- Accomplished IT professional with extensive experience designing and implementing enterprise architectures and network server infrastructures within business - critical and mission-critical environments.
- As part of a growth management plan, stays abreast of emerging technologies, recommending server and system upgrades to future proof technology and infrastructure. Skilled in distributed computing, parallel processing, serverless computing, and other advances in high-performance technologies.
- Provides proactive systems administration, anticipating future needs and ensuring high performance, availability, stability, and reliability.
- Collaborates with security, DBR, and BCDR teams, participating in cohesive systems management.
- Adept in managing within a Microsoft private cloud environment with clustered services and VMs to meet corporate goals.
- Received numerous coins and commendations while working with the military in Afghanistan and Iraq, for going above and beyond the call of duty and assisting teammates with resolving challenging technical problems.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Security Architecture Optimization IT Infrastructure & Standardization
- System Performance Enhancement Large-scale Technology Deployment
- Cloud Systems Administration Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Windows System Administration Project Leadership & Team Collaboration
- Strategic Planning & Tactical Implementation Strong Analytical Problem-solving Abilities
Platforms: Windows 8 & 10, Access Control Lists, 2008 Windows Server, 2008r2 Windows Server, 2012 Windows Server, 2016 Windows Server, Exchange Server 2010, MacOS, Role Based Permissions
Tools: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint), Change Management, DISM, Enterprise Solutions, ITIL, Maximo, PowerShell Scripting Automation, Remedy, Root Cause Analysis, Security Compliance, SCCM/SMS, Technical Documentation, Vantive, VBScript
Networking: Microsoft Active Directory, Cisco IOS, DHCP, DNS, GPO Policies, LAN/WAN, LDAP, Norton Ghost, PPP, RAS, TCP/IP, VPN, WINS, Wireless, WSUS
Hardware: Server Configurations, Desktop Configurations, Peripheral Configurations, Desktop Troubleshooting, SAN, Small Business Server Configurations, RAID, ILO
- Support Confidential 's effort to remain highly competitive with an enterprise-wide overhaul, rebuilding for true cloud native environments, and a long-term strategy to transition to an all-in cloud approach.
- Developed a reputation for fast ramp-ups and for providing enhancements and support in stressful situations. Utilize a straightforward communications style that speaks to the business concerns, and employ a calm and focused approach when speaking with nontechnical staff and management.
- Provided cloud administration and server management in support of corporate’s acquisition strategy as our global and domestic datacenter footprint grew to include five continents. Next steps include preparing to support a public cloud that is being built, using Azure, AWS, and Google.
- Managed a Microsoft private cloud environment with clustered servers and 10,000 VMs that met corporate goals for improved disaster recovery, load balancing, availability, and data center management.
- Repurposed decommissioned servers to create a high-availability 5-node cluster that supported project environments. While intended as a short-term solution, the cluster continued to provide benefits for 6 years after the hardware's end-of-life.
- Took an active approach to problem resolution and contributed to reducing tickets, resulting in an improved understanding of the business domain, as well as in identifying resources for particularly challenging issues.
- Installed numerous Windows virtual machines (VMs) as a proof of concept to support the business as it migrated away from physical servers.
- Configured and managed datacenter components, including virtualization servers, virtual networking components, and storage resources, using Virtual Machine Manager (VMM). Without formal training, quickly came up to speed on new technologies and techniques.
- Created a more productive work environment by migrating simple tier 1 tasks to the Network Operations Center (NOC). Trained staff on issue resolution and created and implemented runbooks so best practices and procedures were followed. Became a primary point of contact for complex issues or for when new processes were created.
- Worked closely with security architects to understand and implement security measures and to define and implement an authentication and authorization approach.
- Effectively trained and mentored newly hired personnel, as well as Information Management Officers (IMO).
- Improved efficiency by helping to develop and document business continuity operating policies and procedures.
- Received a performance achievement award for exceeding service and performance expectations.
Senior Technical SME
- Developed and implemented an asset inventory/equipment monitoring and management database.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert (SME) in providing administration, troubleshooting, and support of Windows operating systems, servers, and applications.
- Honored with two performance achievement awards for consistently excelling “above and beyond” expectations.
Confidential, St. Louis, Missouri
Senior Technology Consultant
- Interfaced with Information Assurance to ensure computer security compliance.
- Administered Active Directory user and computer accounts in Group Policy.
- Administered offsite Windows and Sun UNIX servers as part of an offsite disaster recovery center.
- Documented processes and trained new personnel in resolving known issues, well as in current operating procedures.
- Planned, coordinated, and implemented network security measures to protect mission-critical data, software, and hardware.
- Maintained the information flow between the Regional Command Operations Center and the S-6 shop, communicating all operational issues.
- Monitored and analyzed network performance to determine system adjustments and identify, troubleshoot, and resolve performance degradation issues. Performed maintenance and troubleshooting of Exchange Server.
- Coordinated and led multiple concurrent IT projects, including analyzing situations, developing solutions, allocating tasks, and monitoring work schedules.
- Drove a project to update and maintain accurate server documentation used to produce weekly status reports.
- Honored with two performance achievement awards for consistently exceeding goals and objectives.
Confidential, St. Louis, Missouri
Senior Implementation Manager
- Provided technical leadership in deploying and supporting various proprietary UNIX middleware applications.
- Served as a liaison to the development team, analyzing issues and devising solutions to resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Delivered 24/7 support in the handling of critical potential application issues and in implementing effective solutions.
- Earned a reputation as a subject matter expert among peers for providing excellent problem-solving methodologies.
- Initiated and created detailed best practice procedure documentation for streamlining training and recording processes.