Operating Systems: Windows 8.1; Windows 8; Windows 7; MS 98, 2000; MS Windows Vista, XP; MS Windows Server 2003; MS Windows Server 2012; Ubuntu Server 16.04.1
Software Applications: MS Office Suite 2000 - 2010; Microsoft Outlook; Norton Ghost; Desktop Asset Request & tracking system (DART); Carbon Copy; Remote Control; Remedy Ticketing system; Lotus Notes Mail; Altiris; Eracent; PGP Encryption; Run advertise; Entrust Entelligence Digital ID; Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client; Extend 360; Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM); RSA Authentication Manager; Active Directory; Scientific Word; La Tex; Symantec Endpoint; Guardian Edge; RightNow Blackberry Enterprise Server; DameWare NT Utilities; CISCO Packet Tracer; GNS3; Putty; MS SQL Server; Zabbix; Redmine ticketing system
Hardware: Cisco IT Essentials (PC software and hardware); HP desktops & laptops; Dell desktops, laptops & servers; Lenovo ThinkPad laptops; Compaq laptops & desktops; Blackberry; Cisco Routers; Dell POE switches
- Check Workstations, VOIP phones and printers to make sure they have correct IP address
- Troubleshoot issues with workstations, VOIP phones and printers
- Test printers and make sure user is able to print from workstations
- Document issues and non issues
- Configured and installed Dell and CISCO switches and routers
- Identified and recommended security advancements for networks using NIST procedures
- Was in charge of monitoring networks and invoking suggestions of improvement
- Implemented and configured Redmine ticketing system on Linux
- Build Network Server Racks to meet customer needs in field.
- Constructed Standard Operating Procedures and make changes if needed for staff personnel.
- Created Network diagrams using Visio, GNS3 and CISCO Packet Tracer to provide understanding to peers
- Created, troubleshoot, and mirrored databases in MS SQL server
- Made changes and updated scripts to MS SQL server using command line
- Installed and configured Zabbix on Linux server
- Monitored security threats and other errors using Zabbix
- Installed Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008
- Configured roles in Active Directory on Windows Servers
- Created VLAN’s on Dell switches
- Setup VMware for remote logins
- Was responsible for providing Tier II support for over 13,000 military and civilian users in accordance with SLA time agreements
- Troubleshot hardware and software issues for desktops, laptops, printers and Blackberrys
- Maintained and updated tickets using Remedy ticketing system
- Provided dedicated customer service in person, over the phone and through Desktop Remote Service using DameWare NT Utilities
- Synced Blackberry email services with Microsoft Exchange servers
- Enabled user accounts using Active Directory
- Troubleshot problems encountered using microcomputer software
- Performed hardware/software testing and installation
- Provided support to Citrix VPN clients
Jr. Desktop Support Technician
- Was responsible for Tier II and above level support for users in the DC, Chicago, San Francisco and New York offices.
- Performed administration, creation, and deletion of users, groups, and policies using Active directory and responsible for managing security permissions for file shares, directories and DFS structures.
- Provided Tier II Level team support for users with regards to MS Office usage questions to include the establishment of Table of Contents (TOC).
- Assisted network engineering and network integration teams with testing, deploying, troubleshooting and upgrading of network hardware and software.
- Executed the task of testing, maintaining, and monitoring computer programs and systems.
- Communicated directly with customer to collect information relating to their requirements for software components.
- Performed final desktop and laptop configurations to include the application of the image, installation of software and final QA testing.
- Deployed Windows workstation patches, images, updates and applications using Microsoft SCCM.
- Assisted in Windows 7 imaging migration and deployment of 500 workstations and laptops using PXE.
- Developed Automated Forms to ease common tasks and overall efficiency. (i.e...PC/Laptop Inventory, Loaner Laptop availability and disbursement and other equipment forms)
- Installed, maintained, upgraded and troubleshooted PC's, laptops, printers and other peripherals
- Provided Emergency support after hours to resolve hardware and software system emergencies
- Activated Blackberrys and added them to the Blackberry Enterprise servers
- Troubleshot Blackberry issues including syncing and mail issues.
- Configure RSA tokens through RSA Authentication Manager for VPN access
PC Deployment Technician
- Installed and configured over 500 new desktop systems to day to day work areas and COOP locations
- Participated in the training of use on network hardware and software
- Maintained and track hardware and software inventory
- Documented all problems, solutions, and escalations in remedy ticketing system
- Configured, sync, and replicate users Lotus Notes email
- Ensured users VPN connections are working properly after manually updating Extend 360 and Cisco AnyConnect
- Successfully troubleshooted, resolved, and/or escalated technical problems in a timely manner
- Back up and restored up to 30 users data on a weekly basis
- Set-up and troubleshooted network and local printers
- Ran and installed programs off Confidential network
Abt Global Intranet Migration project
- Deleted and installed certificates on 10-15 Windows 7 computers daily using Entrust Digital ID software
- Ensured users VPN connections were working properly after the certificates were installed using Cisco AnyConnect
- Installed and ran programs from Run Advertise
- Resolved over 10 tickets daily using the DART ticketing system providing customers with equipment needed to perform their job.
- Advised between 10 to 24 new hires in on-boarding sessions using either Window XP or Windows 7 pc’s to sync their active directories and Lotus notes email passwords and setup their PGP encryption.
- Monitored printer toner levels and replaced them when needed.
- Documented changes, completions and cancellations using Remedy Ticketing system
- Installed software for users remotely using Carbon Copy and ConfigMgr Remote Control
- Deployed computer systems to at least 50-60 users a week within service-level-agreement timeframe
- Provided customer support to multiple users using face-to-face meetings and remote desktop programs
- Configured and installed workstations, along with peripheral equipment needed to ensure that the end user had the ability to fulfill the assigned business responsibility including COOP environment
- Image laptop and desktops using Altiris