- Around 10 years of experience as a Linux Administrator and DevOps Engineer wif reputed companies working on tools like AWS, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Ansible Tower on Linux distributions.
- Hands - on experience in Automation, Configuring and Deploying instances on Amazon web services (AWS) and experience wif AWS components like EC2, ELB, Auto scaling, S3, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, Cloud Formation Templates.
- Hand-On experience in Implementing, Build and Deployment of CI/CD pipelines, managing projects often includes tracking multiple deployments across multiple pipeline stages (Dev, Test/QA staging and production).Implement CI/CD tools Upgrade, Backup, Restore, API call, DNS, LDAP and SSL setup.
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Strong experience creating ANT/MAVEN wif Ansible scripts for deployment. Experience wif Maven (Pom.xmls) and Ant (build.xmls).
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), BitBucket.
- Experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Jenkins, Bamboo and other Tools like Sonarqube, Nexus, GitHub like systems, JIRA, Atlassian stack of tools like, Fisheye, Confluence.
- Good working noledge on AWS IAM service, IAM policies, Roles, Users, Groups,AWS access keys and Multi Factor Authentication. And migrated applications to the AWS Cloud.
- Experience wif AWS Command line interface and PowerShell for automating administrative tasks. Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic reaching one or more AWS EC2, LAMBDA instances.
- Working noledge on Kubernetes,Aurora and RDS. Good experience in Middleware services like JMS, JDBC and implemented other services like JNDI, SNMP.
- Created and MaintainedChef Recipesandcookbooksto simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Worked in container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Worked wif Docker and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code. Written build scripts from scratch for new projects and for new modules wifin existing projects.
- Worked wif Vagrant for local development setup. Moved Vagrant setup to Docker based environment. And also experience in writing Vagrant file and Docker file.
- Expertise in configuration and automation using Chef, Chef wif Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible and Docker.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Experience on clustering and container management using Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Experience in creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower and expertise in writing Ansible Playbooks.
- Expertise in component repository management tools like Nexus, JFrog Artifactory etc.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as ELK Stack,Splunk, Nagios, AppDynamics &ICynga.
- Good noledge and experience in using Elasticsearch, kibana and fluentd, CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk,Prometheus and Grafana for logging and monitoring.
- Hands on experience wif build tools like, Team City, Sonar. Worked wif different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
- Experienced administrator skills on Linux/UNIX distributions (Red Hat/CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris and AIX) and Windows flavors. Installed Linux/Unix distributions and configured various services as per the requirement using Puppet.
- Experience in creating and managing user accounts, Security policies, Rights, Disk spaces, Disk quotas and Process monitoring in CentOS and Red Hat Linux.
- Experience in configuring NIS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, FTP, Remote Access Protocol, Security Management, Security trouble shoots and SOA-based applications. Expertise in installations of SQL server, MYSQL server and PostgreSQL.
- Experience in configuring Docker Containers for Branching and deployed using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Worked wif other internal IT teams to complete project activities (Architecture and Database teams).
- Worked wif VMWARE tools like vCenter& vSphere to manage VM’s running on ESX cluster nodes and also experience working on vMotion.
- Experience in Linux/Unix System Administration, Network Administration and Application Support working on Red Hat Linux 6/7, SUSE Linux 10/11.
- In-depth noledge of computer applications and shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python, and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Experience in Build/Release/Deployment/Operations (Devops) engineer wif a strong background in Linux/Unix Administration and best practices of SDLC methodologies like Agile, Scrum, waterfall and Devops/Cloud processes.
- Ability to quickly understand, learn and implement the new system design, new technologies, data models and functional components of software system in a professional work environment.
- Able to build solid relationships wifin as well as consensus across multiple teams on environment strategies of build and release process.
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial,SNS, SQS, EBS, Route 53
Operating System: Red Hat, Ubuntu, Linux & Windows, CentOS, Debian
CI Tool & Monitoring: Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk, ELK, AppDynamics, Prometheus, Grafana
Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center, Remedy, IBM Clear Quest
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, MS SQL, NoSQL, Cassandra DB
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Hudson, Jenkins, XL release and XL deploy
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT, GIT Hub, SVN, Perforce
Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere, JBoss, WebLogic, TFS, Nginx, Azure, IIS
Languages/Scripts: HTML, Shell, Bash, PHP, Python, Chef, PHP, Ruby, Perl
SDLC: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Confidential, Coppell, Texas
Senior AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Involved in working wif all the prominent AWS services like Cloud Watch, Trail and Cloud Formation, Kinesis, CloudFront and worked on AWS DevOps tools like AWS Code-Pipeline to build a continuous integration or continuous delivery workflow using AWS Code-Build, AWS Code-Deploy, and worked wif many other AWS tools to Build and deploy a microservices architecture usingECS or AWS Lambda.
- Integrated Kubernetes wif network, storage, and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts.
- Orchestrated blue-green deployments wif Kubernetes to deploy servers wif intended changes. Used Load balancer to route the traffic to the new server. Set Up autoscaling feature together wif HorizontalPodAuto-Scaler to automatically handle Production service load that changes wif time using Kubernetes.
- Expertise in Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks. Proficient noledge wif Mesos providing the fine-grained resource allocations for pods across nodes in a cluster.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication. Provided policies to groups using policy generator and set different permissions based on the requirement along wif providing Amazon Resource Name (ARN).
- Used Packer to automate the build process for machine images and utilized Vault’sAWS secrets engine to generate dynamic, on-demand AWS access credentials for Packer AMI builds.
- Virtualized Docker Images on Amazon EC2, created Docker files, used NexusRepository as a Private Docker Registry for Docker Images and Clustered the Containers by using Docker Swarm and Kubernetes. worked wif Chef Enterprise and Chef Open Source, Chef DK, Chef Workstation, Chef Server, Chef-Client. Experience in working wif Knife command line utility, Berkshelf dependency manager, and Test kitchen to validate Chef Cookbooks.
- Programmatically created CICDPipelines in Jenkins using Groovy scripts, Jenkins file, integrating a variety of Enterprise tools and Testing Frameworks into Jenkins for fully automated pipelines to move code from Dev Workstations to all the way to Prod environment.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines which helped us drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using maven as build framework tool and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for Git.
- Experienced in programming Ansible Playbooks wif Python for system administration, managing configurations of VMware Nodes and testing Playbooks.
- Experience in integrating Jenkins wif various tools like Maven (Build tool), Git (Repository), SonarQube (codeverification), Nexus (Artifactory) and implementing CI/CD automation for creating Jenkins pipelines programmatically architecting Jenkins Clusters, and scheduled builds day and overnight to support development needs.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in open stack cloud, integrating it wif Ansible, migrating the application using Maven as build tool.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Established PythonBoto framework and CloudFormation to automate AWS environment creation along wif the ability to deployment on AWS, using build scripts (AWSCLI) and automate solutions using Shell and Python.
- Patched different software using RedHat Package Manager and YUM.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks wif Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, managing existing servers and automation of build/configuration of new servers.
- Automate infrastructure creation, deployment and recovery using Ansible, Docker,Jenkins
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups, policies and permissions.
- Installing and configuring Apache HTTP server, Tomcat web application servers and Jetty.
- Worked on M-Collective framework for building server orchestration and parallel job-execution systems.
- Planning and implementing VPCs wif multiple availability zones and multiple subnets to meet the dynamic IP requirements.
- Migrating present Linux environment to AWS by creating and executing a migration plan, deployed EC2 instances in VPC, configured security groups & NACL’s, attached profiles and roles using AWS Cloud Formation templates and Ansible modules.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Ansible Playbooks and Ansible Tower.
- Designed an ELK system to monitor and search enterprise alerts. Installed, configured and managed the ELK Stack for Log management wifin EC2/Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search. Monitored performance of the applications and analyzed log information using ELK & EFK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run pythonscripts and Created Lambda jobs and configured Roles using AWS CLI.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Create proof of concepts of technologies to evaluate Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Bamboo, Jenkins, Splunk
- Worked on testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of MongoDB and Cassandra, NoSQL database systems and cluster configurations to ensure high availability in various crash scenarios.
- Deployed applications to Oracle WebLogic, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Nginx and Web Sphere servers and worked on Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Veritas Volume Manager, Kickstart, Bonding, LAMP and LDAP.
- Built and engineered servers on UbuntuandRHELLinux. Provisioned virtual servers on VMware and ESX servers in Cloud.
Environment: Jenkins, CI/CD, Maven, Git, Apache Tomcat, MongoDB,AWS, Ansible, Docker, ChefSonarQube, Nexus, Dynamo DB,Cassandra, NoSQL, Ubuntu, Linux, VMWare Servers, Tomcat, KubernetesShell, Groovy, Bash, Python, AppDynamics,Dynatrace.
Confidential, Burr Ridge, Illinois
AWS DevOps Automation Engineer
- Worked on building and supporting environments consisting Development, Testing and Production in the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Created Docker file/ containers to load the application and deployed on the operating systems.
- Comprehensive experience wif AWS services like Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, Cloud Formation, Lambda, VPC, ELB,Glacier, Elastic Block Store, DynamoDB, Amazon RDS, Code Deploy, CloudWatch, Amazon IAM, SES, SQS, SecurityGroupsandRoute 53 in Agile environment
- Administration of RHEL which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting on both Pseries and VMware virtualization systems
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Authored application using Spring Cloud services (spring version of Netflix OSS-Eureka, Circuit Breaker, and Ribbon).
- Deployed application using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) CLI.
- Use of Docker to manage micro services for development and testing
- Written and developed CHEF Cookbooks from scratch for custom installation of application.
- Used CHEF for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Responsible for CI and CD using JENKINS, Maven and CHEF.
- Tasks performed on performance tuning, capacity planning for AWS environments, monitoring, resource utilization and alerts using CloudWatch; implement hybrid architectures, routing private connections, peering and infrastructure zoning by VPC; CloudFormation templates to deploy infrastructure for environment creation; Code Pipeline to design and implement a CI/CD pipeline
- Involved in migration of microservices based applications using Docker/Kubernetes and involved in full automation of the CI/CD pipeline.
- Worked wif Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Written Ansibleplaybooks which is the entry point for Ansibleprovisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Integration of Automated Build wif Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed CHEF Server and clients to pick up the Build from JENKINS repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Chef to aid wif our deployment process, and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure wif Chef.
- Installed and support multiple databases and applications including Oracle, MySQL wif WebLogic, JBOSS, Oracle and Apache Tomcat.
- Using Ansible to setup the log monitor using ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana) to monitor many applications logs and syslog
- Managing existing infrastructure and created new infrastructure usingAnsibleas Configuration Management Tool.
- Worked extensively wif different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy
- Actively involved in architecture of DevOps platform and cloud solutions.
- Supported Continuous delivery strategy on monitoring applications in pre-production and production environment using AppDynamics.
- Developed environments of different applications onAWSby provisioning on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash.
- Use of Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Responsible for automated identification of application server and database server usingAnsibleScripts.
- Experience in writing and organizing Shell and Perl scripting for building complex software systems.
- Created branches, labels and performed merges inSVN and GIT.
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing managers to trigger required build.
- Specialized in working closely wif system engineers to resolve the issues and handled release process for over twenty-five applications which are at low and production phases wif multiple deployment tools like Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Expertise in implementing a production ready, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure and Worked on Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas on a node cluster using Kubernetes
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for various applications.
- Worked closely wif network/incident analysts and IC analysts to monitor current attack and threat information to identify.
- Apache web server maintenance, installation, configuration, managing web hosting including name-based, secure and private site, monitoring web server performance, certificate generate, security checks and periodic upgrades, manage user accounts, back up.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management and reporting tools.
- Systemperformance monitoring, tuning andlog management.
- TCP/IP Networking troubleshooting and Linux/Network Administration to identify the problems and resolve the issues.
- Implemented Jira wif Mavenreleaseplug-in for tracking bugs and defects.
- Implemented and maintained server virtualization using VMware, ESXi and Oracle Virtual Manager.
- Coordinated wif application team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues wif JBoss servers.
Environment: AWS, EC2, VPC, RDS, SNS, SES, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SonarQube, Nexus, CLI, Confluence, BRS, AWS CLI, S3, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, MySQL, GIT, Version one, Bit Bucket, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, IRA, Agile, Python, Java, Unix, Maven, GIT, SVN.
Confidential, Raleigh, North Carolina
DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, RDB, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, SES, SNS and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers wif EC2 Auto Scaling groups and created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Implement, manage and orchestrate Docker Container Clusters using Kubernetes. Worked on cluster creation for minion/worker in Kubernetes.
- Used Chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation, release automation and deployment automation, Configure files, commands and packages.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2instances using Terraform and CloudFormation templates, wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform and involved in using Terraform migrate legacy and monolithicsystems to Amazon Web Services
- Hands on experience in writing Terraform API modules to manage infrastructure, for automatic creation of RDSinstances, VPCs, Autoscaling groups, Load balancers, SQS, S3 buckets.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process. Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Developed processes, automation for Jenkinsbased software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Experience in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python scripts and also configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation usingTerraform.
- Involved in writingJavaAPI for Amazon Lambda to manage some of theAWSservices.
- Expertise Knowledge on ELK architecture, also experienced in Elasticsearch which is the search and analytics engineand experience in Logstash, which is a log management tool.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining version across the environment using SCM tools like GIT and GITHUB. And primarily used script to write GIT applications and Worked to manage source code.
- Deployed continues delivery pipeline by using Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Tomcat,AWS.
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell Scripts for automating administration tasks like file system management, process management, backup and restore.
- Integrated Jira wif Dynatrace to generate Incidents from Dynatrace and deployed new Dynatrace architecture at disaster recovery site & automated provisioning repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python.
- Configured and administered Monitoring tool Nagios, worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance.
- Managed TCP/IP packets & DHCP servers, resolved TCP/IP network access problems for the clients and worked wif various TCP/IP implementations like NFSv4, NIS, DNS and DHCP.
- Worked on Nginx, configured reverse proxy for Apache also fine-tuned configurations wif rigorous performance testing.
- Installed, configured and administered application servers like Tomcat to deploy many java applications.
- Developed Shell, Python Scripts to automate daily, weekly builds primarily using Maven & Ant for some legacy projects.
- Worked on Kubernetes and Dockerimages to provide platform as service on private and public cloud in VMware Cloud.
- Used GitHub as source code management tool.
- Installed and monitored code quality tools like SonarQube to check the standards of the code and to analyses the source code.
- Worked on Integrated JIRA wif subversion and Jenkins to automate the weekly build process.Used JIRA workflows to automate deployment and issue tracking.
- Provided oversight and guidance for the architecture, development for best practices for application hosting, and infrastructure deployment for each application.
Environment: AWS, Docker, Elastic load balancer, S3, Cloud watch, IAM, RDS, Storage gateway, Shell Scripting, Puppet, Chef, Bitbucket, Jira, Python, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle, Jenkins, Ruby, Jira, Maven, Git, Ubuntu, Terraform, Centos.
Build and Release Engineer
- Disk and File system management through Veritas Volume Manager, LVM and SVM.
- Configured and deployed Java and J2EE applications into application servers.
- Written, maintained, reviewed and documentedmodules, manifests, Hiera configurationsandGit repositoriesfor Puppet Enterprise onRHEL and SLES platforms.
- Used build tools like ANT and MAVEN on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Worked wif Jenkins for any automation builds which are integrated wif GIT as part of infrastructure automation under continuous integration (CI).
- Strong usage of GIT commands to clone the central repository to the local server, merge the local changes wif the master.
- Experience configuring and managingPuppet master server, updating and creating modules and pushing them to puppet clients.
- Trained and supported Linux engineers in the use of the company'sPuppet infrastructure.
- Wrote Unix Shell scripts to automate Subversion (SVN) branching, merging, tagging and various other version control tasks.
- Configured the File transfer environment using Proftpd packages and open SSL to secure FTP.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Scheduled automated builds using Hudson/Jenkins.
- Implemented and maintained the branching of build/release strategies utilizing ClearCase.
- Used SQL queries to validate data and updated the records for the various modules.
- Created analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets.
- Coordinated wif developers, Business Analyst and Managers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
- On-call support for 24/7 for troubleshooting production issues.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Puppet, Bash, Shell, Linux, Unix, CI/CD, GIT, SVN, Hudson, Jenkins, JIRA, ClearCase, SQL, Ant, Maven.
Linux System Administrator
- Installation, configuration, patching, administration, troubleshooting, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, Fedora, Solaris.
- Managing users like creating, deleting and granting proper privileges and managing system security.
- Developed Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Responsible for remote Linux support for more TEMPthan 150 Servers.
- Worked wif Development and QA teams to continuously integrate software development using GIT, Maven, Jenkins.
- Coordinated wif the Network Team and Oracle database Administrators to resolve issues.
- Setup and configured network TCP/IP on Red hat Linux including RPC connectivity for NFS and Created mount points for Server directories, and mounted these directories on Red hat Linux Servers.
- Worked on Ticket based problem management.
- Performance tuning of the operating system for better application performance and network performance.
- Configuring and troubleshooting of network services like NFS, FTP, SAMBA, NTP, Telnet, SSH.
- Used putty and SSH certificate tools to login and use secure access points.
- Excellent working noledge in implementing LDAP security models using Netscape LDAP and IBM secure way (LTPA).
- Creation of VMs for Red hat Linux on VMWare ESX and administering them wif VI Client.
- Monitored System Performance of Virtual memory, Managed Swap Space, Disk utilization and CPU utilization.
- Troubleshooting and resolving of problems related to hardware, operating systems, third party applications and scripts.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Fedora, CentOS, Solaris, Windows server, VMware vSphere, Shell/Perl Script, TCP/IP, LDAP, NFS.
IT Systems Analyst
- Installed and configured RHEL, Solaris, Windows Servers.
- Administered and monitored DNS, NFS, NIS.
- Implemented and maintained server virtualization using VMware.
- Installed and monitored VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM) and Solaris Volume Manager on sun solaris environment
- Worked on troubleshooting of Network and Firewall.
- Installed and configured Zones and containers in Solaris 10 environment
- Managed user account management, managing passwords setting up quotas.
- Managed user accounts and groups wif disks and Filesystems.
- Administered, monitored, and managed disk space and data security on servers.
- Documented the installation of third-party softwares.
- Worked on systemperformance monitoring, tuning andlog management.
- Experienced in using VERITAS Cluster Server and Sun Cluster in SAN environment.
- Installed and configured database systems e.g. MySQL, Oracle.
- Worked on system monitoring and remote connection management usingtelnetandSSHconnections.
- Experienced in setting up Storage Area Network (SAN) and NAS and file systembackup and restore.
- 24x7 on-call rotation for support of production systems.
Environment: RHEL, Solaris, Windows Servers, VMware, Oracle 9i/10g, My SQL