Legal Administrative Assistant Floater
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Train new hires; entered and finalized time for Partners and Associates; answered and screened phone calls for potential clients; ran conflict checks, prepared engagement letters and opened new client matters; scanned mail and legal documents into IManage client directory; distributed mail; transcribed and prepared attorney instructions, correspondence, legal documents and pleadings; updated Pleadings Indexes; and emailed documents to opposing counsel and clients.
- Prepared mail/merge for Will reminder letters and mailings; prepared draft estate planning documents; reserved conference rooms for document signings; and witnessed signing of Wills and other final estate planning documents.
- Updated and logged tasks and data into project management tool NEEDLES; assisted with preparation of documents such as Warrants in Debt, Bills of Particulars, Answers to Interrogatories and Responses to Requests for Production of Documents, Attorney Subpoenas, Voirs Dire, etc.; some preparation of Court filings; calendared hearings dates and Discovery deadlines.
- Prepared Summonses and draft Pleadings; prepared Discovery documents; prepared some Court filings; assisted with the preparation of hearing binders; and downloaded case law from Westlaw.
- Welcomed and greeted clients; informed attorneys of client arrivals; maintained cleanliness of conference rooms; confirmed client meetings; maintained coffee station and seating area; some stocking of supplies; and validated parking.
Software Applications and Technology: Manage Client Database; NEEDLES; iTimekeep; Windows Office 365 - Word, Outlook, Excel; Elite; Adobe; copier and scanner; transcription machine; and Westlaw.
Legal Administrative Assistant
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Reported to two senior partners and three associates in the Confidential .
- Entered and finalized time entries; prepared pro formas and finalized and mailed bills.
- Managed and directed heavy call volume.
- Transcribed and prepared client advisories, legal correspondence, memorandum and internal written and email communications.
- Prepared and submitted expense account reports.
- Reserved conference rooms.
- I occasionally made some international and continental Confidential arrangements, mainly rail and air flights.
- Maintained over 200 client files.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provided secretarial support to the Vice President of Legislative Affairs and the Legislative Representative for Taxation and for various Departmental responsibilities.
- Answered heavy phones and directed calls efficiently; circulated mail and publication materials; scheduled internal and external meetings; organized projects at the direction of the legislative representative; made travel arrangements; prepared draft Institute memorandum for mailing to members; produced extensive briefing materials for meetings; revised charts and tables; maintained working group mailing lists; prepared correspondence and mailings to Congressional Members; prepared testimony for Congressional hearings; and maintained files.