- 8+ years of experience as a DevOps and Build and Release Engineer framework in application configurations, code compilation, packaging, building, automating, managing and releasing code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life - cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT, clear case, Stash used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Stash, Source Tree, Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications etc.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Experience in several AWS services EC2, VPC, S3, Cloud Watch, Auto scaling configurations etc.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools and Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like ANT, Jenkins, Teamcity, QuickBuild, Buildforge and Maven.
- 2+ years of Experience with DevOps methodologies implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Pipelines using tool sets like GIT, Jenkins, Rundeck, AWS and chef.
- Installed, configured and administered Continuous Integration tools such as Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Experience in Configuring and deploying to Application servers WebLogic and WebSphere.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Experience in using Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center.
- Develop and configure of Continuous Integration (CI) scripts for releases and Enhancing/Maintaining to suite the request from teams across the organization.
- Experience in Migration & deployment of Applications with upgrade version of Application & Hardware, MS build, batch script, IIS and Jenkins Administrator.
- Experienced with Handling Cloud environments (AWS and OpenStack)
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven, Shell and Perl scripts.
- Experience in working with continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for a successful Release.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and have the ability to work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
Build & CI Tools: ANT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, Cruise Control, Bamboo, Nexus, Puppet, Chef
Version Control: CVS, Clear Case, Perforce, Git, GitHub, SVN, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Languages: C, Perl scripting, Shell scripting,BASH, SQL
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, bamboo, travis, GO, Teamcity.
SCM Tools: CVS, SVN, ClearCase, GitHub, Perforce
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Scripting Languages: Perl Scripting, UNIX Shell Scripting, Ruby, Python
Web/App Servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Bugzilla
Databases: MS Access, MS SQL Server, Oracle
Testing Tools: JUnit, Cucumber, Sauce Labs
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux, MS DOS, Solaris
Confidential, Charlotte NC
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Developed installer scripts using Ant, Python and UNIX for various products to be hosted on Application Servers.
- Troubleshoot Build and Deploy Issues, with little downtime.
- Organized and Co-ordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Worked on Managing the Private Cloud Environment using Chef.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template -minimal.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Installed, Configured, Administer Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Automated Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Provided ANT build script for building and deploying the application.
- Integration of Automated Build with Deployment Pipeline. Currently installed Chef Server and clients to pick up the Build from Jenkins repository and deploy in target environments (Integration, QA, and Production).
- Provided stable build environments for product development.
- Worked on NoSQL database Cassandra.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT.
- Developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Member of the Technical Design team, Build and Release Module for Development of new products.
- Automated the local dev environment using Vagrant/chef-solo.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, Python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Provided UNIX scripts for deploying and building the system.
- Document release metrics, software configuration process.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Toad, Git,, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 12c, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Maven, Art factory, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, AWS, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Cassandra, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, Chef-solo/server
Confidential- Overland park, Kansas
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Implemented the Build automation process for all the assigned projects in Vertical Apps domain
- Monitor the UAT/Production Environments for any down time issues by performing regular cron job updates in servers.
- Evolving new tools/methodologies to improve this existing process and show better results to all stakeholders.
- Setup various Team Projects into different Team Project Collections in TFS 2013.
- Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool (Jenkins).
- Written Maven scripts, Installed Jenkins, written shell script for end to end build and deployment automation.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus and Continuous delivery environment (puppet, Yum, rsync Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and puppet.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tools like Puppet.
- Implemented JShint/JSlint testing tool to automate the code review process and published the results on Jenkins as well the graph by comparing everyday nightly builds.
- To configure and maintain codebase to support the build and deployment of code on servers.
- Merging and tagging need to be done after the code went live in environment.
- Maintain a Live Like environment to test any production issues on the setup and push it into production.
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centres.
- Configure and maintain stress server in different geographical location and provide setup in every release to perform stress testing.
- Configuration Management using Subversion (SVN) and maintaining admin related files.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Subversion, Jenkins, JIRA, TFS, Teamcity, Maven, GIT, ANT, Puppet, AWS, Python, Remedy, Weblogic, Unix, Shell Scripting.
Confidential -Silver Spring, MD
Build & Release Engineer
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using JENKINS and Maven.
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various Web logic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Creating builds using power shell Scripts, ANT/Maven scripts manually and automated.
- Troubleshooting deployment and installation issues.
- Automated the Build Process using Jenkins.
- Maintained necessary back-up of the important files and documented Linux scripts for future reference.
- Handling complete Build and Release process including code, documentation and supporting testing team along with the server Administration.
- Work with QA to facilitate verification of releases. Running multiple builds at a time.
- Managing Daily Builds, Weekly Builds, Nightly builds and Builds on fortnight basis.
- Managed and Administered Web logic 8 and 10.3 Environments.
- SVN administration like give access for branches and SVN repositories.
- Creating SVN repositories and give access rights to the authorized developers.
- Assist clients for application code migrations (for lower and higher environments) and Environment related issues.
- Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting steps - Tested and installed the latest software on server for end-users.
- Ensure servers and environments are available for developments and testing validation is meeting the expectation.
- Responsible for managing and creating different environments for PI Line of Business.
- Make sure the configuration, version and systems are working fine.
- Assist Clients and teammates to understand issues and help/coordinate with multiple teams to resolve issues and make the environment stable.
- Project estimation in terms of cost, resources and schedule.
- If a new environment has to be created it would need to perform the analysis and requirement gathering from the respective Application team and then co-ordinate the different activities involved with the same.
- Configuration changes and new environment setup.
Environment: GIT, Ant, Maven, Artifactory, Tomcat, WebSphere, Clearcase, ClearQuest, Java, SVN, Stash, VMware, Clear Quest Jenkins, Linux, JBOSS, Fisheye, Shell, Perl Scripting, Nexus, Crucible, JIRA, WebLogic, WebSphere, Jenkins, CAST, Chef, Puppet.
Confidential - Pataskala, OH
Build and Release Engineer
- Maintained and Administered GIT Source Code Tool.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Developed Processes, Tools, Automation for Jenkins based Software for Build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Managed Build results in Jenkins and Deployed using workflows.
- Delivered specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Modelled the structure for Multi-tiered applications orchestrate the processes to deploy each tier.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for Agile development in Subversion.
- Created Branches, and performed Merges in Source Tree & Stash.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Used Jenkins for Automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Very strong Project Management experience performing ITIL RM /SCM activities.
Environment: Jenkins, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Python, BASH & KORN Shell, JAVA/J2EE, Web Sphere, Batch file, SQL Scripts.
Confidential - Rockville, MD
Build and Release Engineer
- Focus on Devops and promote enterprise solution deployment assets to target environments.
- Used Pandas library for statistical Analysis.
- Implemented Ant build scripts to automate build process.
- Setup and configured Continuous Integration tools Hudson, Cruise Control.
- Created Jobs for the projects build and deployment.
- Scheduling the build and deployment using crontab.
- Setup and configuration of WebSphere application server profiles, configured data sources.
- Deployment of ear files into a WebSphere application server, troubleshooting the applications.
- Deployment of war files into a WebSphere Portal server, troubleshooting the applications.
- Setup and configuration of Tomcat, created multiple instances, did deployment of war files.
- Assist developers in build and deployment issues.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Configured Checkstyle, PMD, FindBugs code quality tools and integrated with Hudson and Cruise Control.
- Written customized Checkstyle checks.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in Subversion.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Involved software release management for the release of applications.
- Participating in daily meetings.
- Given Knowledge sharing sessions on SCM, Build, CI tools and Servers.
Environment: SVN, Ant, Maven, Cruise Control, Hudson, WebSphere App Server, WebSphere Portal Server, WebSphere MQ Server, Python, Batch, Shell, Quality Center, Checkstyle, PMD, FindBugs, Emma, JDepend, Eclipse, Tortoise SVN, Java/J2EE, z/OS, Unix, Linux, Windows.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes