- High Level Technical Support and advancement in multi - service Systems implementation and OBJECTIVEprofessional service delivery
- A Senior Network Engineer with over twenty years of extensive hands-on experience in design, installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN infrastructure, networking protocols, QOS, and security appliances experienced on Windows XP, Windows 2000, Sun Solaris and Oracle.
- I am experienced on a wide variety VOIP, wireless CDMA2000 RNCs, EMS, DOMs, (aka Radios)and EVDO technologies and Network management software, Routers and Switches
Knowledgeable and experienced with: IP, IPX, DECNET, - AltaVista Firewall and Tunnel‘s H.323, SIP, Media Gateways - AltaVista search Engine VLAN -QOS Management Platforms, Structured Wiring Systems -Call Centers, CTI, CCR, IVR, ACD Conferencing Switches, LDAP -NAI Snuffer, NetIQ, Fluke, Sunsets Voice Trunk Signaling, PRI, -VoIP DNS Management and Operations Remote Access Security, IPSec, SSH, VPN’s Client-Server Applications, HTML
Vendor and Management Platforms: Alcatel Nortel Networks, Confidential, 3Com,Hewlett Packard, NetIQ, Network Associates, Shiva, PictureTel, Polycom, Technically Elite, NetScout, Microsoft, DEC, Compaq, Sun Microsystems, IBM Lotus, Red Hat, MandrakeADDITIONAL Alcatel ACSE OmniPCX Office AQFP 4400, AQFP OmniPCX Enterprise and Alcatel Omnivesta 4760 Call Management software, Novell CNA, CNE, ECNE, MCNE, Microsoft MCSE ly working on MCSE for 2003, Lotus CLP
Programs: Alcatel 4400 All Alcatel OmniPCX Enterprise All and OmniPCX Office all, Paradox, Dbase IV, Quattro Pro, Lotus Smart Suite, Access, FoxPro, Exchange Mail, Outlook, CC Mail, WordPerfect, PageMaker,, Ms Office Suite
- Provide post-sales 3rd level support for CDMA and LTE wireless networks, supporting major wireless carriers, wireless network which include Cisco’s ASR 5000 and ASR5500 and VOLTE that may arise from connectivity issues, including routing problems, Hardware/Software and misconfiguration issues
Sr. Solution Planning Engineer
- Provide planning, testing, and deployment engineering Design for Confidential PCRF platform.
- Dedicated account resource for Tier-3 NPX Team as an integral component of a brand new 4G/IMS network
- Pre-deployment functional and integration test plans.
- Create deployment engineering documents for nation-wide multi-site rollout
Lead Network Applications Development Engineer
- Design, develop, test, and deploy 3G AAA maintains authentication authorization in 3G Core (aka authentication authorization and accounting and 4G HSS maintains authentication authorization in 4G Core (aka Home subscriber network) architecture for Cricket’s wireless data network.
- Platform owner for the 3G AAA and 4G HSS Servers and network elements. Coordinate with other platform owners and external platform vendors to develop standards based call flow for controlling subscriber data sessions authentication Integrate the PCC Network with an external billing platform to support subscriber plans that require speed and data volume controls along with session re-directs, and blocking of user data sessions Test interaction with DRAs and HSS using mutable protocols produce technical documentation
Senior Customer Network Engineer
- Provide post-sales 3rd level support for CDMA 2000 1xEV-DO wireless network devices which include the DOM, RNC, and EMS products.
- This involves debugging a diverse range of problems ranging from Radio Access Network failures to EMS management software issues raised by various telecommunication operators.
- Resolve connectivity issues, including routing problems, bad hardware, and misconfigurations among wireless network elements including DOMs and RNCs, Aggregate routers, Core Routers and switches, and PDSNs
- Provide support for the Network Management EMS which runs on the Solaris 10 platform and Windows 2000/XP clients.
- Familiarly with executing SQL queries in Oracle database, troubleshooting performance problems and diagnosing disk hardware failures, on Sun servers and troubleshoot various java related issues that relate to the GUI.
- Participate in on-call pager 24/7 on a rotational basis.
- Respond to network outages, efficiently analyze the crash data and debug logs for network elements and work with the Engineering if needed.
- Managed cases in Oracle database, prioritize cases and close within strict pre-defined deadlines.
- Address issues related to RAN access failures, dropped calls, low throughput and poor network performance due to either sector carrier parameter configuration or backhaul problems associated with T1/PPP/Ethernet interfaces.
- Utilize internal tools which graph operational measurement statistics and determine cause of failures.
- Primary level 3 Network Engineer who was responsible in assisting the customer of all activities including test plan execution, trouble ticket management including issue prioritization, method of operations procedures and overall FOA acceptance.
- Drove new product builds thru various engineering development phases by working with Engineering, Program Management and vendor teams.
- Conducted status updates meetings with various design engineers and prepared progress reports and action plans for current project. Handled technical communications with customers in order to meet company objectives.
- Provided 7x24 support planned FOA upgrades and unplanned outages.Reviewed functional specifications with the Program team early in the development cycle to ensure that customer requirements are captured.
- Provide transfer of knowledge to the Technical Services team before moving onto the next development program.
Confidential, Littleton, MA
- Provide Level 3 support to CAI s Field Engineers and Business Partners on the CTM, CTX, and BSG working in a multitude of platforms including Voice over IP, SNMP, TCP/IP, H323, SIP, Firewall and internet securityPerform QA functions such as software anomaly verification tests and test case design and implementation on all of the CAI product line and new beta products
- Design tests to simulate customer problems and run performance testing.
- Travel to customer sites for installation and troubleshooting when required
- Make technical presentations to assist sales force and train customers.
- Test applications using traffic generation, measurement and reporting tools in a laboratory environment.
SENIOR PRINCIPAL ENGINEER/ SENIOR TIER THREE ENGINEER
- Design-Implementation planning Project management- Installation Application Performance analysis-Maintenance New Product Testing and release-Services quotations
- Data Routing and Switching-Converged Multi-service Voice Platform Enterprise PBX and Key Systems-Policy Management VoIP Solutions -VPN platforms utilizing Alcatel Hardware Network Management Systems-Unified Messaging Voice Gateways-Conferencing Servers
- Developed and implemented and ran the Remote Service Center the first year it went in to service
- Provide Level 3 support to Alcatel Field Engineers and Business Partners on OmniPCX Office installation, Troubleshooting potential bugs and incompatibilities. deployment of fully converged voice-data infrastructure for a major Real-Estate and Mortgage company, and a major supplier of dance customers, the United Way consisting of the deployment of IP, VoIP, QoS and SNMP management
- Produced network audit and analysis for Several other Verizon/Alcatel Customers
- Performed QA on all new North American OmniPCX Office operating systems and reported all finding to the Research and Development Team
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Position entailed dealing with customer and internal issues ranging from “Break and Fix” to Wide Area and Local Area Network Design and Implementation.
- Position required in depth familiarization with networking protocols, and configurations, in addition to many operating systems.
- Partial responsibilities included pre-sales support, technical support during sales calls, interviewing potential hires, and approving time and material estimates for System Engineer’s work.
- Architect Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes implementation for large companies with locations across the United States.
- The design included maintaining legacy connectivity and WAN considerations.
- Planned and architected a Lotus Notes restructure for a major insurance company
- Executed migration of 1500 users form OS2 to Microsoft Windows as the desktop platform. As part of the migration, installed and configured multiple software applications using a time boot processes that was developed in house.
Sr. Support and Systems Engineer
- Support Engineer Level -3 for Support Digital equipment. Moving to the AltaVista Engineering Div.
- Where I worked with the Firewalls, Tunnels, and Intranet Search.
- My responsibilities include Third level support for AltaVista firewalls, Tunnels under UNIX and Windows NT environment.
- I had to configure network settings to work through the firewall and or Tunnel this includes setting up and configuring the client’s environment to work with the firewall and or Tunnel. DNS configurations, TCP/IP configurations, and mail trouble shoot Customer configurations and solve issues.
- Relating to code problems, my further responsibility included Testing all Firewall, Tunnel, and Search Kits prior to release