- 9 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on AWS/DevOps, Software Configuration and Build/Release Management, Linux Administration and support.
- Currently working as AWS DevOps engineer/Build and release engineer in field of release automation for java and dot net technologies to achieve continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI and CD).
- Working on AWS provisioning AWS EC2 Infrastructure and deploying applications in AWS Elastic load balancing.
- Working on AWS EC2 Instances Provisioning, AWS VPC setup, AWS Auto Scaling for availability of EC2 Instances and availability of applications.
- Creating AWS EC2 instances in secured private subnet and deploying them in load balancing, assigning Elastic IP Addresses for AWS EC2 instances.
- Involved in maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, DynamoDB and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Worked on AWS EBS, storage service AWS S3 (buckets creation, folder navigation and property changes) and data migration.
- Configured the area 0, sub areas of OSPFand EIGRP Configuration.
- Monitoring Cassandracluster for resource utilization.
- Managing Cassandraclusters using Data stax OpscenterExperience in cloud stack such as AWS Cloud formation and VMWARE stack.
- Experience with AWS EC2 Service using boto Python framework.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Well versed with nagios monitoring setup, Puppet automation for squid, beakers, apache, module automation for middle ware environments.
- Worked as a Application Engineer on the WAN & Active directory optimization project.
- Expertise in Puppet and chef for configuration management and infrastructure automation.
- Excellent skills in Linux Shell/Perl scripting experience.
- Design, Maintained, and upgraded various IDS and IPS solutions for clients. Vendors such as Snort, Tipping Point, McAfee, CiscoIDSM2, IOS IPS, ASAsolution.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Developed puppet manifests for different application and web servers like Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, WebLogic applications.
- Implemented rapid - provisioning and life-cycle management for Red Hat Linux using Puppet.
- Created and deployed a tool to automate branch and project creation in subversion using Perl and Chef and Puppet scripts
- Experience in cloud orchestration utilizing utilities like Opscode, Chef and Puppet labs.
- Experience in Chef automation including writing Cookbooks, customized recipes for test driven development environments.
- Knowledge of Chef Databags, ohai plugin, chef supermarket, provisioning concepts and all various cookbook components.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like JENKINS, Bamboo
- Experience in working with AWS EC2 Container Service plugin in JENKINS which automates the JENKINS master-slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Working with Cloudforms Implementation Team, Managing Cloud Platform using Red hat CloudForms.
- Document manual system-provisioning processes in efforts to begin automation through CloudForms.
- Establish and employ Continuous Integration/Delivery practices using tools such as Jenkins, SVN, Sonatype Nexus, Git, ansible, cloudforms.
- Also worked with Mac OS operating system.
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like JENKINS, Subversion GIT.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis Techniques like Check styles, Find Bugs, JUnit, with CI tools like JENKINS.
- Created Jenkins builds and deployed to application server using uDeploy for java, .NET and SharePoint applications.
- Integrated Jenkins with uDeploy and Created uDeploy Components, uDeploy process, installed uDeploy agents on both windows and Linux machines according to application team requirements.
- Helped developers in creating uDeploy snapshots, adding version to the snapshot during production installs.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Involved in IOS & Android hybrid Mobile Application development using Titanium (Classic & Alloy) framework.
- Install and configure the RabbitMQ environment for the Analytics and setup the supervisor for managing process availability.
- Implementation and Deployment of UrbanCode/UDeploy application to dynamically deploy Company Website Build's.
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of source control management concepts such as Branching, Merging, Labeling/Tagging and Integration.
- Experience in writing Ansible scripts and heavy Shell, Perl, Python scripting.
- Extensive experience in using Build Automation scripting like, Apache ANT, Maven 3
- Experience in Deploying Apache Tomcat web server, IIS Server, Oracle web logic.
- Expert in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Well-versed in developing Bash scripting, Python, Perl, Ruby scripts for infrastructure automation.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity to defining and creating applications or services by encapsulating them in containers
- Experience with Docker container configuration, activation, handling live webhosting & troubleshooting.
- Used Docker containers for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Have worked on Docker container snapshot, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Knowledge on various components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Assisted in troubleshooting IBM BPMProcess Center related configuration errors or settings.
- Used Open stack in the chef for deployment process.
- Used VMware as a virtualization machine between the two different operating systems.
- Used AWS as to maintain model and manage the entire application.
- Hands on micro services and cloud native applications as an architect
- Experience in application development, debugging, implementation, supporting dev team, testing of Oracle based ERP using SQL, PLSQL etc.
- Experience in building and deploying Java applications and troubleshooting the build and deploy failures.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Version Tools: ClearCase, SVN, GIT, CVS
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo
Web technologies: HTML, XML, JAVA Script,CSS, .Net, Servlets
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Languages: C, C++, Perl scripting, Shell scripting, Java, Python Scripting
Database: MySQL, Sql server, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows server 2008, 2012, Client OS: Win XP, Win 7,8, 10. LINUX (RHEL 4/5/6/7), UNIX (11.0,11.11,11.23), centos
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP quality center, Fisheye
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Open stack, Docker
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
- Working on AWS EC2 Instances creation, setting up AWS VPC, launching AWS EC2 instances different kind of private and public subnets based on the requirements for each of the applications.
- Working on AWS Elastic load balancing for deploying applications in high availability.
- The code used OpenCL to perform massively parallel GPUcomputation.
- Provided accurate, specific and timely information to both parties while serving on the Penelec/GPU merger committee.
- Working on AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications by using AWS Cloud Watcher.
- Installing and configuring the Terraform and building the infrastructure using terraform configuration file.
- Working on GPU
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing terraform code.
- Used AWS S3 to store code bundles to deploy onto AWS EC2 Instances.
- Working on providing DNS management using AWS Route53.
- Implemented a lightweight security vault based on AWS instance roles, Credstash and KMS, with a DynamoDB backend.
- Involved in designing, capacity planning and implementing multi-rack Cass and racluster.
- Implemented and administered Data center CassandraClusters based on the knowledge of architecture and data modeling for Cassandraapplications.
- Have experience in setting up SNS in AWS.
- Responsible for managing AWS infrastructure provisioning (S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups - CIDR's, VCP, NAT) and deployment and EC2 Installs with CentOS, Ubuntu and RHEL 6 and Scientific Linux.
- Worked hands-on to create automated, containerized cloud application platforms (PAAS), and design and implement DevOps processes that use those platforms.
- Utilized Perl and Python for GIT.
- Able to create scripts for system administration using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Set up and maintain continuous automated build system with Jenkins, ClearCase and Perl/Python scripting.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Implemented Python scripts by using stranded libraries for getting the all the agent logs.
- Used Python API for uploading all the agent logs into AWS S3 storage.
- Worked on Chef for configuration management and infrastructure automation
- Worked on Chef Automation including writing Cookbooks and customized recipes for test driven development environments.
- Hand coding HTML 5, CSS3, JS - responsive UI using Twitter Bootstrap framework
- Provided accurate, specific and timely information to both parties while assisting on thePenelec/GPUmerger and the GPU/First Energy merger committees Safety.
- Automated installing the Linux packages and administering Linux service using Chef, and automating product installation configuration
- Installed and configured Jenkins on Linux and windows environments.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration through a build farm for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the SVN source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, JUnit, Selenium and Maven.
- Created a build environment that creates baked images via Hashi corp Packer and Rundeck.
- Converted most apps into baked images via Hashi corp Packer.
- Monitoring of Application and Servers through Nagios. Web Servers Administration on Apache and Nginx.SQL queries and administration.
- Deployed Java 8/J2EE applications on to Apache Tomcat application servers and configured it to host the wiki website.
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts
- Used JIRA tool to create and update stories and also for tracking project status.
- Documented all our build deploy methods, release calendar and desk procedures on WIKI confluence.
- Providing documentation on Install, Upgrade release guides for application to documentation team.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Deployed code on WebLogic Application Servers for UAT and Development environments.
- Worked on the Oracle databases in the backend to execute the DMLs and DDLs.
- Interact with developers and Enterprise Configuration Management Team for changes to best practices and tools to eliminate non-efficient practices and bottlenecks.
- Coordinate with Release Management regarding appropriate system releases among other development platforms.
Environment: - AWS, Chef, SVN, Jenkins, Web logic, JIRA, Oracle, Shell, Perl, WLST, Python, Ant, Maven, Java 8, Linux, Ruby, Shell script, Perl script.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Performed AWS Cloud administration managing EC2 instances, S3, SES and SNS services.
- Managed network security using AWS Load balancer, Auto - scaling, security groups and NACL's.
- Created Buckets inAWSand stored files. Enabled Versioning and security for files stored.
- Configured their Kubernetes cluster and supported it running on the top of the CoreOS.
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/costs using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Utilizing Cloud Watch and Logic Monitor to monitor resources such as EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS, and S3 etc. Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuringJenkinsservers,Jenkinsnodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- ProvisioningJenkinsenvironment for continuous integration by easing build and testing tasks for developers.
- Configured security and system inJenkins. Added multiple nodes toJenkinsand configured SSH for continuous deployments.
- UsedJenkinsand pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes
- UsingJenkinsAWSCode Deploy plugin to deploy toAWS.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools and Source Control repositories inJenkins.
- Writing plugins for monitoring tools (sensu) using Ruby cucumber.
- Created a scalable service discovery platform powered by Consul.
- Server configuration management via Chef and System orchestration via Ansible.
- Provide first- and second-tier support for Apple Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows clients and servers; provide third-tier support for Apple Mac OSX and Linux servers
- Maintain Chef servers and management application that can use ServiceNow (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines
- Extensive understanding in creating and managing View Models, Controllers, Views, Partial Views and Action Filters using ASP.NETMVC.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Mobile Application development for AMPT (Audience & Multi-Platform Technologies) developing Mobile Application to promote specific franchises as well as the overall company branding. Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX - Bash, Shell script etc.
Environment: AWS, EC2, SNS, SES, Web Servers,Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, VMware, Solaris 9/10/11, Red hat Linux, Java, Maven, Apache Kubernetes, Cucumber.
Build and Release Consultant
- Maintained and Administered GIT Source Code Tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Developed Processes, Tools, Automation for Jenkins based Software forBuildsystem and delivering SW Builds.
- Managed Build results in Jenkins and Deployed using workflows.
- Delivered specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Modeled the structure for Multi-tiered applications orchestrate the processes to Deploy each tier.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for Agile development in Subversion.
- Created Branches, and performed Merges in Source Tree& Stash.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used Jenkins for Automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Very strong Project Management experience performing ITIL RM /SCMactivities.
Environment: Jenkins, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Python, BASH & KORN Shell, JAVA/J2EE, Websphere.
System Administrator/Network Engineer
- As System Administrator and Network Engineer for network support and backup administration team which manages network system support for 150+ desktops and servers managed by the organization through SMART Xchange USA. Managed data center applications and hardware servers supporting applications, including Unix, Citrix and VMware virtual servers, backups for all servers utilizing EMC Networker (Linux based server), and network troubleshooting/maintenance.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kick start based network installation.
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4. xservers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Managing Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
- Managing Matrix Telecommunication systems.
- Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
- Wrote bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers.
- Administering NFS Mounts.
- Designed bash, ksh, and Perl scripts to automate application and system management activities.
- Evaluate technologies to determine rapid conversions of courses developed in ActionScript 3 to HTML
- Configured firewall based on Red hat Linux and FreeBSD 6.x that has three network interfaces.
- Administer International Enterprise Level WAN Windows OS & Server technologies.
- Engineered and Implemented internal security via active directory.
- Configure, maintain multiple SonicWALL, WatchGuard’s for international network security.
- Manage automated access entry systems and Alarm Lock DL2000/3000 system by monitoring access.
Environment: UNIX/Linux, AIX, Perl, Shell, Monitoring system resources, SFRAC, TSM, Bash, Redhat, WAN, SonicWALL, Bash, Ksh, Perl, VMware.
- Installation of software, patching, upgrading and maintenance of OS. Installation, upgrade and maintenance of server hardware components as per requirement.
- Install and configure Apache, Tomcat, etc. Troubleshoot Windows 2003 Servers and streamlining the user policies.
- Patch installation, regular maintenance.
- Supporting 50+ Servers for multi locations.
- Oracle installation & system level support to clients.
- Amendment of existing scripts as well as writing new Bourne and Korn scripts related to repeated systems administration tasks.
- Troubleshooting and resolving of problems related to hardware, operating systems, third party applications and scripts.
- Backup Schedules for Solaris and Windows Servers using DLT Tape drives.
- DNS, NFS, NIS administration.
- Installation, Configuration of Web Servers using Apache, IIS on Solaris and NT Servers.
- Installation and configuration of Windows NT4.0, MS Back Office Products
- Network Solutions to various clients using Windows NT.
- Configuring Windows 95, 98 and NT workstations in NT domains.
- Installation of RAS on Windows NT server.
- Managing User accounts using Active Directory.
- Escalating calls and incidents where necessary to senior managers & team leaders. Updating support documentation.
- Answering & responding to all calls & requests within agreed time scales.
- Keeping customers updated as to progress.
- Provide troubleshooting and configuration support for client desktop and networking environment.
Environment: Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux v4/5, SQL, PL/SQL, shell scripts, SQL Load, Toad, Windows, Putty, Storage.