Broad experience creating training materials and documentation. Known for clear, concise documentation; known for excellent customer interaction and understanding customers’ needs. High scientific, medical, and math acumen; rigorous spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Technical Writer (April 4, 2010 May 21, 2010 (2-week contract extended to 6 weeks)) 2010
Edited training documentation written in Germany for an SAP conversion in US plants, to be ISO9000-compliant. Worked with SMEs to verify accuracy.
- Tested and tracked processes, including inconsistencies and organization, across 180 documents.
- Worked with other technical writers to create style template and procedures for consistent formatting.
Confidential, Telford, PA 1999 2009
Sr. Help Desk Specialist (2007 2009)
Served as primary point-of-contact for over 800 users in-house and in the field; logged and tracked calls using problem management database; documented, organized, and maintained databases; documented departmental procedures; measured KPI and compiled reports; wrote clear instructions; trained and supported customers on effective use of hardware and software; installed software.
- Created departmental COGs (Common Operational Guidelines), enhancing consistency and efficiency.
- Created procedure documents for US personnel, increasing productivity and minimizing calls to IT.
- Administered the company Intranet for U.S., creating new accounts and training customers, including new Workspace Managers, providing enhanced document security, organization, and sharing.
- Tracked user accounts and access rights in Active Directory, maintaining system and data security.
- Worked with developer to test proprietary HR software, enhancing efficiency for company-wide use.
- Worked with other areas of IT to analyze issues, providing quick resolution for 2nd level support.
IT Technician (1999 2007)
Logged and tracked calls using problem management database; documented, organized, and maintained databases; documented departmental procedures; wrote clear instructions on effective use of hardware and software; installed software; created and maintained accurate user accounts; responded to calls for assistance on hardware/software, including printers; performed backups of servers; provided backup for telecommunications technician.
- Designed, documented and maintained a customer self-help database, reducing support calls considerably.
- Developed and delivered a training seminar for national Sales meeting, increasing customer efficiency in hardware and software use, as well as preserving data integrity.
- Documented server backup procedures, allowing consistency in backup performance and ease of training new technicians.
- Created training documentation for customers for new network cards, facilitating roll-out of new technology.
DIAMOND MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS, Jenkintown, PA 1997 1999
- Configured Novell and NT servers for country clubs; configured printers and POS (Point-of-Sale) PCs; built printer cabling; tested all systems to verify functionality; documented, packed, and shipped all equipment and accessories on schedule.
- Documented procedures in detail so all technicians configured equipment identically, facilitating future troubleshooting.
- Created and maintained logs for all incoming and outgoing equipment, allowing for ease of tracking and accountability.
- Maintained tight shipping schedule, allowing onsite DMS technicians to install equipment on schedule.
Confidential, Danboro, PA 1995 1996
Assisted new company-wide network installation during co-op experience; installed software; diagnosed and resolved PC and printer issues; transported desktops to and from IT lab.
- Documented myriad procedures, facilitating training for subsequent students.
- Set up 10 desktops and peripherals in training lab in one morning, then assisted with software installation, allowing for training to occur on schedule.
EDUCATION and PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BS, Information Technology
- Technical Writer, Sr. Help Desk Specialist, Intranet Administrator/Trainer.
- Windows XP, MS Office 2003, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Visio, Lotus Notes 6.4,
- Cisco VPN tokens, Nortel VPN, Nortel Call Pilot, Trend Micro, Symantec, BlackBerrys, Remedy, AdventNet ServiceDeskPlus, NT and Active Directory networking, server backups.
- Basic knowledge in Vista, Windows 7, Adobe InDesign CS3, Photoshop CS3, SAP, Web programming, SharePoint, Database Management.