- AWS Certified Solutions Architect with IT Professional of about 7 years of experience in Infrastructure automation, code migration, Configuration Management and system administration.
- Extensive experience in completeSoftware Development Life Cycle(SDLC) including System Requirements Collection, Architecture, Design..
- Experience in several AWS services EC2, VPC, S3, Cloud - Watch, Route 53, RDS, Cloud-Formation, ELB, S3 Bucket, IAM, Auto-scaling, Load balancer, API Gateway, Lambda, Security groups, NACL, CloudFront and repository management tools Artifactory and Nexus.
- Granted security and configured user access and limits usingAWSIdentity andAccess Management(IAM) by creating new profiles and policies for user management inJSON.
- Integrated AWS DynamoDB using AWS Lambda to store the values of the items and backup the DynamoDB streams. Highly proficient in writing lambda functions to automate tasks on AWS using CloudWatch triggers, S3 events as well as DynamoDB streams and kinesis streams. Worked on setting up the life cycle policies to back the data from AWS S3 to AWS Glacier.
- Hand - on Experience on High Availability Methodologies for Azure Cloud and SQL.Experience with Azure and strong understanding of Azure capabilities and limitations, primarily in the IaaS Space. Azure PaaS Solutions like Azure Web Apps, Redis Cache, Application Insights, Azure Serverless Functions, Azure Stream Analytics, SQL Azure and Azure Storage.
- Hands on Experience in migrating an On-premises Instances or Azure Classic Instances to Azure ARM Subscription with Azure Site Recovery. Experienced of mounting Azure file share by using CIF
- Worked on Databases likeOracle, Microsoft SQL server, Azure SQL and Amazon RDS. Experience in installing, configuration and administering of DHCP, DNS, FTP and LVM. Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/ Chef/AWS.
- Highly motivated and committed DevOps Engineer experienced in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure and Rackspace, cloud environments and Data centers, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, ElasticSearch and managing security groups on AWS.
- Created CI/CD pipeline using AzureDevOps. Containerization of Web applications using Docker and Kubernetes and Database maintenance.
- Set up aGCPFirewall rules in order to allow or deny traffic to and from theVM'sinstances based on specified configuration and usedGCPcloudCDN(content delivery network) to deliver content fromGCPcache locations drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Experience in designing aTerraformand deploying it in cloud deployment manager to spin up resources like cloud virtual networks,Compute Enginesin public and private subnets along withAutoScalerinGoogle Cloud Platform.
- Worked onOpenshiftplatform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters and Created Kubernetes clusters using ansible playbooks (launch-instan deploy-docker.yml, deploy-kubernetes.yml) on Exoscale.
- Use of Kubernetesto manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery. Installed artifactory on-top of Kubernetes for dynamic PVC provisioning.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple names spaced versions.
- Containerization of Web applications using Docker and Kubernetes and Database maintenance. Virtualized the servers usingDockerfor the test environments and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation usingDockercontainers.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, created Pods and managed using Kubernetes and created Advanced Jenkins Pipeline with Jenkins Pipeline Scripted Syntax to Trigger Other Remote Jobs on Other Jenkins Masters and Automated the deployment of Java and .Net applications with the use of Jenkins. Experience in integrating code quality tools such as SonarQube, inCI/CD pipelines..
- Adopted agile methodology with pair programming technique and addressed issues during system testing.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code. Experience in setting Maven repository and pom.xml, Ant build.xml and managed the maven artifacts using Nexus repository.
- Have 3+ years of experience on Python Scripting in various projects for automating tasks. Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
Cloud: AWS, AZURE, GCP.
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, puppet
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, CircleCI, Bamboo
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, GRADLE, NPM.
Container Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
Version Control Tools: GIT, CVS,GITLab, SVN, Bit Bucket, GitHub
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, Cloud watch, DataDog, Snowflake
Databases: MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
Application Servers: WebLogic 9.x/10.x, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Web Servers: Apache HTTP, Apache TOMCAT
Networking: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, TCP/IP, OSI, Firewalls, Switches, Route table.
IDE Tools: ECLIPSE IDE
Operating Systems: Linux(RedHat), Ubuntu, Unix, Windows XP/Vista
Virtualization Tech: VMware vSphere ESXi 5.x/4.x, ESX /3.x, VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual box
Sr. Cloud / DevOps Engineer
Confidential - Raleigh,NC
- Involved in Architecting, building and maintenance of Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS and Azure cloud infrastructure utilizing Ansible with Terraform and Jenkins for Continuous Integration. Work with application and architecture teams to conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in the production environment in AWS.
- Implemented Large Scale Cloud Infrastructure using AWS resources using terraform like - IAM, Elastic IP, Elastic Storage, Auto Scaling, VPC(NAT, Peering, VPN), EC2, EBS, APIs, ELB, Route 53, RDS, SES, SNS, SQS, OpsWorks, Red Shift, Glacier, RDS, CloudFront, KMS, S3, Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Lambda, AWS IoT, LAMBDA (Server less), Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, EKS, Cloud Trail, API Gateway, Snow Ball.
- Created backup of Amazon machine Images (AMIs) of EC2 instances using Packer, and critical business data for Disaster Recovery (DR) and upgrading to new instance types for better performance.
- Implemented Backup & Recovery, S3 lifecycle management, reduced costs by creating customized Alarms, managed Billing across AWS accounts and reduced costs by effectively utilizing the resources. Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Designed infrastructure for AWS application and workflow using Terraform and had done implementation and continuous delivery of AWS infrastructure using Terraform.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, Elastic load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection in Amazon CLI.
- Drove the deployment & management of our infrastructure in the AWS cloud. Managed storage inAWSusing Elastic Block Storage, S3, created Volumes and configured Snapshots. Managed many EC2 instances and Autoscaling groups; used Terraform in AWS VPC to automatically setup and modify settings.
- Developed microservice onboarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins, allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs, Kubernetes deploy and services. Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server-less architecture (AWS Lambda) and deployed it via Terraform.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Automated builds using Maven and scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization and maintained Docker Images and containers. Created images and stored in the Docker containers and uploaded to theDocker hub.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installing and configuring Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Worked on Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker Hub and written Docker Compose file for multi container provisioning and to build, run, tag and publish a docker container to Azure Container Registry.
- ManagedKubernetesdeployments, objects for high availability and scalability using horizontal pod scaler and resources management. IntegratedEFK (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana)stack as the logging solution for the deployed kubernetes cluster.
- Written theAnsible YAMLscripts to configure the remote servers. UsedAnsibleto Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) and troubleshoot the build issues with ELK and work towards the solution. Hands on inAWS (Amazon Web Services)including deploying new server instances through automation withANSIBLE and Jenkins.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server.
- Implemented zero downtime deployment process in WebLogic using python and shell script and added it to the continuous automated process by using Jenkins as a tool. Hands on with Git / GitHub for code check-ins/checkouts and branching etc.
- Worked in container-based technologies likeDocker,KubernetesandOpenshift. Managing the Openshift cluster that includes scaling up and down the AWS app nodes.
- The deployment model uses Atlassian development repository tools,Jenkinsas the build engine, while execution deployments to container orchestration tools ranged over time fromOpenShifton EC2,AWS.
- Performed migration of code from stage to production service. Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azurefor a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, AzureSQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Expertise onshellandpython scriptingwith focus on DevOps tools,CI/CDand AWS, Azure based micro services Cloud Architecture and hands-on Engineering. Created Shell scripts to automate the server bounce activities for JBoss application server.
- Application onboarding and maintenance on the CI/CD platform. Monitoring Telemetry, Alerts, Recovery issues, Bugs, Health of CI/CD pipeline infrastructure on AWS.
- Worked extensively in Sharepoint to maintain documents & create lists to organize team data & collaborate with team members on ongoing projects. Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
Environment: RHEL 6/7.2, AWS, Maven, Nexus, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Nginix, Nagios,Terraform,GIT, ELK, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment.
Cloud / DevOps Engineer
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analysts and Managers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment. Installed, configured and Administrated of all UNIX/LINUX servers on Azure, includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to support the installation/upgrades of Ubuntu, CentOS.
- Involved in managing Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations and practices in Windows Azure, SQL Azure, Azure Web and Database deployments. Upgraded and Migrated web applications to latest .Net framework versions and Azure platforms.
- Created Azure automated assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell run books that will automate specific tasks. Expertise in deploying Azure AD connect, configuring ADFS installation using Azure AD connect.
- Created ARM templates for Azure platform and in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups and other Azure services.
- Prepared capacity and architecture plan to create the Azure Cloud environment to host migrated IaaS, VMs and PaaS role instances for refactored applications and databases.
- Implemented high availability withAzure ClassicandAzure Resource Managerdeployment models and worked on Azure access controls, RBAC to manage privileges on Azure resources
- Creation and Maintenance of MS Azure Cloud Infrastructure and Virtual Network between MS Azure Cloud and on-premises network for backend communication.
- Created clusters in Google Cloud and manage the clusters using Kubernetes(k8s). Using Jenkins to deploy code to Google Cloud, create new namespaces.
- Migrated 9 microservices to Google Cloud Platform from skava and have one more big release planned with 4 more microservices.
- Worked on the migration of mobile application from skava to cloud (Google Cloud) by making the chunk of code to microservices. Involved in CI/CD process using GIT, Nexus, Jenkins job creation, Maven build and Create Docker image and use the docker image to deploy in gcloud clusters.
- Set up a build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines by integrating Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow.
- Good Knowledge in Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure Service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD. Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD Integrating on-premises identity with Azure AD.
- Deployed legacy applications into JBoss application server. Responsible for all AD, SQL, Load Balancing, NSG's, and VPN configurations for Azure.
- Worked closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues that rose during the deployments to different environments. Worked with Terraform Templates to automate the Azure IaaS virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environments.
- Experience in building and architecting multiple Data pipelines, end to end ETL and ELT process for Data ingestion and transformation in GCP and coordinating tasks among the team. Develop and deploy the outcome using spark and Scala code in Hadoop cluster running on GCP.
- Experienced in writingterraformmodules for automation the Creation ofVPC-VPNfromdata center to Prodenvironment and Cross accountVPC Peering.
- Responsibilities include estimation and development of new modules using the AGILE process and pair programming using the divide and conquer method of breaking down a chunk of requirements into piecemeal stories and breaking each major release into iteration.
- Deployed with UrbanCode agents and Agents Relay.IntegratedAWSDynamo usingAWSlambda to store the values of items and backup the Dynamo DB streams, implemented load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto-scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Worked on google cloud platform (GCP) services like compute engine, cloud load balancing, cloud storage, cloud SQL, stack driver monitoring and cloud deployment manager.
- ManagedOpenshiftmaster, nodes with upgrades, decommission them from active participation by evacuating the nodes and upgrading them.
- Design, installation, configuration and administration of Linux 5,6 and 7 servers and support of OpenShift Enterprise and non-OpenShift support.
- Responsible for installation & configuration of Jenkins to support various Java builds and Jenkins plugins to automate continuous builds and publishingDocker images to the Nexus repository.
- Worked in managing Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations and practices in Windows Azure, SQL Azure, Azure Web and Database deployments. Upgraded and Migrated web applications to latest . Net framework versions and Azure platforms.
- Used Ant scripts to perform the builds and wrote a few build. Xmls for application development teams.
- Deployed with UrbanCode agents and Agents Relay.IntegratedAWSDynamo usingAWSlambda to store the values of items and backup the Dynamo DB streams, implemented load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto-scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration
Environment: Azure Storage, worker role, GIT, VPC, JBOSS, EBS, SQL, Cloud watch, CloudFormation, Docker, Jira, Azure, AWSCLI,AWSAuto-Scaling, Unix/Linux, RHEL 5/6.8, Shell scripting, SQL Azure.
- Good Experience in architecting and configuring secure cloud VPC using private and public networks through subnets inAWS.
- Responsible for day to day Build and deployments inDev, Test, pre-productionand production environments. ImplementedAWShigh-availability using AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), which performed balance across instances in multiple availability zones.
- ConfiguredGitwithJenkinsand schedule jobs usingPOLL SCMoption. Involved inJIRAas defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins forJIRAbug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins withJIRA, GitHub.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies. Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in Openstack cloud, integrating it with Chef.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process. Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into Chef to be used by developers. Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the Git source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Git and Junit.
- Used Perl scripts for deployment code on multiple servers. Initially thought of using Kubernetes then finally decided to use Docker swarm because Docker swarm is integrated with Docker daemon.
- Used Ansible for deployment to make easier by avoiding to write scripts.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects. Created local clusters and deployable application.
- Handled fabric services to be deployed in containers and images, used Docker in linux environment.
- Installed, administered and configured Jenkins Continuous Integration tool. Experience with setting up Chef Infra, Bootstrapping nodes, creating and uploading Chef Recipes, Chef Node convergence in Chef SCM.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries. Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Roles, product management, apps management, deploying/un-deploying developed API's, artifacts importing/exporting etc. in test as well as in-live production servers.
- Deployed the archives to Tomcat Application Servers. Working on Inbound and Outbound services with automation CHEF.
Environment: s: AWS (EC2, S3, Route 53, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS, Aurora), GIT, Chef, Docker, Selenium, Maven, Jenkins, ANT, Python, Jira, Nagios.
- Management of user accounts, files and directory permissions, and securing UNIX systems to match industry best practices. Wrote shell scripts for automation of daily tasks and created jobs as per performance of the client’s network statistics(/var/log/messages). Built backup scripts to store VM images on local machine and mirrored the images on to web-server, with rsync.
- Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is headed by a key team of seasoned professionals from the pharmaceutical industry.Pushed the on-premise environment into VM ware client 3.5 for the deployment usage. Compiling code to move into test environments via automated processes.
- Used Jenkins 2.0 and pipelines, which helped us, drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes. Triggering content delivering process and loading all the required releases from Pulp and Artifactory using puppet.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Upgrade, Patches, and performance tuning on UNIX and system software & hardware. Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the java based release code packages.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search.
- Monitoring of web servers and other services using Nagios monitoring tool. Working with Devops practices using AWS, Elastic Bean stalk and Docker with Kubernetes.
- Also Used Quartz Scheduler, to run the program very often and hit the database and display the results in JSON format.
- Extensively worked on developing UI components using Angular(1.4/2) and JSON to interact Restful services like Jersey API.
- Migrated SOAP web service resources to Spring RESTful web services resources using Spring REST API with Spring Boot 1.5.
Environment: s: LINUX/UNIX, Solaris, Virtual Machines, Samba Server, NFS Server, NIS Server, TCP/IP, Oracle 10g, Kickstart, Red Hat Satellite, VM ware/Box.
- Administered Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.x/ 4.x, OEL 5.x, & Solaris 9 Servers by testing, tuning, upgrading, patching and troubleshooting both Physical and virtual server problems.
- Installed and maintained regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kickstart-based network Installation and maintained a RHEL satellite server, Apache web server and sftp.
- Used Veritas File system and Veritas Volume Manager 5.0 to configure the RAID 1 & RAID 5 Storage System for more redundancy.
- Created Disk volumes, Volume groups and Logical volumes (LVM) for Linux operating systems. Installed and configured Apache Tomcat Web Server. Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for ElasticSearch.
- Created the LDAP Scripts which monitors the LDAP connectivity and alerts the Admin Group if the connection is closed. Also administered Active Directory Servers.
- Configured Proxy Server (Squid), DNS, FTP and DHCP servers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and maintained system securities using IPTABLES.
- Involved in developing a video calling application using python web-sockets. Developed PERL & Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Developed automation scripting in Python to deploy some applications.
- Upgraded Red hat Linux OS on WebSphere and Oracle database servers from V3, V4 to V5. Monitored servers, switches, ports etc. with Nagios monitoring tool.
- Generated Python Django forms to record data of online users and used PyTest for writing test cases
- Responsible for setting up Cronjobs scripts on production servers and implementation of password less (SSH) authentication between servers.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.x/4.x, OEL 5.x, Solaris 9, LVM, RAID, Oracle, WebSphere, MySQL, TCP/IP, DNS, NIS, NFS, ClearQuest, Apache Tomcat, Swagger-UI.