- Seasoned IT professional wif over 15 years of experience in network security, monitoring, design, engineering, installation, administration, virtualization and cloud computing, project management, business and research analysis, data center and application support, and proposal management, using diverse network platforms: Windows (English and Japanese), Red Hat Linux (RHEL), Sun Solaris, HP - UX, etc. Strong research, analytical, quantitative, and interpersonal skills, including teaching experience for a Systems Analysis and Design class.
- Application Support Expert — Provided senior infrastructure engineer level support of a custom web application across a complex Windows AD, IIS, SQL, clustered, load balanced, virtualized, firewall protected environment.
- Network Monitoring — Provided SOC network monitoring using HP Openview, QRadar, Splunk, NNMi. Maintained and configured Windows and RHEL servers and applications to support SOC network monitoring and SIEM platform: HP Openview, splunk, SolarWinds.
- Project Management — Manage, schedule tasks, and project plans wifin budgetary constraints; review and submit RFPs and develop financial projections for projects.
- Requirements Team Leader — Led requirements team: wrote, defined, and revised business and user requirements and attributes using Rational Requisite Pro for US Army and NTT/Verio.
Operating systems: Windows, Unix Red Hat Linux (RHEL), Sun Solaris 8, HP UX
Software Packages: Microsoft Office Professional, Outlook, Sharepoint, Project, Visio, Hyperion, Quicken, Bloomberg, Marketsheet, Bridge, Docs Open, Remedy, Peregrine ServiceCenter, Rational Requisite Pro, Salesforce, splunk
Network Monitoring: HP Openview (Sun Solaris, NT), Smarts InCharge, MS Network Monitor, snmp
Remote access: PIX Firewall, Cisco VPN, SecurID, Citrix, SMS, VMware, Virtual PC
Network Backups: Veritas, Arcserve, and Microsoft Backup
Mail Server: Microsoft Exchange Server, Sun Solaris sendmail
Programming: perl, Python, SQL, SAS
Senior Security Engineer
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provided system administration and support for incident investigation and response.
- Provided support for splunk, generated user reports, and installed and configured add-ons for additional data feeds.
- Reinstalled SAFE and keys to resolve login issues for Encase.
- Performed CMS assessment and audit.
- Performed system updates for centos and ubuntu servers.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Implemented security STIG for all RHEL systems and assist wif Windows systems.
- Performed Nessus scans of systems to check implementation status for security STIG.
- Monitored and maintained RHEL and Windows servers in a private cloud for network monitoring and security incidents.
- Managed Satellite server to maintain RHEL licenses, packages, patches, and security updates.
- Produced reports of systems status using SolarWinds.
- Provided monthly maintenance for splunk servers.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Monitored all Windows and Unix servers, routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, and applications for outages and performance to maximize system and application uptime.
- Monitored and analyzed logs and alerts wif HP Openview, QRadar, Splunk, NNMi.
- Provided written and oral reports of technical issues to government executives.
Senior Identity Management Engineer
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Served as subject matter expert for AuthentX software used to handle PIN resets and certificate maintenance. Resolved numerous configuration, installation, and hardware driver issues.
- Engineered AppZero application virtualization solution to migrate card management software to computers wif incompatible software.
- Engineered and scripted installation of Viscount solution for PIV (Physical Identity Verification) card physical access.
- Deployed and configured card readers, fingerprint readers, and software to allow all USCIS devices and users to leverage DHS PIV Cards for Authentication.
- Developed documents, implemented testing plans of software and certificates, and executed software updates.
- Created, managed, and implemented change requests (CR) for IdAM team.
Technical Manager of Sales Operations
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Demonstrated product and responded to technical questions of teh customer.
- Wrote successful proposal for a multimillion dollar contract.
- Developed and modified contracts and addendums for prospective customers.
- Gatheird requirements for customer and evaluated feasibility of using teh company’s products.
- Provided Salesforce administration, configuration, reports, and training.
- Developed process flow diagrams for sales processes.
Data Center Support Engineer, Solutions Architect
- Developed documentation for a data center consolidation project.
- Installed and replaced server parts including motherboards, drives, and memory.
- Managed server installation and replacement in teh rack and provide cable management.
- Resolved Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007 issues.
- Restored files using teh EMC SAN.
Staff Systems Engineer
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Created, configured, and managed virtual machines for VMware and Virtual PCs.
- Installed, configured, and maintained dotnet application on Windows 2003 VM servers.
- Configured IIS, SQL, and DC servers and group policy.
- Wrote and modified SQL scripts to query and modify data from teh databases.
- Wrote, presented, and implemented configuration solutions for teh software product.
- Deployed product to virtual servers and updates to corporate client servers.
- Implemented security lockdown of teh application.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Led requirements team: wrote, defined, and revised business and user requirements and attributes using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Provided a gap analysis, feasibility study, and use cases for other data elements to be incorporated into teh data warehouse.
- Led JAD sessions to develop security and user management requirements for teh data warehouse.
- Installed, configured, and administered Sharepoint.
- Created and led data backup project plans using Microsoft Project.
Confidential, Chantilly, Virginia
- Worked on a team to architect NetIQ and Smarts InCharge network monitoring solution.
- Configured Sidewinder firewalls (Linux) to send logs to NetIQ’s Security Reporting Center.
- Backed up and restored SQL database for AppManager using Veritas.
- Installed and upgraded servers to Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 for NetIQ applications.
- Installed and configured Smarts InCharge monitoring software on a Windows 2000 server to track root cause network events.
- Installed, configured, and maintained Windows 2000 SQL Servers for Remedy.
Lead Systems Engineer
Confidential, Washington, District of Columbia
- Created SMS scripts to install software updates and patches to hundreds of computers.
- Resolved tickets escalated from teh first level help desk support staff for Department of Justice Tax Division
Senior Microsoft Consultant/Business Analyst
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
- Wrote, defined, and revised business requirements, project plans, and technical design documents to architect Japanese Solaris 9 and Windows 2000 hosting platforms.
- Researched and documented Japanese Windows 2000 and Solaris 9 differences.
- Participated in JAD sessions across functional teams for future business plans.
- Translated error messages of Windows 2000 installation for an Installation Engineer.
Confidential, San Francisco, California
- Provided first and second-level support on a Windows NT network of about 100 users for an investment bank.
- Assisted in configuration of a Cisco PIX firewall.
- Revised scripts for remote login and network diagrams to plan for network expansion.
- Created and edited network diagrams for network design wif Visio.
Equity IT Support
- Provided Japanese and English IT Support and Windows NT System Administration for about 50 users on Windows NT 4.0.
Confidential, Alameda, California
- Provided Sun Solaris and NT administration: edited teh netpasswd, group, aliases, hosts, and security files under sccs control.
- Set file permissions, groups, and aliases; killed processes.
- Installed programs, patches, and edited scripts.