- 7+ years of IT Experience as a DevOps Engineer and as a Build & Release Engineer in areas of development, System Administration, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Change/Incident Management and production support.
- Experienced in designing and implementing the DevOps strategy in the mixed environment of Linux servers on multiple distributions such as RHEL, CENTOS and UBUNTU along with Amazon web services.
- Worked on build and release management methodologies and software procedures in all aspects of SDLC.
- Expert level of understanding the Linux Administration and internals as well.
- Experience with installing, configuring and Maintaining LDAP Active Directory 2003, Oracle LDAP and IBM LDAP.
- Expert on TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, SOAP, HTTPS protocols.
- Experienced in working with source control tools like Subversion (SVN), Git, GitHub, clear case, TFS.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Team city for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experienced in using the build tools such as MAVEN, ANT, and Gradle for building the deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Experienced in setting up and maintain the CI/CD Pipeline for multiple Java/.net environments using various tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, and GitHub.
- Experience in code quality analysis using Sonar.
- Hands on experience in working with configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible and puppet.
- Experienced in Automation and Release Management.
- Experienced in configuring the Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks and quick deployments for the critical applications.
- Experienced in working with Ansible versions 1.8 & 2.0, Tower version 2.1.
- Experienced in setting up and migrations to the cloud environments like Amazon AWS, Open stack and Azure.
- Strong experience in setting up the enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2 instance, ELB, EBS, S3 Bucket, Security Groups, Auto Scaling, AMI, RDS, IAM Cloud formation, Cloud Front & VPC services.
- Proficient knowledge of the end - to-end content lifecycle, web content management, content publishing / deployment
- Expert in Installation and Configurations of Apache Tomcat, Jboss, Web Logic, and Various J2EE Servers.
- Hands on in creating and managing multiple instances of Apache Tomcat and deployed several test applications in those instances for QA environment.
- Expert in Administration and support of Windows, Linux Environment.
- Experienced in installing and configuring various services like DNS, DHCP, NFS, Send mail, Apache Web server, SSH, HTTP, RPM, and Package Management.
- Written Terraformtemplates, Chef Cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Extensive experience in Atlassian, ticketing and tracking tools like JIRA, REMEDY, Clear quest, Bugzilla for Production hotfixes and bug fixes.
- Follow and provide input for use case scenarios for all support interactions with customers including trouble ticketing knowledge base and email channels.
- Excellent problem resolving interpersonal & communication skills with ability to work under pressure in a highly visible role in a team and individually.
Languages: C, Java, HTML, Unix Shell Scripts, PowerShell, Basic Python scripting, Perl Scripting.
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, IIS, Oracle Application Server JBOSS 5.x/6.xOracle Web Logic Server BEA 8.1/9.2.
Operating Systems: RHEL 3/4/5,6, IBM-AIX 5.X, Windows NT, LINUX, UNIX
Web Technologies: JSP, Java Script, HTML, XML, HTTP, SOAP, REST, WSDL, XSL
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, New Relic, JIRA.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9.2/10g/11g, DB2, MS SQL Server.
Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub, Perforce, TFS.
Build & Release Tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Hudson, MS Build, UDeploy, Bamboo, AWS, Ant, Maven, Docker, VMware.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling groups.
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, (Cloud Trail, AWS Configuration), Cloud-security Technologies (VPC, Security Groups, etc.) and Cloud-permission systems (IAM).
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating Security groups, Auto-Scaling, Load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Created alarms and trigger points in Cloud Watch based on thresholds and monitored logs via metric filters.
- Integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags and managed Nexus Maven repositories to download the artifacts.
- Created branching & tagging strategy to maintain the source code in the GIT repository.
- Branching and merging code lines in the GIT and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merges.
- Used JIRA ticketing system to prioritize and fix the issues in the .Net and Java builds.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Created build pipe line using Jenkins for continuous integration and automating the job configuration and Jenkins management using Groovy Scripts.
- Created automated build and deployment process for application and leading up to building a Continuous Integration (CI) system for all our products using Jenkins.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery (CD) framework using Jenkins, Maven, Kubernetes, Ansible, Artifactory and Nexus in Linux Environment.
- Experienced in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMIs in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch.
- Deployed the static content into the web servers like Tomcat and IBM HTTP Server.
- Deployed Dynamic content to Application servers like Tomcat, Jboss and Web Logic.
- Configured the HTTP Server (Apache), created web server definition and regenerated the web server plug-in on Portal and WAS to route the traffic from Web server to Application Server tier.
Environment: Jenkins, VMware, Maven, Puppet, Docker, Shell Script, JBOSS, WebLogic, Jira, Bamboo, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Gradle, Git, TFS, Splunk, ELK stack, AWS, Ansible, Open Shift.
Confidential, Milpitas, CA
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Installed and Administered on GIT Server, migrated Projects from Subversion to GIT.
- Automated Weekly releases with Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Defined dependencies and plug-ins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Used Jenkins 2.0 and pipelines, which helped us, drive all Micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to f.
- Built additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Conducting Integration test and publishing the test reports with Xunit and Junit
- Promoting the artifacts into the Artifacts Repository Managers like JFrog Artifactory and Nexus
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments
- Created Upstream and Downstream projects to develop the delivery and build pipe lines
- Experienced in Installing, Configuring and Monitoring using New Relic and NAGIOS.
- Migrated customer environments to AWS ensuring complete support for existing Chef Implementation.
- Experienced in setting up the chef infrastructure, chef-repo and boot strapping the chef nodes.
- Implemented CI process for Chef Cookbooks development workflow with help of Test Kitchen, Food critic, Robocop and Chef Spec.
- Installing, configuring and administering the Jenkins CI tool using chef on AWS Ec2 instances.
- Creating alarms in Cloud Watch service for monitoring the servers’ performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Involved in writing the chef cook books and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrate the chef cook books into Jenkins jobs for continuous delivery framework.
- Experienced in installing, configuring and supporting Jboss Application server5.1/6.0 on RHEL 5/6.
- Configuring Jboss Servers for optimal performance Horizontal and Vertical Clustering.
- Experienced with Web Logic server large clustering, high availability (24x7), load balancing, disaster recovery, performance tuning.
- Worked with Oracle support in solving the critical production issues on Web Logic server.
Environment: Linux RHEL 6/5, Chef, Docker, Maven 3, Jenkins 1.6, Confluence, Perforce, JFrog, Shell Script, Power sell, Ruby, Gradle, Jira, Web Logic, GitHub, Python, Cucumber, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Splunk, Nagios.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Build & Release / DevOps Engineer
- Working with the Java development team to increase the unit test code coverage.
- Involved in coding with core Java concepts like collections, Exception Handling, Java I/O, and Generics to implement some business logics.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining the Git repositories, branches and tags.
- Experienced in administering the Git.
- Led Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration for all the Git repositories.
- Experienced in establishing the CI/CD pipe line for the master and branches to support parallel development.
- Participated in upgrading and migration to newer version.
- Experienced in setting up Jenkins master, installing the necessary plugins and adding the more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Managed nightly builds, weekly builds and feature addition builds.
- Automated the day-to-day, repetitive tasks and managed the build process using Jenkins server.
- Planning the release activities and delivering them on schedule.
- Analyzed and resolved the compilation and deployment errors related to the development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Deployed the code into Tomcat servers for the production and QA environments.
- Experienced in installing and configuring JBOSS 5/6 on RHEL.
- Written the bash/python scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Experienced in managing the artifacts in the JFrog Artifactory for the maven builds through the CI/CD process.
Environment: Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, Python, Cloud Watch, Red hat Linux, UNIX, Windows servers, AWS, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, Puppet, Artifactory, ELK, Maven, UDeploy, Gradle.
Build & Release Engineer
- Provided centralized software configuration management for enterprise application projects in a multi-tiered high-availability environment.
- Built and deployed applications using technologies like Chef, Jenkins and Maven.
- Well versed with configuration management policies and practices with regards to SDLC along with automation by using scripting languages like Shell, Python and Perl Scripting.
- Deployed releases to the production environment and assisted the project teams in troubleshooting the issues.
- Worked with Version Control tools like GIT and SVN.
- Created branches in GIT implementation parallel development process.
- Worked on Maven creating artifacts through source code and internal deployment in Nexus repository.
- Worked extensively with Nagios monitoring system as well as other monitoring tools.
- Experienced in installation of software tools in a DevOps Environment.
- Implemented and maintained automated tools which support DevOps processes.
- Used SonarQube for code quality.
- Created and maintained Shell and Python scripts for building applications.
- Automated creating projects in Jenkins and Nexus repository as release process.
- Worked closely with developers, project managers and product owners to setup the road map, resolve issues related to merging of subversion code.
- Gathered Information from the Clients and provided consultation by performing POC and setup the Build/Deployment and Release Management.
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast Paced Engineering Environment.
- Integrated Subversion for automating builds with Jenkins.
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Migrated and managed large production systems on Amazon AWS
- Tweaked and managed the builds by editing build.xml for change in the requirements.
Environment: Subversion, Ant, Jenkins, NEXUS, Install Shield, Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, AWS, Web Logic Servers.
- Installed configured and built servers using Jumpstart and Flare Images (Servers included v240, V440, V880, T2000, T5240). Provided support to mission critical applications spread over 2800 servers.
- Providing internal LAN support for a user network. Network administration using Active Directory managing group policies and users. Remote troubleshooting for client utilizing RDP terminal services
- Configured Zones and LDOMs and containers for Solaris 10.
- Installed and configured Oracle VM virtual Box Manager and Hyper - V. Windows server 2012 r2 Administered logon accounts and profiles using Ac.
- Installed and configured Oracle VM virtual Box Manager and Hyper-V. Windows server 2012 r2 Administered logon accounts and profiles using Active Directory, Managed DHCP\DNS and Group Policies (GPOs) for the sit
- Prepared server availability report for the management.
- Planned & Implemented Patch and Packages installations, quarterly patching of servers.
- Upgraded Solaris OS (Live upgrade from Solaris 9 to Solaris 10).
- Implemented Root Mirroring for systems using VxVm (Veritas Volume Manager) and Solstice Disk Suite.
- Supported databases like Oracle & Web servers like LAMP - Apache, Tomcat & other proprietary applications.
- Responsible for the migration of physical systems (Domain Controllers/DNS, MSMQ, Dev, QA and Production environments) to AWS. This responsibility also includes ensuring PCI compliance, High Availability and management of multiple Systems Engineers across the USA, and ensuring more than 1.5M customers are being delivered the best experience and solutions possible 24 hours a day
- Performance troubleshooting on day to day basis
- Implementation of PCI security standards for SAS70 and internal IT audits across UNIX shop comprising of AIX (5.3, 6.1), Solaris (9 and 10) and RHEL (4, 5).
- Built aLinuxkick start server on x86 machines, deployment of HP Blade server running RHEL 5 using VMware.
Environment: Red HatLinux, SuSE, Solaris, UNIX, LVM Jenkins, GIT, ANT Scripts, ESX, Korn shell, Bash.