- Around 7 years of total experience in IT industry.
- Extensive experience in Windows 2012/2008 R2/2008/2003 R2/2000 Servers at single or multi domain platforms.
- Installing Domain Controller and implementing Active Directory, working on user accounts and group policies.
- Expertise in the area of Virtualization with vSphere, VMware ESXi 5.5/5/4.1/4 and 3.x hosts and Virtual Center server.
- Created, managed and supported Physical boxes HP Blade servers, Dell Power Edge rack mount servers and was involved in up-gradation of HDD, Memory and CPU.
- Experienced in ESX Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up of VM priorities, Cloning, Templates, and Snapshots
- Experienced in resource management framework, creating resource pools, adding the VMs into resource pools
- P2V and V2V conversions by using VMware Converter and platespin
- Experienced with the VMware HA, FT, DPM, and VMware DRS
- Extensive knowledge in advance features of ESX VMOTION, SVMOTION, VM Lab Manager
- Ability to implement VMware's Virtual Switch technology port aggregation, NIC teaming, VLAN trunking, and port groups
- Setup, Administer Support Server running Windows 2000, 2003 R2, 2008 R2
- Manage Licensing with KMS key, SAN Policy, Page Files sizes and location, Dump file settings, registry settings for SNMP, install and manage SEP, SolarWinds and Putty.
- Administration of production Windows Servers infrastructure that includes Domain Controllers, IIS Web Servers, File and Print servers.
- Performance monitoring, Error logging, Diagnostics, Fine-tuning and Backup management
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues for Windows server 2003/2008/2008 R2. Sys logs, IML and ILO logs, Bug check - Kernel Dump, Small memory dump as well as complete memory dump, Perfmon log.
- Worked on HP Service Manager 7 and Remedy ticketing systems.
- Experience on Backup tools and Monitoring tools.
- Strong experience on SCOM 2007/MOM 2005, SCCM 2007, 2012
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in data center Migration.
- Managed or assisted all phases of project - scoping, design, development, testing, rollout, user support and documentation
- Configured TCP/ IP protocols like NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, FTP, SFTP, SSH etc.
- Enabling Web Access and Securing the Published Applications and Content
Technical Skills Profile:
vSphere 4.0 and 4.1, 5.0, ESX 3.5, ESXI 4.0/4.1, 5.0,5.5
Virtual Center Server 4.0, 4.1, 5
VMware converter enterprise, VMware Update Manager
FT, HA, DRS, DPM, Vmotion and Svmotion
VMware GSX server, SRM, Thinapp, Lab Manager
VMware Workstation, VMware capacity planner
Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 servers, Linux Cent OS servers
Symantec Backup Exec , VCB, Double-take, Veeam
Network Monitoring Tools
Wireshark, Whatsup Gold, ASDM, Cisco Network Assistant, Alien Vault, Packet Trap
Project Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan documentation, Budgeting and Estimation Theories, Work Breakdown structure, Network Diagrams, working towards Kaplan PMP certification exam
SQL Server 2000 and 2005, MS Active Directory 2003 and 2008, DHCP, DNS, WINS, and Microsoft Internet Information Service 6.0
Role: VMware and Windows Consultant
- Creation of Windows 2008 R2 SP1 template in vCenter for virtual windows deployments.
- Customized Windows 2008 R2 Deployments, both Physical Virtual.
- Configuration of HP iLO 4 Interface for remote assistance diagnostics.
- Installed Windows on SAN storages configuration of QLogic Emulex Host Adapters.Configured HBAs and iSCSI SAN storage.
- Troubleshot SAN issues on Windows ESXi Environment.
- Administrating Symantec Endpoint Antivirus console, managing 300 antivirus client's computers like definition updates, Exception policies, scanning, reporting etc
- SEP Symantec End Protection Upgrade performed from v.11 to v.12 on over 5000 servers.
- Hands on experience with SCCM 2007 2012 consoles to deploy patches, create collection distribute the package.
- Monitoring of Server Alerts through SCOM Console.
- Creation management of change tickets in BMC Remedy.
- Windows ESXi Password Management through CyberARK.
- Decommissioning of Legacy Windows 2003 servers.
- Implemented and Managed Symantec Antivirus console
- Implementation Configuration of Windows 2008 R2 Sp1 Cluster in a four node Cluster with Node-File Share Majority Node-Disk Majority.
- ESXI 5.1 4.1 custom Installations, firmware Upgrade on HP DL380p Gen8 HP DL560 Gen 8 for ESXi Environments.
- Host Profile creation for ESXi 5.1 Builds
- Thorough QA testing of deployed ESXI builds before adding to the Prod Environment.
- Configuring and Implementing VMware on HP Proliant Blade Servers.
- Other Day-to-day activity involves storage expansion on Windows, NIC Teaming, Memory Upgrades, Active Directo ry Domain join.
Role: VMware Administrator
- Member of Project IT team responsible for maintaining datacenters and associated running systems, involved with developing and implementing IT initiatives to increase productivity and efficiency while reducing management overhead.
- Performed Virtual Machines backup, snapshots, cloning, P2V and V2V conversion using VMware stand-alone convertor.
- Creating/Managing Virtual Machines, creating clones and templates/images for deploying VMs, audit them for perfection and manage utilities and applications installed on those VMs.
- Good knowledge on data replication technologies, server migration and disaster recovery strategies VMware SRM .
- Using Veeam to backup physical server
- Provided backup and recovery support using Veeam.
- Create a procedure for the P2V migration and make a decision along with the client team to decide which servers to be virtualized
- Maintain, implement and optimize operating systems/software utilizing VMware virtualization technologies for vSphere 4.0/4.1/5.0 including configuration of VMware HA and DRS.
- Assisted in initial setup and connectivity issues between ESX/ESXi hosts and storage arrays.
- Experienced HP Service Manager 7 and Remedy ticketing systems.
- Strong experience with the VMware HA High Availability , Fault Tolerance, Distributed Resource Scheduler DRS and VMware Distributed Power Management DPM
- Install multiple Operating Systems in different VM's and configure vmtools on them to accelerate hardware functionality and also maintain and configure unattended VM's builds
- Installed vCenter Server instances to enable centralized management of multiple hosts. Maintaining and troubleshooting VMware vCenter
- Creating and managing the VMware cluster with HA and DRS.
- Move cluster from one Vcenter to another Farm.
- Increased drives of the Virtual Machine.
Environment: VMware vSphere 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, ESX/ESXi 4.0, 5.0, VMware vCenter, VMware Standalone Convertor, Veeam Backup and replication tool, Windows Server 2008/2008 R2, HP Proliant BL DL server series, HP Insight Manager, EMC Clarion Storage. Virtualization Hyper-V and VMware . Clustering MSCS, VMware and MSSQL
Role: Wintel / VMware Admin
- Assisting in planning, implementation and managing virtual environment - Server setup, configuration administration for Windows 2008/2008 R2, Windows 2003 Windows 2000 Server and Active Directory Administration.
- Deploy a corporate VMware ESX Server infrastructure with capacity for 780 servers across 3 separate datacenters. Installed and Implemented VMware ESXi 4.0/5.0 host servers with vSphere Client.
- Configured HBAs and iSCSI SAN storage
- Optimize operating systems/software utilizing VMware virtualization technologies for vSphere 4.0/4.1 including configuration of VMware HA and DRS.
- Manage testing, implementation and administration of vCenter Lab Manager Server
- Administered, maintained and monitored Central site with several remote Primary sites based on Windows 2003 Servers in a Windows 2003 Domain. Troubleshoot company websites related queries on each server, manage DFS Replication on all the servers.
- Manage SQL server and Windows Cluster Administration, manage Active Directory and Domain policies
- Perform troubleshooting of operating system and software infrastructure issues on Domain Controllers, Member Servers, Server Clusters, and Virtual Machine Farms
- Built servers and installed applications as per the company standards and requirement. Used windows 2003 Standard and Enterprise Edition x86 and x64. Upgraded Firmware, NIC drivers for Blade servers.
- Disaster recovery planning, implementation and recovering systems during crash or hardware failure.
- Update and patch all ESX servers and coordinate hardware-software installations and upgrades to ensure work is performed in accordance with company policy.
- VMotion and Storage vMotion according to the requirement.
- Created Snapshots according to user's requirement.
- Maintain daily operations for Windows server infrastructure and components.
- Controlling and encrypting access to data and applications to improve security.
Environment: VMware vSphere 4.1, ESX/ESXi 4.0, VMware vCenter, VMware Standalone Convertor, Windows Server 2008/2008 R2, HP Proliant BL DL server series, HP Insight Manager, EMC Clarion Storage. Virtualization Hyper-V and VMware . Clustering MSCS, VMware and MSSQL
Role: VMware Administrator.
- Create Virtual Machines and Install/upgrade VMware Tools
- Provided physical to virtual migrations for servers utilizing VMware Converter, Vizioncore
- Manage snapshots, clones, templates during patch releases and new server deployments, Experience with installing, configuring and troubleshooting VMware Lab Manager
- Created and managed separate VMware clusters like QA, Development and Production.
- Managed Troubleshoot Virtual Network issues
- Worked on VMware clustering like HA and DRS clusters using VCenter.
- Worked on Cold/Hot migration and Vmotion
- Worked on resource management framework like creation resource pools, adding the VMs into Resource pools.
- Configured Netbackup Client
- Patched all Windows servers and workstations with updates through WSUS server with Company standards
- Configured DNS, DHCP
- Customized 2003/2008 servers in terms of Registry, Audit/Account/Security policy, patching, to sustain Company Standard Operating Environment
- Participated in Project Management in several key projects which included the migration and consolidation of several data centers, migration planning for future system consolidation.
- Configured and Managed if any issues with HP Proliant ML/DL servers
- Ensured adherence to procedures and processes for hardware, software, and applications
- Performed operational turnover on all system implementations.
- Performed problem analysis and Root Cause Analysis when failures occurred.
- Interacted with different teams to meet the deadlines and participated in weekly meetings
- Implementation, Deployment and operations of SAN technologies
- Migration of remote si te applications to Data Centers
Environment: VMware ESX 4.0/3.5, VSphere 4.0, Windows Server 2008/2003, Active Directory 2003, HP Proliant Servers.
Role: Windows Administrator
- Implemented Microsoft Clustering on Wintel Platform on different applications.
- Experience in TCP/IP connectivity and x86/x64 Operating System troubleshooting, installation, configuration and support of business application software suites
- Created User Accounts, Configuring User Profiles, Creating local and Global Groups and implementing Group Policies.
- Active Directory users, groups, and computers including delegating authority and applying permissions to various member servers' nomenclature.
- Installing, Configuring and troubleshooting Operating Systems Windows 2003, 2000. Responsible for software upgrades, application support and optimization.
- Configuration and Managing Remote Installation Service RIS .
- Installed and implemented Smart Start to configure RAID 1 and install OS on bare metal HP Blade servers
- Installed and implemented Manage Engine monitoring application and configured SNMP and WMI on Servers and other network devices for reporting and alerts notifications.
- Responsible for helpdesk support using Spiceworks ticketing system, inventory and system reporting.
- Participated in the migration planning, developing, testing and moving the migration process onto full-fledged production network.
- Maintain a staging and pre-production test environment from which I provided development of Cerner and many standard desktop applications prior to integration into production
- Configuration of Domain Naming Server DNS and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol DHCP .
Environment: Windows 2000/2003 Servers, Active Directory, Network Printers, Windows XP.
Role: System Administrator
- Evaluated and implemented new technologies. Deployed and maintained 150 servers that include VMware, Microsoft and RedHat Linux platforms.
- Installing, configuring administering Windows 2003 Enterprise Server.
- Deployed VMware ESX server 2.5 virtualization technology for Intel platforms Windows and Linux servers .
- Migrated with team 100 servers from NT 4 to Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 environment, including File and Application Servers restored File permissions and Shares.
- Implemented Microsoft DHCP, DNS, WINS, Domain trust relationship, fault tolerance, file and print services, user and group management.
- Installed, and supported 100 Desktops, Laptops, Network Devices, and Computer Peripherals with the IT team
- Was Responsible for Active directory, GPO, Domain users, Administrating users and groups and given appropriate permissions and privilege to access our LAN and Domain environment.
- Installed, configured, administered Windows 2003 servers, Active Directory Services, FTP, WSUS, IIS Web Server and SQL Database Server
- Installed and configured 40 new servers at client location with win 2003 Operating System and their required Applications. Configured the Security Policies /group policies and changing the registry to meet the required se curity for the Organization