- Over 8+ years of substantial IT experience with expertise in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation, Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and DevOps processes for Agile projects.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), IAM, EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, SNS, and Lambda focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling with Cloud watch monitoring.
- Expertise creating complex and custom IAM policies, Roles, and user management for delegated administration within AWS.
- Experience in deploying and monitoring applications on various platforms using Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Good amount of experience in developing AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups.
- Managing and analyzing the petabyte-scalable data using AWS Redshift cluster.
- Deploying big data applications and Hadoop frameworks using EMR.
- Experience in working with EC2 Container Service and integrating with JENKINS.
- Hands on experience in monitoring using Nagios, Splunk and Cloudwatch.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet & Ansible.
- Extensive Experienced in writing Ansible playbooks and Modules to automate our Build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web end application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, and Tomcat.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Knowledge on Scripting Languages like Ruby, Perl, Bash, Python, Shell & Java.
- Experience on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Registry.
- Installation and configuration of ELK stack in both legacy and Docker swarm mode
- Experience on setting up Docker containers and orchestrated using Kubernetes.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, configuration and administration of Red Hat Virtual machines in Vmware Environment.
- Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments
- Excellent client relation skills and the drive to complete tasks effectively, and efficiently where customer service and technical skills are demanded.
Languages: Java, python, Ruby, JSON, HTML, Shell, Bash.
OS: Microsoft Windows, Linux (CentOS, Redhat), OS X.
CI | CD | CM Tools: Jenkins, Chef, puppet, Ansible, Docker, apache tomcat, Redshift, ECR, ECS.
Virtualization Technologies: Oracle VM Virtual Box, VMware, Vagrant.
Databases: DB2, MongoDB, MySQL, PostGIS, Aurora.
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, EBS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Route53, Identity and Access Management (IAM), CloudWatch, ECR, EMR, ECS, Redshift, AMI.
AWS / DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features which include EC2, VPC, IAM, Simple Notification Services (SNS), Relational Database System (RDS), Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Elastic Beam Stack (EBS), Cloud Watch, Cloud-Formation AWS Config, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, S3.
- Used Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users. Also, managed roles and permissions of users to AWS account through IAM.
- Working on AWS EC2 Instances creation, setting up VPC, launching EC2 instances and different kind of private and public subnets based on the requirements for each of the applications.
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Created various Amazon Machine Images (AMI) to launch similar instances in future.
- Setup elastic load-balancers for different applications to ensure high availability of applications.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type.
- Utilized S3 Data pipeline to move data to AWS Redshift and application deployment and data migration on AWS Redshift.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server in AWS cloud platform.
- Installed and configured Splunk monitoring tool, while using it for monitoring network services and host resources.
- With integration of Splunk for AWS gain in-depth visibility and rapid insights into AWS administration and account activity like unauthorized access attempts, simultaneous logins from disparate locations and changes to access control privileges.
- Experience in using EMR to run HADOOP clusters using AWS resources like EC2 virtual server instances and integrating EMR with amazon S3 to store input and output data.
- Experienced in J2EE application development using web servers like Apache and application servers like WebLogic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code.
- Utilized Code Pipeline for Continuous delivery of the code and faster application deployment. Source code from Git hub is utilized for Continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Integrated Ansible with Jenkins to provide Automation, Continuous Integration and Managed nodes over SSH/Power shell using Ansible.
- Experience in working with EC2 Container Service plug-in in JENKINS which automates the Jenkins master-slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system and Used Ansible to Orchestrate software updates, Web apps, Environment configuration files and verify functionality.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline and developed python modules for ansible customization. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks and Modules.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for micro services using Ansible.
- Utilize Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS and installed puppet master and configured multiple agents to master.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Use EC2 Container Service (ECS) to support Docker containers to easily run applications on a managed cluster of Amazon EC2 instances.
- Experience working on Docker containerization, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Developed procedures to unify streamline and automate applications development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker swarm.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
Environment: EC2, VPC, IAM, S3, Simple Notification Services (SNS), Relational Database System (RDS), Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Auto Scaling, ELK, Elastic Bean Stack (EBS), AMI, Amazon Route 53, Amazon Redshift, Elastic Block Storage(EBS), Cloud formation, Cloudfront, GIT, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Nagios, Splunk, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Tomcat, JBOSS, Python.
AWS / DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Boise, ID
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Configured and managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), to avoid single point of failure applications, thus providing high availability and network load balancing.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Experience in configuring Amazon EC2 instances and launching the new instances with same configuration by using AMI's (Amazon Machine Images).
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Implementing EC2 backup strategies by creating EBS snapshots and attaching the volume to EC2 instances.
- Migrated test and use cases for applications to AWS cloud with public and private IP ranges to accelerate development productivity by decreasing test-run times.
- Utilize Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, Dynamo DB tables, EBS volumes; to set alarms for notification or automated actions; and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Created ANT, Maven and shell scripts to automate the build process and deployment.
- AWS Import/Export accelerates moving large amounts of data into and out of AWS using portable storage devices for transport.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Designed and created Cloud Formation templates to create stacks.
- Wrote Lambda function in python scripts for AWS lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Monitoring of servers using Nagios tool, which is used to ensure systems application and services are functioning properly.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Experience in automating applications using udeploy.
- Integrated services like GitHub, AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins and AWS Elastic Beanstalk to create a deployment pipeline.
- Experience in variety of configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
Environment: EC2, VPC, IAM, S3, ELB, EBS, Security groups, Route tables, Cloudwatch, Cloudformation, AWS Auto scaling, RDS, EMR, Elastic Beanstalk, GIT, GITHUB, Chef, Puppet Ansible, Nagios, Ant, Maven, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Developed and supported the software Release Management and procedures.
- Created and maintained several build definitions and publish profiles to handle automated builds in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories from the GITHUB and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation in Subversion/GIT and interfaced between development and infrastructure.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby.
- Automated the build and release management process, including monitoring changes between releases.
- Used Ant and Maven as a build tool on Java projects for the development of building Artifacts on the source code.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell.
- Worked with Git, GitHub and Ant, Maven, Gradle builds integrated and configured in Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Shell/Python scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Involved in configuration and support of a production environment hosted in a 24x7 setup.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet community and Puppet Enterprise.
- Develop and enhance the automated configuration management system, by Creating Chef Automation tools and builds, and make an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using Knife.
- Involved in writing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for CD framework.
- Experience in different tools for monitoring the health checkups using Nagios.
Environment: GIT, GITHUB, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Nagios, ANT, MAVEN, Python, Shell scripting.
Unix/Linux System Administrator
- Manage virtualized servers with VMware.
- Performed day-to-day Systems Administration activities related to Red hat such as User Administration and Security Management, Disk Management, Package Installation, Storage Management and disaster recovery.
- Create and extend physical volumes, volume groups. Resize existing logical volumes for additional space requirements
- Install new servers using kick start installation & configuration method.
- Provided installation, configuration & maintenance of pre-prod and production Cloud environments including services such as Tomcat, Apache, Jetty, Jabber, Openfire, Kickstart, MySQL, Jira, etc.
- Implementation and administration of DNS, DHCP and WINS.
- Monitoring of web servers using Nagios monitoring tool.
- Monitoring and log management on UNIX and Linux servers, including processes, crash and swap management, with password recovery and performance tuning.
- Responsible in maintaining up-to-date documentation of IT activities.
Environment: VMware, Red hat, Kickstart, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Nagios.
- Installed and configured operating system RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL4/5), CentOS 4/5 and Solaris 9/10.
- Worked in Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Servers.
- Installed Operating System with Jumpstart for Solaris and Kickstart for Linux.
- Work side by side with system engineers, throughout development stages like Installation, deployment and done troubleshooting of systems per the needy and maintained zero downtime reach for the web servers.
- Worked extensively in using VI editor to edit necessary files writing shell script.
- Package management like Install, remove and update and querying packages using RPM tool.
- Worked with Red Hat Package Manager RPM and YUM.
- Added Disk Space and managed various file system on the Linux and UNIX servers.
- Maintenance of Logical Volume Management (LVM) and RAID in Linux.
- Creating and deploying LVM, resizing the logical volume and volume group.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Made backups of important files using the tar, zip, gzip and other compressing utilities.
- Performed Job scheduling using crontab utility.
- Install operating system patches and upgrades in coordination with the requirements of other software components and client.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck.
- Remote system administration using SSH and FTP.
Environment: RedHat, CentOS, Solaris, RPM, YUM, LVM, SSH, FTP, tar, patches, RAID, putty.