- Competitive IT Professional with Around 7+ years of experience as Cloud AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Extensive experience includes Software Configuration Management (SCM), DevOps Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management.
- Expertise with UNIX and Windows environments including Shell Script, version control tools like Subversion, TFS and Git.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, Hudson & Team Foundation Server)
- Good Knowledge in batch, bash (shell) and PowerShell scripting.
- Worked with several teams to transition workflows to Continuous Integration and Delivery model and implemented best practices for utilizing AWS.
- Supported development teams by helping them to be efficient and reducing outage times of testing environments.
- Designed, built and deployed a multitude application utilizing almost all of the AWS, Including EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Snapshots and IAM, focusing on high availability and fault tolerance.
- Integrating Jenkins with AWS to automate Services.
- Well versed in managing source code and repositories like Git, GitHub.
- Proficient in writing Puppet modules and chef cookbooks & Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Experience in integrating the infrastructure automation using Puppet. Creating and configuring Jenkins jobs, build and delivery pipelines.
- Experience in working with various CI/CD tools like Jenkins/Hudson, Sonar, and Subversion.
- Experience in various scripting languages like Shell, Ruby, and Python on DevOps tools, CI/CD, and AWS Cloud Architecture.
- Used AWS Cloud Formation and AWS Ops Works to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create, develop, and test and production environments for a software development project.
- Worked on Database like MySQL, Cassandra.
- Extensive experience in Linux.Unix system Administrator, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting.
Cloud/Virtualization Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, VMWare vSphere ESX/ESXi, (vRA), (vROPS), (vRO), (vCM), (vIN), PAAS: Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Version Control Tools: Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, GIT
AWS Services: EC - 2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Terraform S3, CloudWatch, Cloud trial, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, Amazon direct connect
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Artifactory
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Postgre SQL, SQL Server, No SQL.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Config Management Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker
Bug/Issue Tracking: JIRA, Rally, Fisheye, Remedy, ServiceNow
Scripting: Perl, shell, Ruby, Python, C, SQL, Java Script, PHP, HTML, Java, J2EE, Spring, .Net
Web Services: SOAP, REST
Operating Systems: MS Windows XP/2000/NT/98, UNIX, Linux
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Worked in extreme Agile environment with fast moving team and achieved stretch goals
- Performed AWS operations using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Load Balancer, Auto scaling
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and used Maven to schedule the builds
- Written reusable templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments
- Develop Python scripts to automate AWS services which include ELB, EC2, Security Groups, and S3
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating a local cluster and deploying application containers
- Setup Jenkins master and multiple slaves for the entire team as a CI tool as part of the Continuous development and deployment process
- Analyzed CI / CD process and create new more secure and efficient microservices oriented process/tools
- Technical knowledge in configuring TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, LAN, WAN, HTTP, HTTPS.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registriesand Kubernetes.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraformand Python, Docker container, Service Orchestration.
- Writing Pythonscripts with Cloud Formation templates to automate installation of Auto scaling, EC2, VPC and other services
- Integrated Ansible with Terraform to configure and install packages on the newly created Infrastructure
- Experience in load balancing and monitoring with Nagios and Splunk, ELK
- Managed EKS Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files & releases of Helm packages
- Executed Ansible playbooks using various roles for applications and deployed on hosts servers
- Performed installation and managed Grafana to visualize the metrics collected by Prometheus
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers
- Developed environments on AWS by provisioning on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, and Terraform
- Created Python and Bash scripts for various application-level tasks for implement automation
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Maven, Ruby, Python, Grafana, Prometheus, GIT, GitHub, JIRA, Apache, and MySQL, Groovy, WebLogic, Tomcat, Artifactory, Nginx, Red Hat
Azure DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Herndon, Virginia
- Setup CI/CD pipeline using Azure DevOps (VSTS, TFS) in both cloud and on-premises with MS Build, Docker, Maven
- Configured Windows Azure IaaS - Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines
- Helped teams to configure webhooks in Bitbucket to trigger automated builds in Jenkins
- Configured Docker containers using Kubernetes. performed automation and scaling of applications using Kubernetes
- Setup and Installed servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates (ARM)
- Created Azure DevOps pipelines for build automation and deployment as part of CICD
- Automated environment for the DevOps services using Python and Shell scripts
- Worked on Azure Storage, SQL Database, Key Vault, Traffic Manager, Auto Scaling using
- Developed Terraform modules to provision cloud infrastructure in different environments
- Automated configuration management using Chef to quickly deploys critical applications
- Used Kubernetes to cluster Docker containers in runtime environment throughout CI/CD
- Implemented Azure Infrastructure auto-provisioning, code deployments and software installation using Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates
- Deployed services using VSTS (Azure DevOps) pipeline to manage IAC of all applications
- Experienced in creating pods and clusters using templates in Kubernetes and deploy
- Created Docker images with Docker File, worked on creating an environment for Docker
- Configured Azure Active Directory and manage users and groups
- Written PowerShell scripts to administrative tasks and management of the infrastructure
- Designed Network Security Groups to control inbound and outbound access to resources
- Managed EKS Kubernetes service clusters using best horizontal pod scaling strategy
- Responsible for implementing containerized based applications by using Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Configured Load Balancer, Traffic Manager and worked on Application Gateway
- Developed AKS Kubernetes Pod definitions, deployments, Helm Charts to version control deployment strategies
- Worked on Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure creation of Resource groups
- Worked on Azure ExpressRoute to create private connection between Azure datacenters and on-premises
- Wrote Chef Recipes to automate build process and do an overall process improvement
- Implemented New Relic based on the requirement and for application and infra monitoring
- Monitored & troubleshoot Network, Linux and Windows servers using Splunk
Environment: Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Azure ARM Templates, CI/CD, Azure DevOps, Chef, Bitbucket, Maven, Splunk, New Relic, Python, Power Shell, Azure Monitor
AWS /DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Configured CI/CD pipeline using GitHub, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, and Ansible
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process and continuous integration system
- Configured Maven POMs to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated with SonarQube
- Built Azure environments by deploying Azure IaaS Virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS)
- Worked on different Azure services including Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, and PowerShell Automation
- Expertise in Docker images using Docker files and setup high availability in Kubernetes
- Deployed applications through Ansible and managed them in the production environment
- Created Kubernetes objects to support high availability production environments
- Used Power Shell for troubleshooting remote management of Azure Virtual Machines
- Setup Chef best practices to be used by developers as a guide to Chef Automation
- Configured IAM roles for AWS EC2 instances and assigns them policies granting specific level access to S3 buckets
- Worked on Configuration of Internal load balancer, and Azure Traffic manager
- Setup Jenkins pipelines for build and deployment of Microservices in Docker Container
- Used Cloud Formation for creating infrastructure like EC2, S3 buckets, and RDS, etc
- Using Amazon RDS Multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability for MySQL
- Configured Ansible and wrote various playbooks to manage existing infrastructure
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and Ant for the building of deployable antifactory from source code
- Involved in setting up and customizing AppDynamics for Servers
- Configured AKS Kubernetes cluster using best practises to support the production
- Monitored SPLUNK performance problems, administrations and open tickets
- Created dashboard in New Relic console for the monitoring purpose.
- Setup Azure practices, SQL Azure and in Azure web and database deployments
- Automated cloud deployments using Ansible and AWS Cloud Formation Templates
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom VPC’s, NACL’s, etc
- Integrated Docker orchestration framework using Kubernetes, created pods, config maps, deployments
- Use Ansible playbooks to automate Kubernetes clusters and objects deployments
- NewRelic application monitoring for performance metrics in real time to detect and diagnose application problems automatically
- Monitored & troubleshoot Network, Linux and Windows servers using Splunk
Environment: CI/CD, AWS, Azure, Docker, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Ansible, Git, Terraform, Ruby, Linux, Cloud Formation, Bash, Power Shell, New Relic, SonarQube, Jfrog Artifactory, Microservices
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working with Puppet.
- Created Puppet manifests, profiles and roles module to automate system operations.
- Strengthening security by implementing and maintaining Network Address Translation in the company's network
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments
- Designing and implementing for a fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by Using DevOps Technologies like Puppet.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance Automated SQL Scripts, Batch Scripts Deployment to staging and production Databases with TFS.
- Deployment and management of web services with Tomcat and JBOSS provided end-user straining for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
Environment: J2EE, Linux, Maven/ANT, Puppet, Jenkins, Tomcat, JIRA, GIT, SVN, Python, Perl, Shell Scripts, UNIX/ Linux.
Build and Release Engineer
- Created and enforced Configuration Management policies and procedures, project configuration management, adhere to the Company policy, was successful in implementing it.
- Worked on the transition project, which involves migration activities from ANT to MAVEN to standardize the build across all the applications.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion (SVN) repositories and the access control strategies.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Integrated the Code Quality Analysis tools like Find Bugs, JUnit and Check style into the projects.
- Build and Administered the Bamboo Continuous Integration servers.
- Build and Configured Bamboo Elastic for Parallel Job execution.
- Creating new build jobs, integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Bamboo to automate the process
- Tracking tasks and controlling changes in the cross-disciplinary field of configuration management using
- Installed and configured the Web Logic application servers for Dev and Integration Test Environments.
- Built and deployed Java/J2EE artifacts onto the Web Logic Application Servers in an Agile continuous integration process.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef& created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Experience in installation and configuration of Chef.
- Using Build Forge version control tools for developing multiple applications on Source codes repository.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
Environment: Bamboo, Chef, SVN, Ant, Maven, Oracle, SSRS, Web logic Application Servers.