- Excellent Troubleshooting and Systems Analysis Skills
- Strong Acumen for Technology in Support of Business and Systems Analysis
- Quality Assurance, Constituent Satisfaction, Compliance and Business Continuity
- Technology Systems Management, Support, Development and Analysis
- Project Management and Responsible Budget Management
- Contract Negotiation and Vendor Relationships
- Execution of Technology Vision and Mission in Support of Organizational Goals
- Able to See Tasks/Projects/Goals through the Lens of Organizational Priorities
- Strong Team Development and Leadership
Director of IT/VP of IT & CIO
- Developed and managed multi - million dollar IT budget spanning institutional needs.
- Determined IT vision, mission, departmental goals and policies (e.g. Acceptable Use of Technology and Information Assurance Policies).
- Negotiated IT contracts, hardware refreshes, and managed a talented IT staff of up to 17.
- Orchestrated an organization wide Information Assurance program including PCI Compliance, security assessments, security awareness, data loss prevention and training. The Information Assurance initiative achieved its goal to increase security awareness and significantly reduce instances of security violations.
- Coordinated technology infrastructure and network on all sites while managing IT project portfolio including systems analysis, design, testing, implementation and post implementation project assessment.
- Selected vendors, planned and executed network/infrastructure implementation and budget for 3 multi-million dollar buildings.
- Executed a 2014 lease buyout of $530,000 worth of copy machines and printers while negotiating service contracts to maintain a consistent level of service.
- Developed and implemented continuity of service plan including site to site and cloud failover and redundant Internet and WAN that eliminated downtime due to primary or secondary provider failure.
- Drove technology initiatives including the following:
- ImageNow Document Imaging Storage Area Network
- Retention Alert Improved Data Backup and Retention
- Blackboard Analytics Data Warehouse Virtualized 1000+ Classroom Computers
- Website Content Management System & Hosting Service Virtualized 60+ Servers to Reduce Footprint
- Online Student Services and Facilitate Site to Site Failover
- Multiple Website Redesigns Redundant Internet, Point to Point & Cloud Email
- 2 Beta Projects IT Infrastructure for 3 New Buildings
- A 24 X 7 Student Helpdesk Multiple Phone System (CUCM) Upgrades
- HR & Advancement Systems McAfee Endpoint Suite
- LMS & SIS Integration Finance Lab
Assistant Director of IT
- Successfully led implementation of a new web content management system and web redesign for our re-branding efforts, an organizational portal, email migration from Lotus Notes to Exchange, new IT ticketing system and online student services.
- Orchestrated a beta engagement with Ellucian for their Active Campus portal product.
- Responsible for working closely with Network services to ensure appropriate infrastructure and services for each software project during the evaluation, implementation, testing, and production phases of each project.
Database Administrator/Lead Programmer/Analyst
- Lead project for a multi-million dollar Ellucian student information system (ERP) implementation and data conversion from legacy system. I was also responsible for learning every aspect of the new system in order to guide implementation.
- Programmed system integration between enterprise system and the learning management system.
- Created an inventory database for IT Department use.
- Developed Domino database and workflow applications for use throughout the college (employee exit workflow, helpdesk ticket system, etc.).
- Maintained website presence
- Managed staff including Systems Analysts, Webmaster, and Blackboard Administrator.
- Increased system uptime exponentially. CAMS went from crashing every day 3-4 times per day to scheduled maintenance only.
- Improved departmental adoption through systematic systems analysis, discovery and training techniques applied to the benefit of 20+ departments.
- Performed database administrator functions like database maintenance, monitoring, data import/export and system updates.
- Created customized reports and edited existing reports, scripts for automation, interfaces, forms, and queries. Utilized third party programs such as Excel, Crystal Reports, Access, Word, and Domino to present or manipulate data for user.
- Collaborated with CAMS support to foster enhancement requests to fruition and research/prioritize bug fixes.
- Developed procedures for departments that integrated the use of CAMS into their daily procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing site maintenance operations, payroll, and accounts payable.
- Also responsible for tenant collections, and representing the Outlets at trade shows and chamber events as needed.
- Took initiative to create an Access database program to streamline accounts payable monitoring and submittal.