Senior Windows Systems Engineer/Active Directory Architecture position involving the development of Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Enterprise Active Directory (AD) Architecture, technology infrastructure, information systems, Exchange … Systems, Office 365, Lync 2013, System Center and strategic plans
Senior Messaging Migration Engineer
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- I am responsible for the actual non - contiguous cross forest migration from Corp\Exchange 2007 to G05\Exchange 2010 and associated Triole Service tickets.
- This was accomplished using Exchange PowerShell for the migration of all Shared and Resource/Room mailboxes and Binary Tree E2E for the migration of all user mailboxes to facilitate proper client progress notifications.
- Post migration processes were all performed using Exchange PowerShell.
- Decommissioning of the Exchange 2007 environment has commenced post migration completion.
- Recapture of the existing whitespace and realignment of the existing databases will also be accomplished.
- I am also currently the principle POC for the FAI Exchange 2010 production environment.
Senior Windows Systems Administrator and Architect
Confidential, Stanford, CA
- I was responsible for the planning, development, documentation, security, reliability, performance and availability of all Windows systems, services and applications in a diverse and distributed computing environment.
- I was actively engaged in managing projects, identifying process efficiencies, establishing productive vendor relationships as well acting as a team lead and mentor to the junior system administrators on my team.
- I was required to function at the GURU level and be the Windows go to person.
- I was required to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of Active Directory, GPO creation and management, Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Exchange 2007. 2010 and 2013, WSUS, SCOM, SCDPM, SCCM, DFS, enterprise monitoring and server load balancing.
- I was responsible for creating and maintaining all GOLD disk and installation flash drives.
- I was required to employ IBM Tivoli End Point Manager BigFix to distribute all required patches, hotfixes, and updates in an ITIL restricted environment employing separate PBH's for each ring. I was required to demonstrate a practical and working knowledge of Confidential, virtualization, and migration.
- I was responsible for creating and maintaining the run books for all assigned systems and posting all desired documentation to Confluence.
- I was also Primary point of contact for the 24x7 on-call support rotation.
Senior Exchange Systems Engineer
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Short term contract to complete a Windows 2003 to Windows 2008R2 migration when the previous SA had abruptly departed.
- Migration completed successfully and all previous DC's shut down and decommissioned appropriately.
Senior Systems Engineer and Active Directory Architect
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Short term contract to repair a damaged Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory implementation and reattach a geographically distant site which had become tombstoned.
- Was also request to prepare and submit a recommendation for a campus upgrade of their wireless system which had become end of life.
- All meetings were scheduled, surveys and analyses prepared and quotes presented.
Senior System Engineer and Office 365 Cloud Architect
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Responsible for managing a multi-site global 24/7 environment.
- To design, test, and rollout a Microsoft AD and Exchange 2010 environment integrated with the Confidential (SaaS) Archiving System.
- Help ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting are in place for the infrastructure.
- Support multiple Confidential vSphere environments.
- Work with and provide cross training to other Operations team members to help ensure adequate overall coverage.
- Troubleshoot and resolving escalated issues.
- Capacity planning for all aspects of the infrastructure and developing and maintaining processes, tools, and documentation in support of the production environment.
- Participate in evaluation of new software, hardware and infrastructure solutions and participate in on-call rotation and be available 24/7 in an escalation capacity.
- Upgrade the corporate AD domain infrastructure from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008.
- Create a Windows System Update Service (WSUS) infrastructure for the corporate environment.