- 7 years’ experience as Linux administrator, DevOps engineer and Cloud engineer maintaining and administrating all the cloud platforms like AWS, GCP& Azure and DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Terraform, Maven, Ant, GIT, Bitbucket, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Docker and Kubernetes
- Skilled in AWScloud services like Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), EC2 instances, S3 buckets for storing the various classes of data, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB), Autoscaling Groups, Relational Database Services (RDS), IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail.
- Used Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services like Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud DNS, Cloud Storage and SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of Cloud computing architecture and implementation using GCP.
- Expert in developing PowerShell scripts and Azure Resource Management (ARM) templates to automate the provisioning and deployment process. Proficient in creating Resource groups using the Azure resources and assigning them to various groups.
- Proficient in defining cloud network architecture using Azure virtual networks, VPN and express route to establish the connectivity between on premises and cloud.
- Experienced in Application Deployment, uploading & storing application data, examining and storing the application meta data on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) using CF push.
- Experienced in creating the playbooks for OpenStack deployments with Ansible and deploying the tested playbooks in Docker containers.
- Used build automation tool called Maven which is installed with Jenkins on chef server and in java projects for the creation of build artifacts on the source code. Used Ruby scripting and Chef DSL to create Chef cookbooks and Chef Recipes comprising all resources, default and custom attributes, templates, Data bags.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes Involved in creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Used Docker in Environment variables, Configuration files, Option types and Strings & integers and experienced in creating Docker images for applications and setting up Networking around containers.
- Used the Kubernetes for clustering the Docker containers which are responsible to maintain the runtime environment throughout the CI/CD.
- Extensively worked with Scheduling, deploying, managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes and experienced in creating Kubernetes clusters work with frameworks running on the same cluster resources.
- Worked on installing and configuring the Jenkins, master and slave nodes, generating the SSH keys to establish the connection between Master and Slave nodes, plugin management and creating the various jobs to ensure the continuous integration.
- Good knowledge on New Relic monitoring tool in monitoring the health checks of the applications and New Relic Infrastructure to monitor CPU, network, RAM and processes.
- Good knowledge on New Relic monitoring tool in monitoring the health checks of the applications and New Relic Infrastructure to monitor CPU, network, RAM and processes.
- Experience in Bug Tracking tool like JIRA.
- Used Bamboo for building and Maintaining the Continuous integration effort with GIT along with scheduled builds and configured the Urban code deploy using Bamboo.
- Efficient on installing, configuring and administrating the GIT, GITHUB. Worked on implementing the GIT workflows and branching models.
- Experienced in developing the Maven scripts to automate the code compilation, deployment, testing and packaging the artifacts of Web applications.
- Good knowledge on building the ANT scripts for the automation and the ability to manage the pom.xml and build.xml files to achieve the proper deployment of the code.
- Ability to set up the monitoring tool called Nagios, monitor the infrastructure CI/CD pipeline, Database servers and Web servers using the Nagios.
- Excellent in installing, configuring and managing the RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Systems and provisioning& updating the patches in RHEL.
- Ability to manage the access to infrastructure for the groups and individuals, managing ownerships and the entire infrastructure with Unix/Linux.
- Hands - on experience on installing, configuring and administrating the Windows servers in both on premises and cloud.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux/Unix and MAC OS.
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Amazon Aurora, Dynamo DB
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo.
Continuous Deployment Tools: Dockers, Kubernetes Clusters.
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
Source Control Management and Versioning Tools: GIT, Bitbucket and SVN.
Code Build Tools: Maven, ANT and Gradle.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Orange Scrum and Rally.
Testing Plugin Tools: Junit and Selenium
Scripting languages: Python, SQL, XML, HTML, CSS3, Shell, JSON, YAML, Ruby, Perl.
Cloud Platforms: GCP, AWS, Azure, PCF
Cloud Migration, Infrastructure Spin-up Tools: Terraform, CloudFormation and Azure Resource Manager Templates.
Network Services and Topologies: LDAP, DNS, Web, FTP, Sub netting, LAN, VPC, WAN and firewalls.
Sr. DevOps AWS Engineer
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Formation, Lambda, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, Dynamo DB, Route53, and Cloud Trail.
- Launched AWS EC2 instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/Ubuntu/RHEL) for development, test and production environments. Responsible for the development and maintenance of Auto Scaling and Elastic Load Balancers.
- Set up AWS Security Groups which behave as Virtual firewalls controlling the traffic by allowing it to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create Ami’s for mission critical production servers for backup.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on Amazon AWS which included Python scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Worked on AWS Lambda functions in python for AWS's Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Worked on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components, and developing multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale deployments on Cloud Foundry.
- Ability in collaborating with other regional application migration to PCF engineering teams on addressing client engineering challenges, quickly resolving issues with migration activities and create re-usable “best practices” to support later migration activities.
- Created Terraform scripts to move existing on-premises applications to cloud to build the Infrastructure as Code and developed Cloud formation scripts and Terraform for leveraging different cases for Enterprise cloud platform.
- Utilized Terraform to create a repeatable infrastructure model for AWS Security Automation and Orchestration initiative.
- Developed agile processes using Groovy, JUnit to use continuous integration tools.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications. Worked with multiple development teams to troubleshot and resolve issues.
- Automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and YAML for resource declaration. And creating roles and updating Playbooks to provision servers by using Ansible.
- Installing, Configured and management in Ansible Centralized Server and creating the playbooks to support various middleware application servers, and involved in configuring the Ansible tower as a configuration management tool to automate repetitive task
- Worked on developing the architecture of microservice models with various software techniques like Docker Containerization and collaborated with the development support teams to set up a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch and Wrote Pod Configurations with multiple Containers using different Docker Images.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and build automation to create/pull/retag the Docker images and push the image to a Docker registry in the Aws cloud.
- Worked on Docker-Compose, Docker-Machine to create Docker containers for Testing applications in the QA environment and automated the deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts using Kubernetes.
- Managed Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks.
- Setting up huge Kubernetes platform with four clusters and provided assistance to various app teams.
- Configured Kubernetes Services type load balancer and Cluster IP to expose UI based application and migrated cluster CNI from Flannel to Kube Router to support Kubernetes network policies.
- Deployed and configured Prometheus to monitor Kubernetes nodes with node-exporter, monitor Kubernetes API and resources with Kube-state-metrics.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing terraform code and used terraform for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins to manage weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT with Development/Test/Production Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management and End-to-End automation of Build and Deployment process using Jenkins.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Deployed and configured Jira on hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts and setting up databases in AWS using RDS and migrating legacy databases to cloud.
- Developed shell scripts and cronjobs to migrate application data to cloud environment and to create data backup each day.
- Automated continuous build using Maven and deploy scripts for Continuous Integration tool Jenkins to enhance the overall operational environment.
Environment: AWS, IaaS, PaaS, VSTS, Terraform, EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB’s, Auto-scaling, CloudFormation, Json, YAML, Chef, Ansible, Ansible Vault, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, GIT, SonarQube, Nexus, Maven, Splunk, SQL, Azure Resource Groups, AWS AZ’s, Windows and IAM.
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on s3 buckets. Performed s3 buckets creation, polices and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template
- Used AWS CloudTrail for governing, compiling and auditing the Account, Auto-Scaling to Scale up and down depending on the needs, defined the Auto-Scaling groups, used CloudFormation to up the group of instances that are needed.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/ storage using AWS Cloud watch
- Created Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) environment Virtual Machines for the company needs using OpenStack in both public and private cloud.
- Developed different environments of different applications on Google cloud by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on GCE instances and GKE using Docker, Ruby/Bash, Python.
- Experienced in writing Terraform templates that can spin up infrastructure for multi-tier application and provisioned boot strapped software on Cloud with terraform and worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Developed Azure Terraform to deploy the infrastructure necessary to formulate development, test, and production environments. Configured Azure VPN gateway and established Site-to-Site connectivity, Express Route with On Premise Networks and Azure.
- Worked on setting up a Chef Workstation, bootstrapping various enterprise nodes, and worked with Chef Recipes, Chef Attributes, and Template and created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Worked on Chef for Automation and Configuration management, writing the cookbooks, bootstrapping the nodes to install the chef-client in all the server nodes, installing and configuring the requirements in all the server nodes using cookbooks.
- Used Chef Marketplace to download the Pre-arranged Plugins like Knife and Ohio, Cookbooks, Chef tools, Handlers, Provisioning drivers, PowerShell modules.
- Experience on Splunk search construction with ability to create well-structured search queries that minimize performance impact and implemented workflow actions to drive troubleshooting across multiple event types in Splunk.
- Integrated Splunk with LDAP and SAML and create role-based groups and access and Involved in standardizing Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Worked on New Relic for monitoring the Infrastructure health, tracking the changes of Infrastructure to maintain the health of Applications, setting up the dashboard s and alerts based on host attributes and AWS EC2 tags. Integrated the AWS services into New Relic to monitor the services like API gateways, Auto-scaling, CloudFront, Billing services, EC2 instances, ELB’s, IAM roles, Lambda, Databases, Elastic Beanstalk and Route53.
- Worked on Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud in AWS using ANSIBLE, used Ansible for maintenance and infrastructure automation, wrote the Ansible Playbooks to automate the configuration and automation.
- Used the Docker to create Containers using Docker Images, responsible for maintaining the Micro-services within the containers, making Docker images of existing instances and Docker containers.
- Worked on Kubernetes for automating the deployment, scaling up and down and management of mobile and web containerized applications. Used Kubernetes for automatic Bin Packing to place the Docker containers in desired place.
- Created the Kubernetes Clusters under Pod networks to group the Docker containers. Used Kubernetes and Docker to maintain the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy the applications across different environments.
- Worked on Jenkins to create a CI/CD pipeline across the Master and Slave nodes, Configuring the nodes, establishing the connection between Master and slave nodes using SSH keys, installing the necessary packages in both master and slaves.
- Used Atlassian products like JIRA for issue tracking and code integration to plan and cooperate, used Dev tools to host, review, test, and deploy team's GIT and Mercurial code.
- Created the Jobs for compiling, testing, packaging, deploying and managing the code, managed the necessary plugins for the jobs, created the Cron jobs to continuously poll the updates when required.
- Used Source Code Management tool GIT to clone the code, created the branches for various groups, managed permissions to push the code to GIT, managed various repositories for different teams to avoid the problems.
- Worked on Maven to build the Java artifacts, installed the Maven in required nodes, added the Maven plugin in Jenkins and gave the connection to GIT Repository to clone the code and build the artifacts.
- Good knowledge of Python Scripting including string operations, numerical operations, floats, type conversions, variables, loops, operators, using the editors and Booleans.
- Worked on Database management creating SQL packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Views to retrieve, manipulate and migrate complex data sets in Oracle Databases.
- Worked with various scripting language like Bash, Perl, Shell, Ruby, PHP and Python.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for production releases.
Environment: AWS, EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB’s, Auto-scaling, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFront, RDS, DynamoDB, Terraform, GIT, Json, YAML, Chef, Ansible, Python, Docker, Micro Services, Kubernetes, Jenkins, GIT, SonarQube, Nexus, Maven, New Relic, SQL, DBS, API’s, Linux/Unix, JDK and RHEL.
- Experience in AWS cloud which include services like EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, IAM, cloud watch, security groups
- Experience in cloud automation using AWS cloud formation template, python, ruby, chef(devops), Puppet (devops) and vagrant
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes
- Worked on creation of Ansible manifest files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications and managed existing infrastructure and created new infrastructure using Ansible as Configuration Management tool.
- Designed Aws cloud formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications and database templates
- Implemented CI/CD process using TeamCity for development team, allowing for dozens of code updates per hour with zero downtime.
- Responsible for integrating TeamCity with AWS, which is used to build and test the code by using the AWS DevOps Orchestration tool, Code Pipeline.
- Implementing a continuous delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven and Nexus as tools.
- Experience involving configuration S3 Versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and achieve files in glacier.
- Our client is using Jenkins for orchestration and SonarQube for code checking (code is in Github). Our development environment is a combination of Java, Python, Installed, Configured and maintained web servers like HTTP web server, Apache Web Server and WebSphere Application server on Red Hat Linux
- Experienced in using build and automation tools like ANT and Maven
- Developing build and deployment script using Ant and Maven as a Build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments for continuous integration.
- Generated scripts for effective integration of JIRA applications with other tools.
- Coordinate developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling conventions using subversion (SVN) and GIT source control.
- Branching and merging code lines in the GIT and resolve all the conflicts raised during the merges.
- Worked on Installing, configuring and managing Monitoring Tool Nagios for Resource Monitoring, Network Monitoring and Log Trace Monitoring
- Worked on Installing RedHat Linux servers using kickstart and applying the security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances Auto scaling, elastic load balance and AMIs.
- Worked with Web Services Admin Team and DBA Team to debug environment issues in Web logic and Oracle servers.
Environment: aws, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), RTC, auto scaling groups, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch, Jenkins, Maven, Subversion, Ant, Bash Scripts, GIT, Docker, Jira, Chef and Nexus in Linux environment