- DevOps engineer wif over 7+ years’ experience in Cloud (Azure and AWS), DevOps, Configuration management, Infrastructure automation, Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD). I can implement effective strategies for N - Tier application development in both Cloud and On-premises environments. Experience in dealing wif Unix/Linux and Windows server administration.
- Experience in writing Infrastructure as a code (IaC) in Terraform, AWS Cloud formation. Created reusable Terraform modules in both Azure and AWS cloud environments.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud Services, EC2, EBS, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, API Gateway, Route 53, Cloud Watch, SNS.
- Expertise in building CI/CD on AWS environment using AWS Code Commit, Code Build, Code Deploy and Code Pipeline and experience in using AWS Cloud Formation, API Gateway, and AWS Lambda in automation and securing the infrastructure on AWS.
- Knowledge on Cloud technologies including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service provider (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Experience in Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, and manage Docker containers wif multiple names spaced versions using Helm charts.
- Hands-on in using OpenShift for container orchestration wif Kubernetes, container storage, automation, to enhance container platform multi-tenancy. Experience wif OpenShift, Kubernetes architecture and design, troubleshooting issues and multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale applications.
- Proficient in creating Docker images using Docker File, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images, and managing Docker volumes and implemented Docker automation solution for CI/CD model.
- Experience in Configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, and Puppet. Wrote Chef Recipes and cookbooks in Ruby scripting.
- Hands-on experience in bootstrapping the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef Recipes, Cookbooks wif test-kitchen and chef spec. Refactored Chef and Ops Works in AWS cloud environment.
- In-depth noledge and experience in implementing Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) using XML based SOAP/RESTful API Web Services.
Public & Private Cloud Technologies: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenStack, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Apache Mesos, OpenShift
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt Stack, Terraform
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab CI, Travis CI, Hudson, VSTS, TFS.
Build & Testing Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle, Selenium, JUnit, NUnit, xUnit
Version Control Tools: Git, Subversion, GitHub, Bit bucket.
Performing/Monitoring & Bug Tracking Tools: ELK, Nagios, Cloud Watch, New Relic, Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus, Confluence, and Jira. VMware ESXI, Vagrant, KVM, Windows Hyper V, Power VM, VSphere 5Citrix
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, Nginx, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Samba, SQL Server.
Databases: Dynamo DB, MySQL, RDBMS, NoSQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Mongo DB, Oracle DB
IDE Tools: MS Visual Studio, Net Beans, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, Oracle SQL Developer
Networking/Protocols: DNS, DHCP, FTP/TFTP, NFS, SMTP, TCP/IP, NIS, HTTP/HTTPS, WAN, LAN, Palo Alto, Cisco Routers/Switches
Scripting/Programming Languages: Python, Shell Scripting, Bash Shell, Korn Shell, Ruby, Groovy, PowerShell, YAML, Perl, C, C++, .NET, ASP.NET, Java, Java/J2EE, Go.
Operating Systems: RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Solaris, Windows, MacOS.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Worked in highly collaborative operations team to stream line the process of implementing security Confidential Azure cloud environment and introduced best practices for remediation
- Gathering the requirements from the clients about the existing applications to apply the security measures
- Creating, validating and reviewing solutions and effort estimate of converting existing workloads from classic to ARM based Azure Cloud Environment
- Developed automation system using PowerShell scripts and JSON templates to remediate the Azure services.
- Experience on CDN to deliver webpages and other content based on geographic locations of the user by using Cloud flare.
- Worked as an administrator on Microsoft Azure and part of DevOps Team for internal projects automation and build configuration management. Involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, and resource groups.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet wif Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Using Bash and Python, included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline wif Docker, Jenkins and GitHub by virtualizing the servers using Docker for the Dev and Test environments by achieving needs through configuring automation using Containerization.
- Involved in using Terraform migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline wif Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s, whenever a GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it. Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Worked wif Agile methodology in XL Deploy and XL Release, CI/CD automation from scratch, Docker, OpenShift).
- Configured web servers (IIS, Nginx) to enable caching, CDN application servers, and load balancers.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproductive builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest file and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Worked on Jenkins to implement Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat /Web Logic Application Server.
- Assist wif configuration of Cloud Compute systems using OpenStack on Ubuntu, collaboration using Orchestration wif Keystone, Kubernetes and other functions wifin Open Stack.
- Worked for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
Environment: s: - Azure, Terraform, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes, XML, Shell Scripting, PowerShell, Nexus, JFrog Artifactory, Jenkins, Git, Jira, GitHub, Ansible, Docker, Windows Server, TFS, VSTS, LDAP, Nagios.
AWS / DevOps Engineer
Confidential, San Jose CA
- AsDevOpsEngineerI is responsible for design, build, monitor, and enhance services and production environment.
- Developed and implemented an Agile SDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) infrastructure.
- Documented process documents for Jenkins, Bit bucket, CD Pipeline and Code deployment guide for Developers, Testers and Production Management.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Finally reach continuous delivery and Build clouds wif AWS.
- Management and design of integrated build pipelines using continuous integration and continuous development workflows such as Jira, Git, Jenkins and Chef.
- Integration of Automated Build wif Deployment Pipeline. Implemented scheduled downtime for non-prod servers for optimizing AWS pricing.
- Wrote CI/CD pipeline in Groovy scripts to enable end to end setup of build & deployment using Cloud Bees Jenkins and developed an end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Used Terraform scripts to Automate Instances for Manual Instances dat were launched before.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform.
- Wrote scripts for the build, deploy, maintain using Jenkins, Git, Maven, Python, Bash and worked on CI/CD involving Run Deck Jenkins and Ansible to complete the automation from commit to deploy.
- Configured monitoring of AWS Instances regularly using ops view andNewRelictools.
- Involved in Automation of regular administration tasks wif the Shell Scripting and Configuration management tool such as Chef.
- Implemented a CI/CD framework using Jenkins, Maven & Artifactory in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Git and JIRA
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning; Created roles, cookbooks, recipes, and data bags for server configuration, Deployment and app stack build outs.
- Working on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry (Artifactory).
- Capable of doing Ansible setup, managing hosts file, Using Yaml linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules wif Ansible.
- Worked in using Dockers Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Setup a centralized login mechanism (ELKwif File beat) based on Docker.
- Deployed the built Docker image on Mesos using Marathon. Using a multi-container setup deployed on Mesos.
- Worked on AWS costs by writing the Ansible Playbooks for auto Start/Stop of AWS resources at the time of the day by triggering it from Jenkins and noledge on RHEL on Ansible Playbooks, Modules and Roles.
- Designed various Jenkins jobs to continuously integrate the processes and executed CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Ansible Playbooks and Ansible Tower.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker-registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
Environment: - AWS, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Maven, Nagios, ELK, Java, SonarQube, Shell, Bash, Python, Dynamo DB, Cassandra.
Confidential - Birmingham, AL
- Worked in a team dat involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Experience in VSTS, TFS, Gated Check-ins, Build Definitions, Release Management, Power Configuring Virtual Networks, Designing Subnets, Gateway Subnets, Setup DNS at the Virtual Network level, User Defined Routes.
- Worked in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT on Linux platforms.
- Development and version control of Chef Cookbooks, testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB wif Chef Cookbooks.
- Worked wif Engineers on providing the configuration details of the DEV environments and assisting in Creating CHEF recipes for a Proof of Concept.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled wif load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Worked wif container based deployments using Docker, working wif Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Created and maintained user accounts, roles onNOSQL, production and staging servers.
- Maintained customer relationship managementRDBMS databases (MySQL).
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs, and configured the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of Python, Linux Shell and Perl scripting, UNIX, Windows, build and release engineering principals.
- Working in Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
- Participated in weekly release meetings wif Technology stake holders identify and mitigate potential risks associated wif the releases.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Web Logic, Tomcat, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Ruby Scripts, XML, JBoss Application Server.
Build and Release Engineer
- Responsible for daily Build & Release of applications, writing automation scripts.
- Installation, Configuration, Up gradation and administration of Windows, Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux and Aix.
- Worked on Linux Kick-start OS integration, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, Samba, NFS, FTP, SSH, LDAP integration.
- Network traffic control, IPsec, VLAN, Proxy, Radius integration on Cisco Hardware via Red Hat Linux.
- Worked wif Net filter Iptables for host-based security firewall rules, Pre-Routing and Post-routing rules.
- Implemented remote installation on servers using RedHat Linux Kick start and jumpstart/JET Servers.
- Installed and configured RedHat software’s and 3 rd Party tools using RPM’s and YUM on RedHat servers.
- Worked on Logical volume manager to create file systems as per user and database requirements.
- Created and configured volumes on Solaris 10 systems wif volume managers such as SVM, ZFS, and VERITAS.
- Configured and managed storage volumes such as LVM and VERITAS on RHEL/centos servers.
- Setup a domain and Active directory on Windows 2008 server. Installed and configure samba server On Solaris and Centos 6.4 server and mapping to windows 2008 server.
- Install and configured LAMP on RHEL/Centos servers. And configuration, installation of VMware (Virtualization).
Environment: Linux-RHEL 4.x, Solaris 10, VM Ware, VSphere, ESXi, SVN, ANT, Shell (bash), Apache Tomcat Application, Server, SQL, LVM, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, TFTP, SELinux, Apache Tomcat, NFS, RPM, YUM, and RAID.
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL
- Used SVN as source code repository.
- Responsible for creating new release branches and merging the branches.
- Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects.
- Developing the Maven build scripts (pom.xml).
- Configuring and Administering the Jenkins Continuous Integration servers.
- Built and Configured Jenkins Slaves for Parallel Job execution.
- Created end to end build automation and CI setup for button click push deployment.
- Creating new build jobs, Integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Jenkins to automate the process.
- Administrated Configuration management and version control for large projects on multiple sites.
- Implemented &maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion in Linux environments.
Environment: Subversion, Java, GIT, Mercurial, TML, Jenkins, Python, PHP, Linux, Apache, Maven, Capistrano and MySQL, MS Office