- 7+ years of experience on DevOps Engineer, and had experience with the Cloud and monitoring processes as well as DevOps development in Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
- Experience on AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Installing configuration and maintenance of Web servers (apache), App Servers (Tomcat) and Database servers (SQL, MySql, Oracle).
- Good experience on DevOps tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Opswork,Virtual Box, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT, and Docker.
- Ensure data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be build and operated on AWS.
- Built clouds with OpenStack and AWS.
- Great comprehension of AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS), different volume sorts and use of various sorts of EBS volumes in the light of necessity.
- By using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), Provided security and managed user access and quota, including creating new Policies for user management in JSON
- Good knowledge of S3 storage techniques, for example versioning, life cycle strategies, cross region replication, Glacier and Amazon Management Console
- Experienced in Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers for Administration in Production, Development and Test environment's.
- Installing Docker, Configuring and Managing Containers, Docker Images for Web Servers and Applications servers, for example, Apache, Tomcat utilizing Docker and coordinated with Amazon MySQL RDS database.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Hudson, Bamboo and Sonatype Nexus.
- Worked as a System Administrator Manage all computing activities in a modest - sized active and diverse academic department with an international user base.
- AWS CLI Auto Scaling and Cloud Watch Monitoring creation and update.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as Power Shell, BASH and Python.
- Expertise in all build/release engineering tasks associated with the component/software/ production releases.
- Upgraded server using RPM package Manager and YUM.
- Extensively worked on end to end automation of infrastructure and continuous delivery of the applications by coordinating Cloud Formation scripts, Jenkins, AWS and CHEF cookbooks and recipes.
- Making codes by utilizing the scripting languages like Python and essential Ruby
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef & Jenkins.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure, GCP, Open Stack
Operating Systems: RedHat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, UNIX, Solaris, Windows
Configuration Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT
Devops: Chef, Puppet, AWS, VMware, Google Cloud.
Web/App servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, HTTP Server.
Scripting Language: Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, uDeploy
Containers: Docker & Kubernetes
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Dynamo DB, MS-Sql.
Additional Tools: Solid works, Auto Cad
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Configured the Jenkins continuous integration server, Using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration tool for Installing and configuring Jenkins Master and hooking up with different build slaves. Automated Java application builds using tools such as Ant and Maven
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Used IAM to create and manage AWS users and groups, and use permissions to allow and deny their access to AWS resources.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Assisted in the migration of the existing data center into theAWS environment.
- Setup the Chef Nodes, Chef Client, Chef Server, and Chef Workstation, worked on Bootstrapping the Nodes
- Architect and supportAWSPrivate Cloud implementation
- Utilizing Docker in Environment variables, Configuration records, Option sorts and Strings.
- Automated deployment process and introduce Continous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
- Administering Oracle Enterprise Linux including Yum and RPM packaging
- Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server
- Worked with automated deployment and continuous integration of existing Devops platform.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure, Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Onboard new applications to test and production environment.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments, Experience on resolving issues to support applications.
- Used knife command line tool to manage the nodes, cookbooks, recipes, roles, environments and data bags
- Introduce new infrastructure designs for better load balancing and ensure high system availability.
- Testing Puppet modules with puppet before uploading to puppet server.
- Ansible Playbooks for zero-downtime installation, upgrade, downgrade, and uninstall processes, Managed configurations of multiple servers using Ansible
- Set up Elastic Load Balancers for different applications to ensure high availability of applications
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, check-in policies, improving code quality, Automated gated check-ins, defining backup and archival plans.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Release management to ensure stable binary, configuration and meta data roll out in UAT and PROD. Resolving incidents and service requests in UAT and PROD.
Environment: Linux, Jenkins, Docker, GIT, WebLogic Server, Tomcat Server, Apache Server, Chef, Ruby, Nexus, AWS, S3, ROUTE 53, VPC, VM's, AWS Cloud Formation, EC2.
Confidential, Ridgefield Park, NJ
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Assisted in migrating the existing data center into the AWS environment.
- Installed Jenkins/Plug-ins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository and Deployed Apps using custom modules through Puppet as a CI/CD Process
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3 and ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Configured and managed GIT plug-ins in Jenkins server.
- Used GIT Hub repository to run Jenkins job for Continuous Integration.
- Created end to end automation of Continuous Deployment and Configuration Management in deploy.
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, Dynamo DB tables, EBS volumes; to set alarms for notification or automated actions; and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Experience with writing Python scripts to automate some of the EC2 instance tasks.
- Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into Chef to be used by developers.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Experience working on Docker, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Comfortable and flexible with installing, updating and configuring various flavors of UNIX and Windows.
- Experience in IaaS managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management i.e., Chef.
- Documented allbuildandreleaseprocess related items. Level one support for all thebuildand deploy issues encounter during thebuildprocess.
- Configuring Jenkins for continuous integration(CI) for servers and Git lab for triggering automatic builds using Git in source code management.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure automation tooling (AWS cloud formation, EBS)
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nginx and Application Servers such as Tomcat, Oracle web logic sever.
- Installing and configuring services such as Apache, DNS, SMTP, HTTPD, NTP, DHCP and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Wrote Puppet modules for installing and managing Java versions and managing persistent SSH tunnels.
- Developed Puppet Manifests using ruby for provisioning applications and scripts.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
Environment: EC2,RDS,S3, IAM, VPC,Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail,SNS, EBS, Route 53, ELB, Amazon Machine image, Elastic Bean Stack, Python (boto), Shell scripting, Linux, MySQL, Jira, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Puppet, GIT, App Dynamics, Rundeck, Dockers, Rack Space
Confidential, Westlake Village, CA
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, SSH, Amazon EC2 etc.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of devops tools like Puppet
- Created the naming strategy for branches and labels and involved continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and Continually build as the check-in’s come from the developer.
- Developed a continuous deployment pipeline using Jenkins, Ruby/shell scripts.
- Supporting Local System Administrators to troubleshoot Configuration Management and Network issues.
- Created and maintained continuous build and continuous integration environments in SCRUM and Agile projects.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Experience in administrating, deploying and managing UBUNTU and CENTOS servers.
- Deployed puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Implemented puppet modules for server housekeeping.
- Writing modules for Installation and Updating of Yum repositories on the Server using Puppet infrastructure.
- Actively involved in architecting the puppet infrastructure to manage servers in different environments.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Used both GIT and BIT bucket source control systems to manage code.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Involved in writing pom files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven in multiple environments.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Puppet or custom-built cloud-hosted solutions.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling, and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
- Understanding of developing and testing enterprise products, with current focus on cloud based application and giving solution to challenges imposed by multi data center deployed SaaS products and their needs for DevOps tools and automation.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, AWS EC2, WebLogic, TOMCAT, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Ruby Scripts, XML, Unix, JIRA, AWS.
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting on Unix/Linux platform.
- Performed deployment of application code to production environments.
- Perform softwarebuildsusing version control tool IBM Rational ClearCase (UCM and BASE).
- Build and deploys J2EE applications in Web Sphere.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using SVN version control tools.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in Subversion.
- Developed automation scripting in Python to deploy some applications.
- Used Puppet to maintain configuration on Linux servers.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of thebuildandreleaseprocess.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Responsible for building and releasing packages for testing
- UsedJenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process
- Used Clear Quest as Ticketing Tracking tool
- Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on Remedy tickets.
- Trained offshore team for knowledge transfer.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Unix, Maven, GIT, ANT, Jenkins, Web Sphere. Python Clear Case, ANT, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Clear Quest, Hyper-V, Stash.
- Performed builds on Java projects using ANT and MAVEN as build tools.
- Regular builds are initiated using the continuous integration tool like Jenkins.
- Configured Jenkins for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Implemented MAVEN builds to automate artifacts like jar, war and ear.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for various applications according to agile process.
- Managed sona type nexus repositories to download the artifacts during the build
- Experience in managing source control systems GIT and SVN.
- Designing, creating and maintaining GIT repositories to client specifications.
- Installation, configuration and management of Apache Tomcat servers.
- Able to use Puppet and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Working experience on Scrum methodology.
- Coordinated with all the teams before and after the production deployments for the smooth production releases.
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of release for the emergency releases and coordinated with different teams.
- Created a complete release process documentation, which explains all the steps involved in the release process.
Environment: ANT, MAVEN, Apache & Tomcat, shell scripting, Subversion, GIT, Puppet, Jenkins, Windows 2000/XP, LINUX (RHEL 4/5).
Jr. Linux / UNIX Administrator
- Involved in development, user acceptance, and performance testing, production & disaster recovery server.
- Experience in responding to on call services regarding problems in network, work station, & capability of fixing them.
- Worked on implementation of network technologies such as installation and configuration of routed protocols.
- Designed bash and Perl scripts to automate application and system management activities.
- Able to handle System tuning, log maintenance and disk space management etc.
- Involved in writing shell scripts for automated installations to extract logs.
- Installed and configured UNIX tools.
- Installation, configuration, performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Linux/Unix environment.
- Played a role in adding servers to DNS record for back-end and front-end lookup.
- Wrote shell scripts for running jobs on servers.
- Troubleshooter issues with applications such as network, user hardware, naming services.
- Knowledgeable in Disaster Recovery plans for cold backup site.
- Documented software usage procedures, process of installation of operating systems.
- Worked on giving 24x7 production support for the team.
Environment: UNIX, Linux, Perl, Bash, port security, shell, DNS.