- Extensive background in spearheading COBOL software development, programming, application development and troubleshooting efforts coupled with experience in employee training and university level technical teaching.
- Creative troubleshooter and highly effective technical analyst with outstanding ability to identify operational deficiencies and implement system improvements.
- Expertise in handling many projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Accustomed to working effectively within high - pressure and fast-paced environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated on daily basis.
- Microsoft Visual C++
- PVCS Source Control
- Microfocus COBOL
- HP Unix
- Solaris Unix
- SQL Server
- Sybase Transact SQL
- Microsoft Office
- Visual Basic 6
- IMS, IMS DB/DC
Confidential, Dulles, VA
Production Support System Analyst
- Used the following tools/software/code to complete my tasks: Applications Linux logs, DB2, SQL, Control-M/EM, Splunk, TSO/ISPF, COBOL, JCL, CICS, JIRA
- Took complete ownership of production problems and issues anticipating and mitigating risks, escalating issues appropriately and keeping all necessary parties informed, and formulating and implementing management approved work-around often in a critical timeframe.
Senior Technical Analyst
- Designed, Coded and Unit Tested all code changes in COBOL and C++.
- Delivered all patches to clients either via ftp or email.
- Was PVCS Administrator
- Presented materials to clients Confidential User Conferences.
- Worked on cases both as a functional and technical analysis.
- Assisted the Director of Support in renewal notices for our clients.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Mentored students resulting in a 98% pass ratio.
- Provided input for enhancements to existing curriculum in order to deliver the most appropriate and up-to-date technical knowledge to students.
- Participated in new instructor recruiting efforts by assisting with technical interviews.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Software Engineer II
- Key contributor to successful generation of Confidential Government Contract, one of the biggest contracts in Confidential ’s history.
- Assigned responsibility by manager to train new employees on new development team policies and procedures.
- Selected to serve on College Recruiting Teams for Confidential and Confidential .
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Spearheaded pre-production testing improvement efforts.
- Main point of contact for production team.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Information Management Member (Programmer/Analyst)
- Analyzed and redesigned Oracle database layouts for improved data storage and standardization of all data store names.
- Troubleshot code problems and liaisoned between the Outbound Order Negotiator Help Desk and downstream dependent systems.
- Helped identify approximately $500,000 worth of unbilled usage by participating in investigations on behalf of Inbound Corporate Level Team.