Associates, Computer Systems Specialist, York Technical Institute, York, PA 4.0 GPA 1998
Citrix Server 4.5 Administration, CTX-1259A
CBT Nuggets courses completed, Microsoft System Center SCCM Configuration 2012 70-243 , Windows PowerShell v2-v3-v4 Ultimate, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 70-411 , Certified Ethical Hacker v8, Linux LIPC-1 101 and CompTIA Linux
A Certified, CompTIA
Dell Certified, Laptops, Workstations, Desktops, Printers, PowerEdge servers
IBM Certified, Laptops, Workstations, Printers
Windows 3.1/95/98/NT/XP/Windows 7/Windows 8/8.1/2000/2003/2008/R2/2012/R2, Linux Debian-focused with Mint/Ubuntu derivatives Red Hat/CentOS Kali/BackTrack Puppy, Arch , DOS
Microsoft Office 4.3-2013, Active Directory Domain Services and Certificate Services, Smart cards, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, WPAD, Clustering Failover Clustering, CSVs, High Availability, CAU , PowerShell, System Center 2012 R2 products - SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM Hyper-V , SCEP Citrix XenApp 4.0-6.5, Citrix Secure Gateway 3, AppSense DesktopNow 7.2, 8 App-V, Visual Basic 3-7 Splunk 5,6 CA BrightStor/ArcServe 6-16.5 Windows and Linux Virtual Server/PC, VMWare Workstation, Basic, Java, C , Symantec Ghost, Microsoft Project 2007-2010, Blackberry Server, Exchange 5,5.5 Symantec A/V Corporate 9,10
PowerShell ps1 and psm , DOS bat, cmd, wsf , vbs, some Python
Dell, HP, Compaq, IBM Lenovo all HP LaserJet including color, HP Multi-Function Devices, HP Plotters, Desktops, Laptops, Servers, Tape Drives and Libraries, Android, iPhone, Palm OS, Handsprig, Windows CE, Blackberry
Open Source Software Experience
I have operated numerous types of Open Source software deployments, including numerous desktops/laptops in my house for kids and adults , a MAME arcade cabinet with PLCs, Mythbuntu with streaming, Red Hat/Ubuntu servers featuring DNS, DHCP, OpenVPN, CrashPlan, DLNA, VNC, Plex Media Server, and many other functions. Professionally I run a CentOS machine collecting syslog information across our firewalls, and frequently tail/grep for network troubleshooting.
Teacher for certified courses, VB6, Access 97/2000 Levels 1-5, Excel 97/2000 Levels 3-5, Outlook 97/2000, and FrontPage 97/2000
- Primary Administrator for a highly-secured, regularly audited Citrix solution adhering to strict FISMA standards
- Responsible for identifying training for other members of the team, and following up with individualized training to ensure the team can properly support the environment
- Re-write processes, re-engineer solutions, and implement security changes according to audit findings and scanned vulnerabilities IP360 and Tenable
- Design and Implement a completely new environment, while simultaneously supporting the existing environment and maintaining a user experience to minimize disruption 1 FTE was provided over a 9-month period to accomplish this
- Active Directory Architecture and implementation for highly secured environment
- SCCM Administration including SCEP Antivirus, package deployment, updates critical to this environment , and UAT coordination
- Splunk and SCOM Administration primary reference for syntactic help when Security is refining reports
- Served as IT Project Manager for 2 years about 50 of my time from 2006-2008
- Self-trained in Terminal Server and Citrix due to the needs of the company, and then incorporated into the project Citrix training for the entire team see Citrix certification above .
- Served in multiple roles from desktop support to systems/server administrator for assigned clients.
- Primarily responsible for hardware and third-level software support for 500 on-site/WFH users
- Responsible for user data backup, migration to new leased equipment, return of lease equipment, and software compliancy
- Twice participated in lease renewals of 300 machines in a 3-month period. My responsibilities included calculating and arranging labor for lease renewal, arranging standard processes, and performing the work as part of the team. Both times the project was completed on time and on budget, meeting the customer's Service Level Agreement.
- Take over upgrade for client York International from Symantec Antivirus Corporate v9 to v10
- Administer Brightstor ArcServe backups and disaster recovery plans for 45 servers containing live client data and source code NT4 through Win2k3 servers .
- Provide third-level support to other regional server administrators as needed.
- Operate under SLA Service Level Agreement providing service and support to varying customers encompassing numerous roles, from C-level Executives to front-line manufacturing labor.
- Regularly provide feedback / improve standardized disk imaging procedures.
- Microsoft Beta tester for WinXP, OfficeXP, Windows Vista/7, and Office 2007/10.
- Involved in creation and implementation of a help desk solution for use by about 6,000 technicians in the US
Desktop support team member supporting 350 employees.
- Supported Windows 9x/NT4/Windows 2000 in an SMS environment
- Initiated and implemented help desk solution for IT department, then delegated and set priorities of tickets
- Developed solution for integrating Palm OS and Handspring devices with the help desk software
- Supported Xerox plotters 8830, 8830DDS, 755, 1055, 8845
- Installed, improved, and streamlined AutoCAD R14 installations in a highly customized environment to reduce install time from 3 hours to 35 minutes
- Instructor for VB, Access, Excel, Outlook, and FrontPage see Technical Skills above
Desktop support for 125 users.
- Supported 125 users and assisted in rolling out SMS
- Maintained and updated disaster and recovery plans
- Migrated users from three Novell 3.x servers with Windows 3.x clients to an NT4 server with Windows 9x/NT4 clients
- Designed and implemented project to migrate users from Office 4.3 to 97
- Migrated AutoCAD users from individual R12 licenses to Architectural Desktop R14 and 3D Studio Max with license server manager
- Configured NFS and NTFS file systems for ease-of-use while maintaining security