux severs as per the requirement in the environment. Do all health checks for Severs after commissioning.
- Process administration and management like monitoring, start/stop/kill various process according to the user requirement.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining standalone Solaris and Linux severs. Configuring and maintaining Zones in Solaris 10.
- Monitoring system storage like disk space, and performing disk space maintenance on production as well as test servers.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues as per the Service Level Agreement. Daily task include resolving Service requests raised by customers on priority basis, raising (Normal/Emergency) Change requests as per requirement, and updating the changes in Centralized Inventory.
- As the part of daily task, troubleshooting Autosys job failures.
- Replacing failed hardware by raising a case to the vendor and communicating the same with team.
- Responsible for adding and creating new users and groups.
- Subscribing Solaris, AIX and Linux servers for backup. As the part of backup subscription, plumbing backup IPs for Linux, AIX and Solaris servers. Also doing TSM configuration as per the user requirement.
- Coordinating and interfacing with outside vendors, end users, other department team members, and service providers to resolve issues
- Provided 24x7support of mission critical system including, software, security and working with other IT departments to resolve problems.
Environment: Solaris 8/10, Linux, AIX, Sun Fire servers 15K, V1280, V890, V880, V440, V480, V280R, V240, Enterprise E4500 and E450 servers, IBM Sequent Servers, AutosysLegato and TSM backups.