Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012,RedHat Linux 6.4, HP - UX 11.XX, AIX 5.1 or higher,
Software: Microsoft Office suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio, 2007 and 2010, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Virtual Server, Windows WDS (MDT), HP Insight Manager, BMC Blade Logic, Tivoli Maestro (Job Scheduler)
Hardware: Dell/Hp Laptops, Dell/Hp/Gateway/Lenovo/Toshiba/Acer/IBM Laptops, DSL modems, Cable modems, Cisco routers and switches, Linksys/Netgear /Dlink wireless routers, Installation of peripheral devices, Category 5, 5e and 6 cabling, iPhone.
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, SSL, FTPS, NFS, DHCP, DNS, IPSec Protocols, Windows Networking Infrastructure, 2008 Directory Services
High Availability/Clustering: HP Mirror/UX, LVM, HP Serviceguard (v11.18,11.19,11.20)
Virtualization: HP Virtual Machine (v4.5, v5.0), HP Virtual partitions running on a 32-way HP SuperdomeTECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Troubleshooting PC’s Hardware and Software
- Operative Systems Installation: Windows 2000/XP/Vista,7 and 8, HP and AIX
- Network Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008 R2, Linux Ubuntu and Linux Fedora
- Assembling PC’s generally: Dell, Lenovo, HP, Compaq and Customized Gaming PC’s
- Managing and troubleshooting Microsoft Server 2003 and 2008 R2. HP UX
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 Suite, strong background HP-UX
- Great technical communication skills in Computers and Smartphone’s in hardware and operative systems
- Over 15 or more years in Unix system administrator experience. Support includes mission critical applications, clustering and virtualization of servers in a large data center environment.
- Procssess excellent written and verbal communication skills with good management and organization skills.
- Strong Knowledge in current Smartphone’s operative systems such as Apple iOS and Android
- Used Active Directory to create OU’s, User Accounts, Groups, Assigned Group Policies, Shared Folders, Used Group Policies to deploy Microsoft Office Applications to end-users
- Utilizing Packet Tracer I designed a multi router network topology, I used VLSM to create a subnet based on the numbers of clients on a specific segment and in between routers, also applied Routing Protocols to advertise the routing table.
- Created VLANs and applied VTP to forward VLAN information across multiple switches.
Confidential, Dayton, New Jersey
Senior Unix TechnichianResponsibilities:
- Handle over 10,000 servers in many flavors, such as AIX7, Linux and Sun. Worked on the 3rd shift of the day. To do system maintenance and users requests.
- To use your various home growth scripts to identify system problem first than related that information to other team member. The goal is to get the system up fast and data integrity.
- Install many different kind of request from various users from other part of the world and execute the request in many ways:
- Personal scripts
- Patch Requests
- System Reboots
- System Upgrade
- Perform system check and row over systems and users logs for next business day cycle.
Confidential,Teterboro, New Jersey
Senior Unix System AdministratorResponsibilities:
- Worked with database administrators, developers, project managers, and application management to design, implement, and support applications and databases on UNIX platforms.
- First to install job schedule for Quest using Tivoli Job scheduler called Maestro than upgrade to BMC products called Control-M. Created the job data library, implemented the SOP to the operation and knowledge transfer.
- Perform all duties related to UNIX (HP,AIX, and RHEL) system administration, DNS, NFS, user account maintenance, backup and recovery.
- Install, upgrade, and support virtual servers and partitions using HP Virtual Machines, Virtual Partitions
- Oversee maintenance, upgrades, and failover testing of HP-UX cluster (HP Serviceguard).
- Collaborated performance issues with other teams to ensure applications and Oracle databases were optimized
- Successfully completed new projects on schedule and within budget.
- Evaluated and solved system and network problems using various diagnostics and protocols including, NFS, TCP/IP, and DNS.
- Collaborated with departments to identify capacity planning as well as define system requirements using native UNIX tools (sar,top,topas) and third party tools such as BMC Patrol, HP Glance/Perfview
- Security compliance of servers including documentation and server configurations for PCI and SOX regulations. This included participating in security audits with internal and external auditors. Work with PWC and E&Y auditor for system audit on all Unix servers Support all phase of the audit and security issue on the Unix systems.
- Successfully participated and planned, in disaster recovery exercises. Coordination with third party vendor fulfilled business continuation goals.
- Work with PWC and E&Y auditor for system audit on all Unix servers Support all phase of the audit and security issue on the Unix systems.
- Storage support of EMC SAN including storage requests to storage team, load balancing software upgrades (PowerPath), BCV storage adds for backups.
- Configure Backups of oracle databases and server filesystems using EMC Networker