The bulk of my experience has been in managing projects and technical support operations. My extensive background in electronics, computer hardware and audio/video systems has been used to support my employers in terms of reputation and financial returns on projects that I have managed. I have a proven track record of bringing projects in under budget and ahead of schedule. One such project was the design, installation and operation of the distance learning network. I and my team started with an empty building and went to broadcast in 92 days with 5 studios, a/v editing facility, sound studio, and interactive communication with 2500 field downlink locations. I am currently supporting the trucking industry through merchandising, advertising and technical support to truck stops.
Field Service Professional
Confidential, Tuscaloosa, AlabamaResponsibilities:
- I provide services to the truck stop industry.
- I am responsible for several states.
- I provide the following services:
- Install, troubleshoot and resolve problems with satellite radio systems
- Fulfill delivery and displaying of trucker publications
- Product inventory, order and fulfillment
- Maintain POS/POP advertising media
- Provide vendor related computer system services
- Work with on - site managers to resolve service and system issues
- Travel 20-25 days a month.
Field Service Technician
Confidential, Chattanooga, TN
- Installed and maintained voice/data/SMATV systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with T-1 circuits, LEC lines, internet access, phones, satellite receivers, RF distribution network, wireless internet access and control circuits.
- Trained other technicians in the policies, procedures and system guidelines.
- Supervised contractor crews in proper installation and construction parameters.
- Worked with onsite managers to resolve service and system issues.
- Installed, terminated and connected cat 3, cat 5, and multi-pair Telco cable (50, 100, 150, 200 and 300 pair)
Confidential, Coral Springs, FL
- Developed scope and timeline for installation of underground utility (phone and Confidential ) in truck stops and in various soil conditions
- Drew designs and layouts of parking facilities for system installation
- Monitored progress of projects and approved contractor payments
- Responsible for maintaining good working relationship between the managers and the contractors
- Created and submitted daily and weekly reports to the home office
- Utilized project management software to manage up to 9 installations simultaneously
- Involved in the design or installation of over 70 sites during my tenure
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Custom A/V, Home Theater, and Multimedia Presentation Systems for residential, business and facilities
Chief Engineer/Service manager
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- A/V system design, installation and service
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Design, install and maintain Ku band transmitter site for distance learning network
Vice President - Operations
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Computer system design, installation and service