- Over 30 years experience in diverse environments focusing on IT management, customer service, system and network administration, and vendor relations.
- Provided exceptional customer support for internal and external customers throughout the Confidential and international locations.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve issues related to system and network administration.
- Focused on developing a strong team environment.
Operating Systems: Windows Desktops and Servers Windows 95 to Windows 8, Windows Server NT to 2012, Linux, MP RAS UNIX, IBM iSeries, AS400, OpenVMS, Mobile devices
Software and Protocols: Cherwell Service Management, Google Applications Admin, VMWare, Lotus Notes, Domino, Sametime, Quickr, and Traveler, ITIL, Project Management, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Spam and Web filter applications, SQL Server, Exchange, DK Helpdesk, IIS, Outlook, Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, Symantec BackupExec, Networking protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP)
Hardware: Intel desktops and servers, Macintosh, NCR, VAX, AXP, full screen and PDA handhelds, hubs, switches, routers, Cisco Firewalls and switches, Barracuda spam and web filters
Confidential, St. Charles, MO
IT Manager Service Desk
- Manager of Service Desk, Desk - Side Support and Security teams supporting 20 Confidential and International locations.
- In-sourced the Service Desk building a team of 14 local and remote employees responsible for providing Service Desk, on-site Technical, Security access and audit support.
- Implemented Cherwell Service Management system to establish supportable Service Catalog with SLAs and metrics to provide continuous improvement of Customer support and responsiveness.
- Established new hardware standards for desktops and laptops, moving to a smaller more mobile environment. Negotiated with vendors to provide decreased costs and increased availability.
- Involved in project converting an on premise Exchange environment to O365 for increased productivity.
- Upgrading printer environment throughout the company to a more secure and cost effective model.
Manager Technical Services/Senior System Administrator
- Hands-on manager of system and network administration team providing excellent customer service for 120 external customers nationwide. Support included system design, configuration, administration and 7x24 technical support of customer UNIX servers encompassing hardware support, upgrades, backups, monitoring, disaster recovery and printer support. Customers also required consulting on internal networks to interface with Windows systems and handheld devices.
- Improving customer support by transitioning customers from modem connections to VPN tunnels between local networks and the St Louis VIP office, this required configuration of PIX firewall in St. Louis and coordination with customer’s network support.
- Primary Administrator and technical support for Lotus Notes/Domino E-mail environment including spam and web filtering software covering 5 branches and multiple remote users. Successfully moved 195 users from Lotus mail to Google Apps for Business environment.
- Day-to-day system and network administration providing a secure and reliable local office infrastructure utilizing an Active Directory environment including support of Windows and Unix servers, Windows desktops, phone systems, local and wide area networks. Full management of 3 office relocations entailing computer, network, furniture, phones and all other required connections.
- Vendor Negotiations for customer contracts to provide server and printer upgrades and maintenance. Hardware maintenance contracts netted a 17% profit to the company. A profit of 18% was realized for customer hardware upgrades along with services to implement the new equipment at the customer location.
Manager Technical Services
- Manager of a team of 9 System Administrators and System Engineers remotely supporting 120 customers nationwide with system configuration, build and setup, system administration, network consulting and technical support on UNIX and NT systems including handheld communications and support.
- Ongoing support of office infrastructure and test lab facility including: windows servers, desktops, network equipment and phone system.
- Coordination of vendor agreements to meet hardware and service needs of customers in the areas of servers and handheld equipment. Implementation of agreements for resale of servers, printers and handhelds for customer sites.
- Establishment and maintenance of inventory of customer required hardware for resale and support.
- Management of multiple office moves encompassing all hardware and communications needs.
- Primary office support person for Microsoft Exchange mail servers.
- Responsible for day-to-day coordination of daily tasks for team, salary and performance reviews.
Senior Consultant/Field Manager
- Management of a team of full-time employees and consultants responsible for system management and support for over 150 VMS systems nationwide.
- Cross team coordination with helpdesk, network and operations teams to ensure customer satisfaction. All project management of implementation and installation of NT servers for remote locations.
- Establishment and implementation of security policies in a 2000+ user NT Domain.
- Support of hardware and software applications on VMS systems including installation of software and hardware.