- Certified Principal, Instructional Designer, Analyst Healthcare Professional who is a motivated self - starter with 14 years of healthcare experience in the areas of case management, Instructional Design, Epic / Implementation, MST Build, Curriculum Development, Go-Live experience Medicaid and Medicare knowledge and higher . Skills in quality improvement reviews and preparation as well as health care industry consulting with individuals and families.
- ICD-9-and insurance billing,
- Microsoft Office, StarFish, Modules for Tools
- MS Project,
- Proficient in hospital Revenue-cycle, privacy practices, billing follow-up, reconciliation and billing issues
- Articulate and persuasive in written and verbal communication with consumers, staff and professional peers.
- Experience healthcare professionals, providers and certified aides through Go-live
- Credentialed in the Cadence Application of EPIC
- Enterprise Implementation experience
- Participated in all aspects of Cadence discovery, design, build, and optimization in a Community Connect setting
- Assist in program design, build outline and implementation strategy.
- Build Cadence/Rev Cycle for the Community Connect specific end-users.
- Development of project planning tools, build/ checklists, change control, meeting agendas, status report, go-live support documents, documentation to be delivered to the client/vendor
- Work in conjunction with various Analysts in design, build, implementation, and support for Community Connect Vendors/Clients
- Install new applications, upgrades existing applications and provides go-live support. Support users on new applications, modules and functionality.
- Evaluate operational workflows and create system specifications from user requirements.
- Install new applications, new components, and upgrade existing applications. Configure application settings.
- Template Build
- Experience conducting and participating in technical dress rehearsals with Confidential, Confidential and Owensboro Health
- Certified in the Cadence & Prelude Epic Applications
- Familiar with OnBase and ATE Support
- MST Build, workflow updates, change control and optimization
- Creating, developing and implementing curriculum from the ground up for clients
- Understanding scope of the organization, teamwork initiatives, establishing rapport with Analysts and Updating curriculum to ensure current workflows are reflected
- Task Master for meeting critical deadlines
Confidential, Chattanooga, TN
Prelude Analyst/ Principal Trainer/Instructional Designer
- Responsible for analysis, design, coding, communication, implementation, maintenance and support of Revenue Cycle Cadence Application
- Integrates Confidential ’s Information Service Mission Statement and vision into daily tasks through dedication to customer satisfaction, quality improvement, and collaborative working relationships.
- Provides consultation support regarding work flow changes or system changes that improve the cost benefits achievable by automation. Updated Visios and loaded into Sharepoint for review and documentation
- Responsible for continual end user support and when necessary in the Confidential community, including Command Center support and Help desk requests. Worked POB system for tickets during and post go-live
- Works with vendors to promote optimal functionality, including documenting and analyzing validity and recommends prioritizing system change during Change Control meetings per Confidential requests to operational management.
- Uses up to date knowledge and skills associated with the content being delivered, and often acts as a subject matter expert in the technical/functional area of the content.
- Designs/revises materials and creates activities to support the curriculum. Determines audience needs and adapts program delivery accordingly.
- Develops curriculum including: the development of materials such as tip sheets, user guides, e-Learning modules and other job aides.
- Independently prepares Credentialed Trainers for classroom, including the preparation and maintenance of the Epic system environment, and of classroom materials.
- Attend all required build courses
- Present Curriculum to Review Boards, develop Visios and conduct Pilot .
- Experience, revising, creating and implementing work flows for ambulatory and inpatient phases.
- Familiar with EOL systems, health stream, course catalog and scheduling of end users
- MST Build, Production and PLY for the Cadence/Prelude Applications
- Curriculum Development(On-going)
- Received OnBase via HIM Instructional Designer, Incorporated OnBase into Cadence/Prelude
- Managing Credentialed Trainers, scheduling of courses and catalog development
- Experience managing a team of Credentialed Trainers: Scheduling, credentialing, classroom management and material ordering in bulk.
- Patient movement representative for team
- Participated in Integrated Testing, script testing and design
- Participated and lead team of Credentialed Trainers through Appointment Conversion
- Ensure for Scheduling/registration and referrals was facilitated during orientation for At-the-Elbow Support
- Participated as team representative with the Referrals Workgroup created by the client
- 90% of Credentialed Trainers remained on the project to become Team Leads under my leadership
Confidential, Owensboro, KY
- Develop, implement, enforce and review current workflows for clinics
- Troubleshoot current issues within clinics pertaining to workflow and end-users
- Work alongside EPIC team members within OneHealth Owensboro
- Participate in Check-in meetings to discuss issues, progress and clinics who will go-live
- Provide at-the-elbow support for front-desk end-users and nurses within OneHealth Clinics, Urgent Care, Family Practice and Orthopedics clinics.
- Revenue Cycle workflows restructured to include cash drawers and deposits for clinics, EOD discussed WQ management
- Provided One-on-One ATE support for Practice office scanner-OnBase
- Documents and e-signature required paperwork enforced CareEverywhere enforced, discussed and reviewed
Confidential, Greenville, SC
- Provides classroom to end users of assigned applications using the curriculum, lessons, and materials provided by the organization's Principal Trainers.
- Administers the proficiency assessment and evaluation processes.
- Works with Principal Trainers to provide feedback on additional end user learning needs, remediation of identified issues and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for the classroom logistics including set-up, materials, supplies and equipment.
- Familiar with "go-live" support activities.
- OnBase ATE during go-live(scanning )
- Experience more than 11,000 end-users
- Troubleshooting and ticket submission turn around times are above satisfactory levels
Confidential, Greenville, SC
Healthcare Administration Faculty/Program Director
- Complete academic advising for healthcare administration students
- Provide freshman orientation to all degree-seeking students
- Lead scheduler and registrar for upcoming courses for required curriculum
- Create approved lesson plans that will provide knowledge and expertise to students pursuing degrees in the healthcare field.
- Stimulate class discussions online and within a traditional classroom setting
- Appraise student progress by way of assessments and student evaluation
- Proficiency in the use of StarFish
- Managed functions of Quality Improvement, HIPAA Privacy Law, ICD-10, medical office procedures, as well as the transitioning of medical records to electronic format.
- Utilization of Georgia Southern Modules for Tools
- Management of healthcare administration students, on-campus student organization initiatives and healthcare administration faculty
Confidential, Greenwood, SC
Patient Access Specialist
- Provide Customer Service to patients throughout healthcare facility
- Answer and process all telephone calls directed to Emergency department
- Data entry, gather and verify patient information
- Complete insurance claims, payments and discharge documentation
- Completes the registration of patients at bedside and/or at the registration areas assuring appropriate departmental policies and procedures are followed
- Understanding of insurance and managed care contracts
- Completing transfers, discharges and admissions to and from healthcare organizations including ambulatory care facilities
- Provider of administrative duties associated with patient intake and discharge
- Downtime experience
Confidential, Greenville, SC
Targeted Case Manager
- Coordinate services for individuals diagnosed with Intellectual Disabilities or Related Disabilities once deemed eligible to receive services.
- Authorize services recommended/required for eligible individuals quarterly or monthly per assessment.
- Monitor services based on need, satisfaction and effectiveness.
- Case manager also manages State ID/RD Waiver budget to assure coverage and funding
- Assists with Medicaid and Medicare billing, reviewing, and eligibility
- Works closely with Social Security Administration for annual compliance review and eligibility
- Advocates for consumers during al conferences, hospital discharge procedures, legal hearings, and disability review boards.
- Familiar with diagnosis, conditions, infectious diseases, preventative planning, placement, and medication.
- Other Healthcare Positions Held: Living Support Specialist: Greenville County